SP Split-Runes are really bad?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by RedScarlet, Mar 18, 2014.

1. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Is it just me, or our split champs are bad?
    (OKAY...aside of Barbarian Bolt, love that guy and love him even more once Wind Aura works properly)

(SP/IS) Metallic Slag - ?? Nobody uses this guy, such a waste of design space

(SP/UD) Cavernspawn - who would want a RNG1-1 Physical flying grunt for 85 Nora? Aint me

now if we see the Ally: Shattered Peaks runes:
    (OKAY.... Risen Moga and Corrupted Cultist is actually quite meta-worthy. Altho Cultist is very niche)

Mounted Sauropod - Nobody uses this guy... Poor big guy

Sand Elemental - Same here...

Screaming Imp - Our Ally: SP rune is a UD rune's PET?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?
    (B..b...but, its a real champ rune! you can level it up!)
    (*levels it up*, then proceeds against UD player who got first turn Hekatian Bloodguard)
    (71Nora vs 83 Nora) = So HBguard is about [(83-71)+15Nora for 2 Imp levels] = 27Nora -____-

Let's see how FW fares:
    FW/ST: Hoarfrost (Lich, Dragon), Contained Thrall, Risen Yeti

FW/IS: Paladins, Humans (Fallen Hero, Obsidian Venger)

FW/KF: Experimental Warspirit, Ghost Stalker, Mute Stalker, Deadwood Strider

FW/FS: DM Zealot, Boghopper Zombie, Timmy, Not much here aside of 3 Zombo runes

FW/UD: Archfiend, Blood Tracker, Elder Bloodbinder, Demonvein Vampyre & Sheoul Magus from UD

FW/SL: Polluted Martyr, Fallen Draksar, Skeezick Boneblade

SERIOUEZLY? What gives?
    Does everyone really hate SP that much that they isolate moi lil moagz?

Anyways, if any of u SP peeps wanna speak up, you can help out the community by giving your ideas on which runes should be splits, or if any of OUR runes should have Ally: XX.

or just plainly discuss why we're isolated from other factions. (Aside of IS Lightning)

2. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Metallic Slag is widely used both in Slags and Constructs BGs. Wandering and Fascinate do wonders to proc Ooze Tap and put champs into range of your melees in constructs.
    I agree on other runes of your list. I think one of the main problems of SP it's that when you split with them, you don't receive GREAT spells/equips compared to other factions.
    For example, if I split with IS, i gain acccess to Blink, Hammer Strike, Righteous Deflection, Tales of valor, Tactical manual, Granite Bracers. lots of interactions there.

3. RedScarlet

Really? Wow, I guess I haven't seen much then. Never seen Metallic Slag around for months. And if I did, he is never a problem >_<

4. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I was trying to play around with sand elemental in a SP/SL BG featuring Djinn and Serf with spirit channeling.

He would get domain + ally SP + zerker 2 + unstoppable + 1 range.

5. RedScarlet

I only play Sand Ele in a trapper SP/SL Bg... works pretty well I've to say. I play him with Master Trapsmith and Dune Walker/Sonic Elemental/Skywing Beacon for instant trap death.

success ratio is about
    50-60% in Low LE - High EXO (out of 20 games)
    65-75% in Low EXO - High EXO (out of 10 games)
    kidna weird but ppl underestimate him a lot, forgetting he has Mobility: Sand, Deflect: Sand, and Elemental Fortitude.

But 100% of the time,I'd rather deploy a Mud Elemental (not buffed yet, still subpar, but still way better than Sand Ele)