Sp is out of control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thailady, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's my fault its 8/4%, that was my idea.

Shoulda left it at 12% on deploy refund.

2. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

I'm back after more than a year, 1 new Voil was added in the meantime, Voil Queen lost regal presence and ppl say that Voil are OP???

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

You have no idea of how funny your comment is.

ItsQtotheT and Etherielin like this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Nah voil are fine, Sok has the math and graphs to prove it. They are only slightly more efficient, dream crusher is bad as are voil, the whole faction is properly costed also.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

And that's why they're being nerfed.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

whatever. Take away bonuses do whatever you are gonna do. We have no power just an outlet to whine about op crap. Fck the Fs bonus. Get rid of marsh song and nora weave. Like I give a sht. Same with SP bonus. Replace FS and SP bonus once and for all with something else so all these elitist hoes will shutup.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Sarcasm man, I made a detailed comparison between fairy flight and sonic flight showing why voil are under costed and also compared many similar runes from different factions.

Lushiris likes this.
  8. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

So imperialist lost boost and Courier gained it, while it lost that crazy ability to don't get dmg while next to another Voil (good times with 2 Courier back to back)
    Summonspawn has been always a Voil thing :defend the roost + queen summon has been around forever(or at least I always played it)to feed the Atk of Sorcerer/Queen/Windstriker.Voil Crypt has been nerfed one year and half ago so maybe now there's no voil swarm as before, I've noticed that finally the summon bats has been adjusted(before they had also a ranged atk) .
    Also with all the champ with anti summon, summonspawn is a problem???:eek::eek:
    Sceian and Guard had always that huge amount of hp with bulwark.
    If players don't know how to counter a phalanx doesn't mean that the phalanx is OP.

SireofSuns likes this.
  9. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Lol it is VERY close to tough 2... as well as to attacks it applies after def, reduces auras, catalyst, trample, aoe attacks, every attack ability really. the only thing it doesn't reduce is dot and spell damage. SL bonus totally screws over decks that rely on indirect damage.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

uh huh

11. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

It takes 5 attacks for the SL bonus to provide the same benefit as the flat hp from the ST bonus.

Therefore the full SL bonus is more efficient on champs that take more than 5 attacks to kill, and less efficient on more fragile champs.

If the SL bonus was extended to protect from loss of life and spells, it would be better than the ST bonus.

12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Whenever you see his posts just take them as the integration of the materials that conform his username.

Then it all makes sense.

Promise.

Etherielin likes this.
  13. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Dreamcrusher could probably stand to have only one Jab. Having two has always seemed kinda op to me. Dreamcrusher has always felt like I was playing a champ and then getting a single target spell for free.

Besides absurd amounts of HP for slightly lower costs, is there anything else that can be reasonably argued to be broken/overpowered within the Voil theme? I've always felt like they were TOO balanced, to the point of being sucktastic or amazing depending on the state of the meta.

14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Shattering the peaks of OPness since forever.

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I have been playing SP a lot this expansion. I typically have around 40 nora at the end of my turns. When I would play FW it would be more like 20 nora at the end of turns. I have even changed my SP meta to include 2x limit and started to use nora storm. Just no firks given any more.

16. SireofSuns

What else do you put in your bg? I'm trying to figure out all of the specific stuff to abus- Complain about. ;)

17. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

If I'm not mistaken, the Devs are gonna change Jab from its current state to something much more like a sabotage ability- so it hits next deployed instead of nearest, and gives a vunerability. Dreamcrushers are really really strong right now, they'd be way more reasonable with the Jab change. SP is strong as a combination of a great FF bonus, no glaring weakness, and a few undercosted runes (Dreamcrusher, Mika, stormflyer).

EDIT: I say this as someone who plays SP in ranked, albeit not very well- so grain of salt as always.

SireofSuns likes this.
  18. SireofSuns

That should be good I think.

As to a glaring weakness, besides UD's lack of decent range and terrible staying power, what would you say are the glaring weaknesses of the other factions?
    I honestly have a hard time understanding what a faction's weakness is, other than UD's.

19. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

As a FS player - lack of tankiness, powerturn and also extremely expensive spells/utility (backfire, font eruption, monsoon, PHS, horn of order etc)

20. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

I disagree with the lack of tanks part, Moog, darkmarsh enforcer, fishkisser, several void shield champs are all great tanks. I've never had trouble finding a couple good tanks for any theme, except maybe mirefolk, swamp thing can be good but if he doesn't get a chance to life leech he'll just die immediatley.

I think FS biggest weakness is honestly just a really mediocre spell set. FS doesn't have any just in your face bullshit spells to make a hard push. I mean, they're useful, but they don't have the immediate impact that other factions have. Offensive spells are mostly just hindrances rather than straight Firk you's. FW has things like essence drain and mobilize for hard power turns, UD has boundless enthusiasm and mandate from sheoul, SL has draconic bendiction, SP has things like vp and whispers, ST has ****in gale force, etc. FS doesn't have anything like that.