Some golden oldies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeraiser, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Thought it'd be cool to post these so people can see what the old stats looked like as well as bases and Taunts and Name tokens which were some of my favourite features of the game, also can see what the old rune manager looked like too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aseryen, iPox, devilsrath and 4 others like this.
  2. only

only Active Member

was there "graveyard" back in the time? if so, where runes on CD were listed?

edit: when I see how abilities are listed, I do understand (more than ever) what a loyal community Pox has... for reals...

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I definetely like with bases better.

4. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i like you, you remind me of when i was new and inexperienced.

i saw that a few times lol.

5. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Seems so long ago. Good times though the old days.

Also reset tokens...lol bad stuff that.

6. Axeraiser

Just saw on the bottom one there it has the date of a trade , this was back in 2009 ! holy moly thats a long time ago.

7. Axeraiser

Oh and these were taken back during one of the IS and SL wars, the communities were pretty tight knit and we used to constantly have wars with one another back in the day :p

8. only

only Active Member

flaming mmcnally and heajmac is the only one tie to the community nowadays...

Karmavore likes this.
  9. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

Yep...there was always a war. FUN FUN :p

10. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

The rune dock had all your champs concealed and you had to pick which 1's you wanted to reveal so you could pick #5 and 17 and hope you got something good

11. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Those chat tabs look much better than the current ones, so does the runedock.

I don't think the UI now is as translucent as the ones in the photos. IDK why SOE would have changed it, but it's a bad change.

Pipster likes this.
  12. NakedAmerica

NakedAmerica The King of Potatoes

lol axe, who was that dude who ran a little anti SL cult deal... watchtower or something was the guild i think? Always talking in lobby about down with the slimy lizards and so on.

13. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Lighthouse, man, they were really irritating. I wasn't sorry to see the back of them :p

14. NakedAmerica

NakedAmerica The King of Potatoes

yeah they were annoying but they brought a certain character to the game. I always thought they were crazy...

ssez and lusians like this.
  15. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I personally liked how the passive abilities were listed. For me it was much clearer then having icons that overlapped.

In terms of the other parts of the UI, I like having the ones that are on CD moved off to the right, though it was fun "randomly drawing" runes by clicking on them.

The Rune Forger was a bit of a mess, especially with how ATK, DMG and DEF were calculated, SPD wasn't the most intuitive, but it was fun =P. Most of us just really enjoyed the Rune Forger aspect, which complicated the design significantly, but allowed for some fun customization.

16. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Oh my god yeah the old speed system how did that even work it was so weird.

Like if a champ had 11 speed it got 8 ap or something? WTH

17. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

The calculation was

SPD = Max AP
    (SPD/2) + 2 = AP/Turn

If I remember correctly.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

too bad IS gave up on warring after the first one I took part in

if I remember the precise quote... "no I'm out because I don't think we're gonna win, Dagda is too much a fearsome god"

perhaps that's not an *exact* quote. But you get the idea

19. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

I miss the old days, since I've been playing from 07 up until now I've noticed many little things about this game which is what kept me playing, until soe came along that is! I'm glad that the old octopi members are back and I start to enjoy the game like I used to

Fentum and aseryen like this.
  20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That last pic is shopped.

When I played Axe I usually won. Especially when I played IS.

YES I REMEMBER THAT GAME.

Axeraiser likes this.