Some Helpful Tips

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by dueljewel, Jun 15, 2014.

1. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

I dont consider myself to be one of poxnora's elite players but lately ive been seeing a lot of newcomers making these few simple mistakes and id just like to list them out as to try and help the newer players out :)

1. Don't be Afraid To Scry, that exta rune reveal sometimes can make or break a turn/game

2. when things look down do not start spell spamming! being down 2 champs to 3 can turn into a 2-5 disadvantage quickly!

3. know when to abandon contesting a font. leaving a font for a turn or 2 to heal/recuperate/rethink can totally change the game.

4. don't ignore the rune forge! it is helpful depending on the rune you need!

5. learn your champions and what their abilities are. this is the biggest one i think i keep seeing. new players not understanding or not reading the enemies champions. Make sure you familiarize yourself with champions. here is a list of some champions i suggest new players learn

1. Morrigan The Lost
    2. Korona Bok Huntress, Inquisitor Magnus, Snogvie The Antbear, Dugon, Garu Stalwart, Shallaxy The Courier, Sixul The World Ender, Coargh Two Heads, K'ento First Disciple
    3. Augur Of The Deep
    4. Serkan, Lich Master
    5. Vindrax
    6. Experimental Warspirit
    7. Soulthirster
    8. Hekatian Bloodguard
    9. Dirge, Moga Lord
    10. Ferren Master

i watch new players struggle with these champions almost daily. its good to learn these champs plus more. if you have any input to add please do and i encourage all new players to read the forums and ask questions! only 15% of pox are trolls, the rest will gladly help!

Lushiris likes this.
  2. lamaros

lamaros New Member

If I have a bit of gold, what is the best value to spend it on?

3. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

how the gold store is looking right now id buy extended boxes with gold, youre guarenteed a exotic rune and you have that chance to pull angels or 150k runes such as korona bok huntress or snogvie.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

also remember, the 150k runes right now are really valuable, id advise keeping them unless youre suffering for runes and even then consult their value on poxbox thus to not be ripped off

5. lamaros

lamaros New Member

Ta. I'm not doing any trading or anything until the revamp hits, so we will see.

I do note that it seems warbanners are crap now?

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Nah, they're still great, just not OP anymore.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you forgot to always calculate the cost of runes so that you have sufficient Nora to plan fr next 2 turns also
    try to not opponent get too many Nora globes sometimes its better to sacrifice low Nora runes to gain 30-40 Nora

8. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Good tips chickenpox2