SP/IS Constructs. Help me! Metallic Slag????

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by RedScarlet, Mar 12, 2014.

1. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Have anyone ever played an IS/SP construct BG? Can anyoen help me?

(1) How does Metallic Slag works exactly? I've had him and sold him because he's just way too awkward. What is he exactly? Font harasser? front-liner? What is this guy doing in my BG?! Is he a 2x of?

(2) Calcified Lurker. Tried him a couple of times, took people by surprise, but versus Rush this guy is useless. He's basically just a walking cheap grunt tank. I use Reclaim in conjunction with either NCP, or Nub Piez, or Shallaxy's Rock Trap

(3) Like...how does the BG fares in the meta? I understand after the adjustments, and the loss of Augur's and Xcavator's deadly rush, the meta is much safer for us to try diff slower BGs. However, there are still 8 AP - first turn on IS splits, and also on ST's side. Would an IS/SP constructs BG be able to hold on and snowball?

(4) If u guys are nice can anyone give me a slight idea of what it looks like? This was my split like months ago. Went up to 50-100 Exo and can never go up, keeps getting harsh-rushed by IS/FS back a few months ago.

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/c7OcdZCyzCobcynCidChuCw8ch6Cfgcd1S5Xsvs7ys5bs5wr2YriR2Ze1QE2W

just a clump of synergies:

Nub's Piez + NCP/Calcified Lurker's Reclaim
    Jangar Architect's Barricade + NCP/Calcified Lurker's Reclaim
    Jangar Arcanis 2 Auras + NCP Grant: Aura + Tinkerer/Fesh Grant: Aura = 24DMG in one turn. 48 if Zealotry is on.
    Magnetic Rover's Mag Pulse + Cyclonic Fesh's Overload
    Magnetic Rover Draw Power + Tinkerer's Mason

NCP's Deploy: Spear + Lightning Rod
    Overcharged Golem's Para Strike + TTotem

Bane Blast + TTotem
    Lightning Rod + Bane Blast
    Lightning Rod + TTotem

(5) Now, I wanted to play a full-on Racial BG with IS. I was thinking of Barbs, but was unimpressed by its performance, and the fact that I saw a lot in the meta (playing Aspect of Divinity + Barb Bolt + Angel of Mercy), I grew sick of it. Constructs, however (never see anyone play IS/SP strux)... is worth a try. Can anyone help me? :D

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I thought once of a IS/SP construct bg, very similar to this one you posted, but it had another edge, the speed increasement, making use of 5 speed champions that can be buffed with vitalize, complex machine, stat bonus and ghern general, supported with the ranged power of protectors and feshes.
    I don't remember it exactly so I took some things from yours:
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CiaCdZCtZCalcgqCa3Cw8CffCfhS5QS5Xs6_s7ys59r2Yr=R2ZE5
    Things like hoplite and animated armor can reach 9 speed.
    Hope it helps a little.

3. RedScarlet

Hmm.... the summoning part was what I was looking for. and Boost and Protective n stuff. I hope it plays like an IS BG.

Question please:
    1) I thought Animated Armor is way better to be built-in with Defensive Turtle + Weaken Spells? or Weaken Spells + Assault? But what do I know. I only play against Strux, not use it.

2) yea i had a vitalize idea but it didn't work, maybe because I was using Rockforger instead of Wardrummer. Rockforger is way big of a tempo hit in a non-Rock Defiance BG.

3) How does your BG fares? (since its a construct with only 2 Engineers)

4) I'll probably put an Ironfist Glider in there. its way too strong. What about Turret Teams? I feel he's way cheaper (in Nora and in Pox currency), and more versatile [3 attack types, I would skip Complex and go for Atk: Mag and Flanking if he becomes a substitute for Protector].

5) so can anyoen tell me what the deal is with our (SP or IS players) Distichious unit? Is he really useless?

*P.S you don't have any Detection utilities? Up to what league are you able to play competitively with this BG? In the past month, there were a LOT of stealth decks in the broken meta...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I don't play with the majority of the decks I post, in fact, most of them I put together in the moment, but if I considered that you cannot reach top 100 with something, I would point it out.
    In that bg I made a mistake and put 16SP 14 IS, so you can take out anything from sp and include a unobstructed view.
    Turret team was buffed to OP level, I would never let go siege, attacking the shrine directly can save the day when you are losing the board, also, he has range 1, so you'll get +5 damage from havoc's touch and you'll be able to use it at range 7.
    Metallic slag is simply not tanky enough to take advantage of the rest of his set.

5. RedScarlet

yea but its just weird how bad distichious units are. corrupted overlord is bad imo, so is sky break dragon. so is this guy. its just weird n I really wanted to use metallic slag... tested him couple months ago n to my disappointment he sux

6. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

i tried this construct split out a while back when the slag was new. it fared ok at best. i did like the fascinate and slam potentials when it was equiped with an ol sok. that being said as long as all your melee is a struct it will have immune poison and create a nice defensive perimiter for your random other ranged units to hide behind. but the bg got very gimmicky and easy to predict so it can easily get out manuevered. the vitalize part of this i didnt work in at the time so incorporating that might give it an extra edge of effectiveness.