Some ideas for grintmaw to spice them up

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by free20play, Jun 17, 2017.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

So i thought about grintmaw and how boring they are and i came up with some ideas to spice them up.
    ok so lets give grintmaw a racial version of calcify thats weaker plus their current racial with some extras tacked on.
    we'll call it harden and it comes attached with rock defiance.
    harden will give 1+ defense for 1 turn when this unit is attacked and on the 4th hit the unit is cleansed and healed for 2 health per each friendly rock defiance unit near it,to a max of 6 or 8 hp heal along with the current effects of rock defiance.
    also the amount can be lower then that if you guys want and its not really supposed to be high just enough so as to help out grintmaw since i have some upcoming changes for shaman:). and if you guys find the heal on the 4th hit too much it doesn't need to be added or you can have the heal delayed to 5th hit if you want.
    i mainly just want the cleanse on the 4th or 5th hit since grintmaw have been lacking in good sources of theme specific cleanse since shaman lost cleansing aura.
    also i'll probably have stonearm sash not grant calcify to grintmaw anymore as having harden and calcify stacked together might be a abit too much.
    so instead i'm thinking of it granting some other tanking ability to grintmaw.
    one option i'd like is for it to give regen 3 as that'd fit really well in grintmaw.

i also came up with some ideas to change grintmaw shaman.
    right now whenever he's a good rune it seems he's spammed in other IS decks(and splits), so my thought is he should be changed into a more racial/theme specific rune and i also want to make him more interesting since he's been kinda bland ever since he lost dampen.
    so i came up with this new support ability for grintmaw shaman.
    i'm not sure what name i should call it so if you guys could got any good names please tell me.
    so this x support ability it'll basically be an aoe heal at the start of each turn. ( think of a non scaling version of elven statue )
    it'll start off as this unit heals friendly champ units 1 health for each nearby rock defiance unit in a range of 5 at the start of each turn.
    i'm not exactly sure if it should count shaman or not but if it didn't it'd probably be a abit too weak so i'll make it so it adds in shaman for the heal effect. though that can be changed if you guys want.
    so at beginning and end of turn with just one rock defiance unit around it'd be a 2 hp heal.so not a big deal and again i don't want this heal ability to have infinite scaling like elven statue.
    also shaman in exchange will be losing his other healing abilities for this new ability.
    i'll also give it say a cap of 5,6 or 8 heal per start of each turn which would translate into a 10,12 or 16 heal for each round. it'll end up being a decent source of healing late game i suppose while early on it'll be non existent.
    As for the replacements for shamans lost skills i'm thinking of giving him buffer since that skill would really fit in well with grintmaw and command heal.

i also got some ideas for grintmaw hymn but right now its already a good spell outside of grintmaw and so thats preventing me from really doing anything with it.
    so my idea is to make it racial/theme exclusive to grintmaw.
    and also since grintmaw shaman is losing cleanse for his new support ability i want to compensate grintmaw and also give them some better forms of cleanse since they've had kinda shitty ones ever since shaman lost cleansing aura and it seems kinda wrong that a theme about tanking lacks decent cleansing options in theme and has to look outside of theme to get it.
    so i'll give grintmaw hymn a global cleanse effect like cleansing storm but only for rock defiance units.
    i'll also make the dmg buffer only work for rock defiance units but lower the amount blocked to 15 or 20 but give it better late game scaling by increasing the buffer by 5 per rock defiance rune instead of the current 3.
    the main reason for this is change is i don't want grintmaw players to be punished for running runes like rockforger,rock golem and so on.
    but i don't want to see the spell go out of hand because of those rockling summons. so i'll make it only count real units and not summons with rock defiance. i'm also thinking of increasing the spells cost by an extra 5,10,or 15 nora but giving it a nora refund mechanic for each real rock defiance rune so it becomes more of a late game spell then one that you can use early on.
    overall i think these changes would probably make grintmaw alot more interesting to play and face against.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. free20play

also just wana say hardens 1+ defense won't be shared with the other grintmaw.
    its basically a weaker version of calcify thats built into every rock defiance unit.
    this is in case someone misunderstood me and thought something crazy.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This is crazily strong

4. free20play

i was thinking of these changes alongside with some other ones that i didn't post.
    some of them included grintmaw singer&rockslinger getting revamped,2 new spells for grintmaw,and one new grintmaw relic and equip.
    i also thinking bouncer could have cooperation added to him on base but have the regen 2 and 3 upgrades removed for something else alongside with improve range.(which could be given to another current grintmaw unit or future one)
    as for replacements for bouncers lost upgrades.
    maybe block2,readiness/scale armor (take1) or fellowship,spontaneous regeneration/healself3 ( take2)?