Something I think we all could do well to remember from time to time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BansheeX, Mar 26, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

2. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I know this comic! I commented on this comic! :D

Kate Leth is a pretty awesome person/artist/human/all of the above

3. BansheeX

She is indeed.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

People come to the internet precisely for the reason that they can behave in any way they want without consequences. I highly doubt anyone seeing this will change their attitude, simply because a lot of people don't care how they act, but it's good to know there are a few people who have hope left for humanity.

5. JazzMan1221

Perhaps I should rephrase: people come onto the internet with that mindset; whether they choose to exploit it or not is still their choice. A lot of people on the internet are friendly and pro-social, but even these individuals will let their true nature slip presented with given the right set of circumstances. I don't know if you were around then, but there used to be this incredibly annoying and pretentious forum troll back in the SOE days called bobbyjoblo. A more miserable, disrespectful, arrogant, self-serving ******* you will never meet. He still plays I think, but essentially his entire personality was an air of superiority underlying a sad and pathetic individual. He was exactly the type that I'm referring to here; someone who may seem logical and forthright on the surface, but it was all an act for those too stupid to see through his farce. Someone who could present a diatribe in a convincing-sounding manner, but should anyone question his facts or authority, and he would explode with injustices and harsh words about how no one understood him and we were all just ignorant fools.

Most of the Pox community abhorred his presence, simply because of his attitude. These types of people come to the internet exactly for this purpose, and in the name of "free speech", they let fly with as much Bane Shift as they can, just because the consequences of doing so are negligible at best. Bobby was eventually banned from the SOE forums, amid the community's rejoicing, and I for one am glad to see the last of his posts. He was exactly the type of person who should not be allowed the privilege of internet use in the first place, because he made life hell for rational individuals everywhere.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I get confused sometimes

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

I see what you did there

8. JazzMan1221

Wait, wait, wait........

1. YOU'RE bobbyjoblo? I honestly did not know that.

2. Shows how much you know, I'm not American.

3. You spend hours typing up threads that you know will bring you nothing but brag and abuse? Talk about wasting time and energy.

4. Your post has clearly illustrated that nothing has changed one bit about you; you're still the same person you always were. Thus, I would be wasting MY time and effort attempting you help you see reason.

5. So........you're REALLY bobbyjoblo? o_O

9. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

oh there IS an ignore feature on this forum. Nice.

On topic, nice post banshee

10. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Lol its quite ironic that Banshee's post about not hurting ppl turned into two individuals pretty much going at it lol. Its realities like this that show just how ridiculous we are on the internet......the truth is tho i understand jazz's statement....he was never saying all ppl are like that.....even if he didnt specify....he was giving u a lil leadway to figure that out for yourself tho.......and everyone else......the point of his statement is tho.

there is NO to LITTLE CONSEQUENCE no matter how we act on the internet.....first we must all realize that truth......only when we all realize that can we move forward.....then the people have to see that they actually have to CHOOSE to act mature and respectful........then all the ******** start thinking "hmmm you mean i CAN act like a human being? EVEN THOUGH theres nothing here to make me do so? theres no consquence if i dont?" well in reality there is a consquence....you do further surcumb to becoming someone that really and truely does have a rotten soul.......if we think our actions/words dont matter on the internet......if we dont think that these things have MEANING......if we dont find our words on here to be projections of ourselves......well then we are wrong. but it is kinda nice tho......just to see if people really can be friendly on the interenet.......its nice to see if there are people who dont need the authority or the law to say hey "you have to act civilized" This is still life......these are still people on the internet.....neighbors.....friends.....children......parents......so i mean theres nothing really to MAKE us act in a kind manner but does that mean we shouldnt?

rickyjpen likes this.
  11. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Wow. Just wow.

Kate Leth is awesome, buy a taco shirt.

12. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

XD

Of all people in this forum, the only one lucky enough to remember him, post about him while replying to him (while ignoring his identity) is you, Jazz.

Laughing my stylus off.

13. Comissar

I, uh, I didn't know

14. JazzMan1221

Neither did I. You may be surprised to hear this bobby, but not everyone takes such a keen interest in your doings. I know of you as bobbyjoblo because of your horrendous reputation, but Astamir was a name completely unknown to me before this.

15. Comissar

Shall we leave off the personal attacks and bickering now? This is to you both

Astamir likes this.
  16. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Jazz is one of the few people around with enough integrity and sincerity to speak the truth around (and straight insulte you or salute you if you so deserve it, no shenanigans and no sugarcoats), so excuse me if I do not buy your version of the story.

As with everything, this is my personal view. In any case, it is irrelevant for the topic at hand, so I'll leave it there.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  17. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

It's only text, like getting a random letter from a stranger. Why should someone care about the opinion of a stranger they don't know? You cannot be loved or hated by people who don't know you.

The OP is ridiculous. You don't know who you're communicating with. It's like sending a message in a bottle. There are no people on the internet, not in anonymous forums like these.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  18. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

this thread makes it pretty obvious who to ignore :/

Seriously though, friendly trolling here and there is fine but there is not really an excuse for some of the behavior that gets thrown around. While all you see is a screen name and it is sometimes hard to believe, there is in fact a real person behind that name.

I won't see your response but would you send a hate letter to your neighbor with your name on it? The forums are a community, treat it like one.

Dagda likes this.
  19. BansheeX

That was definitely not the goal of the thread, but sadly you are right.

20. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm sorry if I am included in that. I apologize that I got into this debate too I just felt slightly offended by one of the people in the thread. I'll delete all my posts so they don't show anymore.