Some question from newbie

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by ClearFox, Jul 14, 2015.

1. ClearFox

ClearFox New Member

Hi all!

Im relatively new in PoxNora, and after some issues with my forum account(forum decided that im a spammer and block my account, so im unable to post until now), i wish to ask some help in game.

I read the guides, but there is some questions that i didnt find, for example, a split-faction runes counts as single race or as two in case if you for example make a two-faction deck of SL and SP, and decided to add Kiergana, which is SL/UD, will it works as valid deck?

Also, can you give some advices on campaign deck for ST and SL? I like SL, but they a bit too violent for me(why bad guys always have things that i like? and why dragons so evil?..... eh, evil side always have cookies that i like:)), so i decided to pick one good and one bad faction to develop decks. Playing ST, i enjoyed Bluefists, but overall faction is slightly frail, at least in form of public deck. But still like it! Spells is nice, and also faction have some nice heals and other useful spells, as well as differrent frost damafe boosters.So ill finish a battle spamming spells with relic that boosts frost damage by 25% and some Jackei Shamans and charged Bluefist with some heal support. SL public deck is better, but all my strategy is overbuff Vindrax and go smash, bringing Valdac behind for debuff/heal and dragon spawn.

Also, id like to ask, what is the best way to grind for my first deck? I mean get some commonish runes(still want to say cards:)) to be able to make basic deck and understand how to make an efficient set of runes(just bored with public decks already-__-).

And also would like to know, what is my top priority for gold investment? id like to buy avatar first, probably ST and SL one. But what next? Which packs and/or campaigns(and etc.) should i buy?

Also, is there any working gift codes? I found one, got UD Shadow Master with it(code is CONVENTION). Another was Badgerwulf for log in with steam account.

Also would like to know, is there exist some good newbish guild to join? I wish to learn some tips from other players, and get a nice community to talk and play:)

Have a nice day:)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I can't really help with specifics but wanted to offer a warm welcome.

Play a few factions with public stuff. Look at other factions as you play against them. Pick one to focus on and spend time developing a decent BG.

Split runes can count as either faction when it comes to the 15/15 limit. Automatically works to your advantage.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yep, it should still work. At the bottom of the rune manager, you will see little icons for each faction. So long as you have at least 15 of each of two different icons, the deck will work.

Play Skirmishes, and trade around. Doing daily quests for gold can help you get packs (or boxes). Getting extended boxes gives you the best runes for the gold price. If you're looking for extra help in-game, apply to Pox Academy. While they don't hand out free runes, they can give you plenty of advice about trades and deck building.

Welcome to the game!

4. ClearFox

ClearFox New Member

Trouble is i cannot pass story campaign... its probably because of my awful skills, but tried to pass Trials of the Protectorate/Wraith and fail hard. Thats why i add question about deck for campaign. So id like to know, which campaign is easiest to pass and which deck should i pick for it(public included also). And overall strategies, etc.
    Edit: Found a decent campaign to play, its Crazed Beasts, now on 3rd encounter, seems playable with Winters Grip public deck.
    Currently grinding basic campaigns for runes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Probably the beginner campaigns. Trials are hard for everyone, don't worry too much.

6. ClearFox

ClearFox New Member

Okay.

Already done Crazed beasts with Savage public deck(Winter Snap one). Well it have nice abilities, but i feel premade deck frail because it lacks any good healers, which isnt that good. I just dont like to throw units like cannon fodder. SL deck at least have some regeneration that allow you to put your units away(or near the capture point) to heal, its slow, but at least reliable. Both Shaman and Ice caster have very low healing possibilities....
    I wish to ask, is they overall frail faction, or just a premade deck, or they require some tactical approach? Well, frost damage boost is nice, but its two edged sword, especially if you playing ST vs ST. I just wish to know how to use ST public deck properly. I usually start from Ice dragons, then try to capture points with 2 of them, or Glacial Titan with one Ice dragon, then while AI is fighting my dragons or titan, i buying bluefists and shamans as well as relics like banner and Shard. Bluefists almost always guarding capture points, accumulating charges. Shamans helps titan survive a bit more of damage as well as some situational spells. Then i buy Icesnap and Casters, as well as Arcadons. And thats all, then i just bring them together to shrine, holding bluefists away from battle, and then they both just focusing on shrine, while others just hold enemy to not let them die while they demolishing shrine.

Thats my strategy for ST. As for spells, i mostly use them on large enemy amounts, or just to secure capture point. Cleansing storm rather for heal, all other depends on enemy i encounter.

And another question, got a ST banner, but when i buy ST Avatar, i will get another one, what should i do with spare one?

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

With your spare ST banner, go to the Rune Checklist. Click on the ST banner, then click Open In Forge. There you will be able to sacrifice the banner for 150 shards. That's more than you will get by trading it.

8. ClearFox

ClearFox New Member

Thanks for advice, ill sacrifice it later:)

9. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

For helping, I can spare some SL ones for you (Nothing great, but will help), if want ^^

10. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Yeah man I definitely recommend picking 1 faction to start and focus on building a BG you like there. Look for aesthetic and ask around. For example, you could like the mirefolk type runes and you can go ask the foglar section if a deck can be made with them and what are good runes etc. this community is usually more than eager to help you find your way :)