Sp is out of control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thailady, Sep 6, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

So you have two non thematic 85+ Nora runes for tanks that are also expected to be your damage dealers as we'll. No doubt enforcer is strong by itself. Also everything below comes under lack of power turn and expensive spells.

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I feel like Power Turn isn't really necessary to have. That's the whole point behind a lot of sub-themes in various factions, FS just happens to do a lot of it.

3. GoldTiger

Not necessary but still a weakness as was the original question.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This was never true.

5. SireofSuns

Well, I guess what I mean is, Of COURSE FS would be better if it had better power-turns, it just wasn't built with them being needed or relied upon. I haven't really seen anything to make me think that FS truly needs better power-turns.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Really? Is it one of these PoxNora myths then?

7. GoldTiger

Of course UD would be better with ranged, it just wasn't built with them being needed or relied upon. I haven't really seen anything to make me think that UD truly needs better ranged units.

8. SireofSuns

"You're mocking me, aren't you?" -Buzz Lightyear

Yeah yeah, very funny. Somehow I took it in a totally different direction than it was originally going, sorry about that.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So essentially buff all counters, which is a roundabout way of asking for voil and sp nerfs.

I'm onto you.

SireofSuns likes this.
  10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Still waiting for somebody to identify what makes voil so good. Nobody has hit the nail on the head yet

SireofSuns likes this.
  11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I can't say I've paid that much attention to voil but my take on it is the shear amount of racial synergy abilities available:

Warcry
    Boost
    Bulwark
    Regal Presence
    Warlord
    Surge (on ranged champs)
    Plus some others I forget

Almost every champ you deploy, as well as being a great stand-alone champ is also adding to the synergy between them.

The other factor is that these same champs also bring summons which get a disproportionate benefit from the above racial synergy abilities. So a cluster Firk of synergy.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    SireofSuns likes this.
  12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

What he wanted you to say was:

"You're the reason, bby. Baller is king."

Etherielin, 19madfox95 and badgerale like this.
  13. SireofSuns

This IS your fault, ISN'T it?

14. SireofSuns

I'd say one of those balanced Voil is the Jester. On his own he's ok, but he needs to be around others to shine. Same with Guard. Then there's something like Firebomber, who isn't great at support, but is a decent beater.

On the other hand, there ARE a lot of Voil champs (now anyways) that are both good on their own and good support champs. All while having costs closer to runes that only serve a support or "stand-alone" job.
    Some price increases would be enough to balance it if people really feel they're imbalanced. The way they work is fine, the cost is just a bit too good for some it (I'm talking like, 2-4 Nora increments here, not huge, but across the board it would mean something).

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Voil guard is not balanced. Anything with bulwark is pretty broken Imo.

With a couple of exceptions ofc.

16. SireofSuns

I think the problem is not Bulwark itself, but more the amazing efficiency of the champs that have it (even in themes that don't get as many champs as the voil):
    Blackscale Centurion
    Draksar Lord
    Hyaenid Bulwark
    Lance Admiral Sceian
    Voil Guard
    Moga Aviator (ok, I'm joking with this guy. He's a Moga. Outside of a Moga/G'hern deck he's pretty bad, though 47 Nora for a big chunk of meat is pretty good, not sure its broken though)
    Lonx Recruiter
    Lonx Channeler
    Lonx Snowguard (holy firk the Lonx have THREE!?)
    Boneshredder (possibility for being the most broken, but on paper looks more balanced to me, though I don't play skeles)

Which, I think is probably what you meant. Their costs need to be increased or they need to lose some of their defensive abilities.

17. SireofSuns

Ya' know what? There should be a Dwarf with Bulwark Intoxicated. ISopplsnerf

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

nerf SP bonus

thanks

Netherzen, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Nah, pretty sure its bulwark. The buff to 3hp was huge, especially coupled with the increased ability to spam summons. Who knows though, I may be wrong.

20. SireofSuns

I don't think it was a buff. Without the defense increase, champs with less damage can hurt them more easily.
    If you look at all the champs with Bulwark, they're REALLY efficient. Too much imo.