Spell Patience

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Why is this spell 3 turns... It would be better at 2 turns for less nora

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I assume it was designed that way to make sure it wasn't good like nora freeze.

Nora freeze would also be good on a 2 turn cd.

Patience at the time was redesigned to be similar to that fs stun spell but since it's not cleanseable and has utility uses I assume they increased the cd to make it hard to take advantage of on either offense or defense

All said and done I'd take it as a defense only spell if it meant reducing the cd by 1

Anyway I suspect Sokolov has a number of other things at the moment of far higher priority but I'm always up for a shoebox buff

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Braxzee

Nora freeze is a exotic spell that is just wasting a ST exotic rune spot. To me an exotic spell should be scary. Nora Freeze for the next 4 turns nora generated other than fonts and shrine causes frost damage instead.

4. calisk

That's similar to a suggestion I made awhile back.

Can't remember it exactly but it was like prevent the nora gain when an opponent picks up a nora globe and cause them to lose all ap for 6 turns something like that

The suggestion was made around the time fw got the skeleton version of that effect

5. Braxzee

I would prefer dmg it will take down their relics and shrine similar to back lash but they take frost damage instead. While we are on spells why is millennial Quake all physical dmg? It used to be frost and physical. It is 100 nora and it damages your own champs.

6. calisk

it's never been frost/physical to my knowledge.

corpse was crazy but not crazy enough to give us a global 20 ampable damage, especially since it's relatively easy to run ice eaters....

anyway not every spell needs to do damage, having spells that fill other roles are more useful to the faction then patience trying to compete against swap and gale for spot removal slots.

Braxzee and Tweek516 like this.
  7. Braxzee

It was 10 physical and 10 frost before but maybe it was not (Buff it to 10 physical and 10 frost :) it is hard to replace Gale and Swap. I have used lock down before it was nerfed. I am afraid Gale and Swap will get nerfed again due to its such a high use spell with no other spells to fill their roles at all. I was hoping to get some of the older spells laterally changed or buffed a bit.

8. calisk

gale and swap are currently the attack spells in st, every faction has some, and until a review of all power spells occurs I don't think their is a need to worry about them being changed.

regardless it's not a matter of whether mil quake is as good as gale or swap, it's the role the rune plays and it's currently a terrible rune, even if it was good who would ever want to play in a meta with a global nuke like mil quake around?

it's a terrible thing to imagine, I have fun breaking it out for a laugh once in awhile but I never want to see mil quake as it is now a meta viable rune.