SP Tips Thread

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This is a thread to post any tips you have with sp. I will start it off.

Aggressively contest fonts with ur voil, as they can ignore terrain restrictions.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    AKHolic likes this.
  2. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Equip harpoon on your less useful moga to reel the enemy in for the kill! Or engage the enemy with a moga and equip it with slavers whip and cliff dive it if available!

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Obligatory Garin + Zealotry/Havoc's Touch/Tempest Crown mention.
    (well, they're all SP runes, though Garin needs to be in a split.)

Vorian likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Lighting Rod + Lighting Storm, Especially effective over water. (Cyclonic Fesh, specifically the ability Electric Overload makes this more efficient to pull off.)

Ball and Chain can be used to kill any flying unit over a Chasm. Avalanche works as well.

Cyclops Stonecaller (Create Chasm) + Slavers Whip. Create the chasm then walk your opponent into it. Also works with Knockback champs.

Unstable Ground + Voil. Your champs will be unaffected by it unless grounded.

Crack the Earth + Cyclops Eye Belt. Use CoE to raise a AoE 2 wall, then use Cyclops Eye Belt to Knock enemies into it. If used correctly. You can kill off 1 champ at least, and block access for the others.

Relocation effect (Pull, Knockback, Relocate Foe ect) + Rock Trap. If positioned correctly you can potentially kill the enemy champ. If not instant kill them from a chasm.

Overcharge Golem (Paralytic Strike) + Stormrack/Thunderhead Totem Very easy to pull off. Kinda costly, but if you pick your targets it might win you a game. A lot of damage potential.

Peaks Dew (Sustain: Unstoppable) + Serf to Djinn If it wasn't obvious, Unstoppable prevents loss of AP meaning that Serf to Djinn has no downsides other than having to keep positioning in mind.

Vertical Push: This rune removes the enemy champ from play for a certain period of time. This means any equips that were on the champ that got removed from play goes back on cooldown.

Bad Blood: Against theme bg's this is an effective way to destroy illusions, detect stealth, and do massive amounts of damage overall.

Disarray: A big part of playing Poxnora correctly is learning how to position. If you can cast this at the beginning of your turn. Chances are it will ruin the enemies positioning netting you a kill or 2, and ruin any plans they had for their next turn. This is even more effective in a Voil bg if you are running Unstable Ground. As it will cause them to move on the terrain.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

Sp's advantage is in summons. Be sure to have a somewhat steady flow of reinforcements. If killing a champ means you wont have the nora to summon for a while, it might be worthwhile to just summon and then retreat your engaged guys until you can swap them out if needed

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Moga are expendable, just throw them at the enemies until there's no more enemies, then thrown out some more of them because they're already off cooldown.

7. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Consider running an Intimidation. Having two more creatures than an opponent isn't uncommon, especially if you're running any summons, and a global -4 DMG -1 DEF for 6 turns tends to be good.

Remember that the ultimate goal of the game is to destroy the enemy shrine. Ritual of Binding can prevent transfiguration, and preventing the opponent from saving a low HP shrine.

Moga Decoy is the lowest cost rune in the game, at 15 Nora. The decoys are able to drop relics, body block enemies, and synergize well with Surge: Moga and Spell Charged units. Running a Voil Sorcerer allows them to be cast for only 10 Nora.

AKHolic and SPiEkY like this.
  8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

So most of these suggestions are trash

RedScarlet, Nebron and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This is a good example of a post achieving nothing constructive. Offer some tips yourself instead.

Unless you're afraid to put yourself in a position where someone else can say that about your suggestions.

EDIT: Or hey, how about picking the suggestions apart and explaining why they are bad/not worth it. That sounds useful too.

Paper Skull and AKHolic like this.
  10. Vorian

Can we have some tips from the SP master?

11. Ballballer

I will, but ive got a test tomorrow and dont have the time right now to analyze and respond to all the tips

12. Ballballer

I will, i just dont have the time right now

13. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

My thoughts on various combinations that can be used:

Voil King's Crypt (and to a lesser degree Instigator) + Sceian: Usually this can result in an on-demand swarm.
    Avalanche or Hyaenid Spearman (w/ ground, although he's pretty overcosted imo w/o loyalty and with deadeater, dogpile and cackle adding 15 nora) + Voil Skythrash: Ensures you'll get the +50% bonus damage from groundstriker (haven't personally tested this yet-overwriting flying w/ another ability spell seems like it might be buggy).
    G'Hern Thrower/Voil Transporter/Shallaxy w/ Swap + Moga Sappers + Moga Cannon: Sappers can be used to extend the range of artillery to 4, and can result in an additional 38 damage in aoe 2. Peaks Ifrit can be added as well.
    Moga Recruiter + Alacrity + Sceian + Vicious Harpoon: This adds 12 spaces to your threat range against a single champ.
    Moga Trapper + Vicious Harpoon or Slam/Eye Belt : If you stack 4 traps in a single space, that's 36 or so damage. Plus, you get a moga that has a 1:1 nora:hp ratio.
    Voil Windstriker w/Power Attack 3 + Sceian/Transporter w/ Lift
    In a deck w/ lots of equips/relics, Calcified Lurker w/ Recycle & Reclaim can be very efficient. If he uses a single recycle on Slaver's Whip/Vicious Harpoon/Diamond Mace/Solstice Staff, you're getting a 55 hp, 2 def, calcify champ for 30-40 nora.

14. Raikan

I feel like any lightning rod based combinations are far too expensive/difficult to pull off now. They rely on an opponent lumping his champions together more than before (i.e. illusion of lies was removed from slag overmind); they are more expensive because we no longer have a ranged overload unit that allows us to access a damage transfer equip for free (i.e. cyclonic fesh is melee); and they are doubly more expensive because we have to rely on a nora costing ability to generate the damage (i.e. thunderhead totem or lightning storm) because our lightning storm champions are less viable: b. bolt has 18 nora of semi-useless/detrimental abilities (storm chief, wind aura, imm. elec.) and storm caller's damage was nerfed into the ground.

15. Ballballer

It is pretty much an instakill for 2 slots and 70 nora. If superchamps start dominating the meta im definitely running that combo

16. Raikan

I agree. I haven't seen too many superchamps lately, but the game can always change. Also, the ones that I have seen typically depend on build-up and an equip, so vertical push works better while rod is difficult to equip w/o diamond mace. Often, whispers appears to be a better option for stalling the huge nora investment for long enough to win the other font, but point well-taken.

17. Vorian

Yeh same.

18. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

@Ballballer I am ready for my educumation, sir.

AKHolic likes this.