SP 'GoodStuffs' BG

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Xuvali, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah the problem is finding room for the Champs aswell. General is good, but space unfortunately is limited

2. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

What makes Voil Stormflier so good?

3. Xuvali

Low Cost, decent damage hp, alt damage

4. vipoid

What upgrades do people usually run on him?

5. Xuvali

Loyalty is a definite. I'm not 100% sure on the other, ive gone for Jolt 2 for now

6. Xuvali

Ok so Diamond Mace in replacement of Nublins.

After the Renovator Change do we think it's still a good range option?

I'm thinking Kanen tracker would be a good Detection option - alternatively Swtiching out the renovators for Glarewings Maybe

7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I run 1 Voil Transporter and 2 Spark crones. They happen to be good for detection. Pilfer is a lot better than shatter. Theres is the kanen with fire dmg or voil nighthawk that shadowspawns. They are both mediocre options. I also think Renovators are no good any more.

8. vipoid

He seems a bit expensive at the moment.

I mean, 8 speed and detection are useful, but he's lost his ability to be hidden on rock and vegetation, and his damage is absolutely pitiful.

I can see the appeal of a fast champion with detection (and possibly stealth)... just not at his current price.

9. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Glarewing isn't good, IMO. Blinding needs to work like Stunning. It also needs to trigger off of missed attacks. Right now, dodging an attack doesn't trigger Blinding (guessing it's not WAI, because of ability description), and it's really expensive, at 12 nora. No way am I gonna spend 81+ nora for a glorified detector when Transporter and Tracker are around. Heck, at least Headshrinker -- at the same cost -- has Shrink + Cackle. That combo is WAY better than Blinding.

Renovators are now too expensive. They do half as much bonus damage as before and cost the same. Meh.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Voil transporter is a baller.... i have one in almost all of my SP Bg's. Stormflyer with Loyalty and Acolyte never dies... you need acolyte to make best use of his cost as a tank/beater. Acolyte+static aura is just so great. I still think that Diamond Mace is our best strictly shatter option, but I almost never use it with todays meta, and here is why:

Usually, with the way the game is today, people will slap a survivability equip on a champ that they are trying to buff into infinity, or on an already snowballed-snowballing champ. I run VP for high-snowballed champs and super champs. I find that since problematic equips are usually people using positive equips on their super champs nnowadays, shatter and VP are usually overkill. I will wait for the equip to go on to their strong champ, then VP it getting two birds stoned with one pipe (or whatever). It gets rid of the super buffs + any charges + any equips. Super great utility. I use to run diamond mace a lot because people had a lot of neg equips and I had to deal with those, but I rarely see any neg equips nowadays (occasionally cursed blade, but very rare). So I find that I have taken diamond mace out of most of my decks.