Sonnic Flight

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, May 3, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

All voil now have sonar 1, what do you reckon?

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

less range hate

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I feel this change was pretty bad tbh.

Woffleet likes this.
  4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Well we still don't know how else the Voil are changing. It's not really fair to assume it's a blanket nerf.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Maybe Conqueror will lose Opportunistic in favor of +1 SPD :cool:

oTruffles and Woffleet like this.
  6. Vorian

Just compare him to northern cross fanatic!

7. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure why eliminating ranks is so cool and needed. Sonic Flight 1, 2, and 3 would be absolutely fine, but... I dunno... that's "confusing" or something...

Also, "sonic flight" doesn't mean flying with the aid of sonar... based on the meaning of "supersonic flight," it literally means to fly at the speed of sound. Sonar Flight would make more sense, even if it doesn't sound as cool.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  8. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

A bunch of players, me included, proceeded to independently respond to that preview with suggesting giving them Evasive 1 (or take X% less ranged damage) for each Voil within X spaces, and one of the devs recognized the suggestion as a good idea. So take a chill pill...Voils will be cool.

9. allyorbase

Giving Voil a bonus to evasion when near other voil... I like that fine, I guess, but I am assuming they will cost less, overall, then, because right now, their expense is only justified in their having Flight + Evasion with a very, very minor drawback (Vuln: Sonic).

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  10. Vorian

I prefer Sonar as evasive one rather than an x thing.

11. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

But then any Flying + Evasive champ in the game (and there are a lot of them) is basically a Voil if they keep that rather generic racial (imo, just an opinion). Also, it is a racial that does nothing to encourage making a Voil bg.

oTruffles likes this.
  12. Vorian

Surge voil is the incentive to make a voil deck.

13. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

No it isn't.

I was fine with sonic flight because it meant one of them could get dark shroud back.

oTruffles likes this.
  14. allyorbase

I just prefer simplicity. Sonar is a simple. A system where you have to count the number of voil in proximity and do math before attacking or ending your turn... that's much more complex than Sonar.

I'm a smart guy. I can handle that, fine
    I guess I disagree. Surge isn't special, nor is it the core of Voil.

Pretty much every prominent race or theme in the game has a decent Surge unit -- or several. What makes Voil appealing is range hate. It's a theme you come up against with your Archer or Tortun BG or whatever, thinking, "ah, &#!t." Yeah, Sorcerors are awesome, but you don't build a Voil BG because you want an excuse to play Voil Sorcerers; it's the other way around.

oTruffles likes this.
  15. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

Voils are my favorite so I would hate to see them get an absurd nerf. More importantly, I do expect the entire rune base to get at least a 90 degree, if not 180 degree change so I think that in retrospect a change like sonar to sonic flight might not be the smallest straw drawn among all the revamps done.
    Most Voils only have sonar 1 anyway. Bottom line though, the Stormflyer better not be scathed too bad.

16. Vorian

Most voikls dont have more than evasive 1 anyway, so this is not a nerf. All I am worried about is the conqueror, and I hope voils stay top 20 material.

17. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

If all the voils get the within x spaces thing one of them better be getting weaken spells

18. Vorian

If we got a weaken spells champ with pull and commander voil we would be looking at a battle master theme.

19. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

brace yourselves, Sonic Flight is coming.

sorry, but teh correct wording should be:

brace yourselves, less Evasive and death by Maddening Echoes is coming.

WraithxxV and Woffleet like this.