Spellsurge for lichs?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by OriginalG1, Jan 6, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-1-6_14-10-9.png upload_2017-1-6_14-10-42.png
    Spellsurge for Lichs.
    Forsaken ones, what dose this mean to you, and how would you like to see this play out?

Attached Files:

aseryen likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

3. OriginalG1

4. OriginalG1

what lichs would do what? would spell surge be upgrade options only? (I feel like spell surge would sandbag some lichs in someways.) With the battle leader ability seemingly out shining Vengeful now it would be cool to see some lich gain adaptive in conjunction with this spell surge idea. Tempo showing up on lich would be in interesting response.

I know there is a debate if ff lich should be a theme or if lich should just be key runes in other theme battle groups. I am thinking why not both?

5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see a relic similar to the resistance, I stated that in the 'How to Produce DMZ' thread but also found it relevant to say again.

Spellsurge Necro Hex would be great, although of course that's wishful thinking for Spare Parts.

I wouldn't know what spells to suggest to help mostly if not only Liches. I would have some kind of bias for Spare Parts or Clone Matter.

@OriginalG1 your avatar makes me want to play Eye of Serkan again.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Cull the weak seems to be an obvious choice for spellsurge for lich

DiCEM0nEY, aseryen and OriginalG1 like this.
  7. aseryen

I would think that Cull the Weak would be a really good spell to support a Ravish Phylactery bg. Capitalize on some of your low HP units so that you get a Phylactery Relic; so that you can Ravish a Phylactery Bound unit. I really like Lich and am excited for new stuff/change.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I would love for liches to get spellsurge.

aseryen likes this.
  9. OriginalG1

to clarify:

(X) = a spells name

Spellsurge: (X)
    When this champion is deployed all (X) spells are revealed. (X) spells cost 10 lest nora [this effect dose not stack] and this champion is healed 8 hp when (X) spell is played.

how much nora dose the Spellsurge: (X) ability add to the cost of lich?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    aseryen likes this.
  10. OriginalG1

I still am not convinced that spell surge would be a good idea. I feel like it will sand bag champs if not an optional upgrade, or spell surge will interact with abstract spell as meta spells interaction might be seen as abusive. The biggest problem I see that that spells, relics, and equipment do not get our lowered cool down from the faction bonus.

Regardless of if I like the idea or not, I am willing to talk about it. I have come up with a structure that could further help explore the idea of spell surge lichs.

What are two existing lichs would you like to see gain a spell surge ability?

What are two meta spells you would love to have auto revealed and 10 nora off when the spellsurge champ is deployed?

What are two non-meta spells or theme specific spell you would like to see incorporated?

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The idea of liches with Spellsurge is not meant to apply to any current liches -- this has already been discussed internally, and I didn't find any Liches that were good candidates for changes. Besides, I am personally opposed to changing runes that are already out.

aseryen likes this.
  12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Spellsurge: Mobilization

Spellsurge: Essence Drain

Spellsurge: Doom

:D

13. aseryen

I would think Spellsurge is placed on newer runes, not sure if there are player made Lich's but I was expecting a couple more the next expansion. That being said, Eternal Lich could certainly receive a Spellsurge ability on his U1 and that would not effect it's Nora cost.

Anthropomancer - only has 1 Upgrade on each line; no change to nora cost, just more choice
    Bone Circle Archmage - only two upgrades on U2
    Cleric of Unrest - Council Spells could be replaced with perhaps 2-3 nora increased overall (unsure of Spellsurge: X nora cost) assuming 8-9, 12?)
    Draco-Lich - U1 could get broken up and have Spellsurge replace a rank of Disease Breath; I'm a fan of doing this with most champions. opposed to all ranks on an upgrade line.
    Eternal Lich - No change to Nora cost, just more choices.
    High Warlock - Could receive a Spellsurge but imo would be more deserving on another rune, also one that doesn't have such a theme enabling ability already.
    Lich King - Candidate for a Spellsurge on both upgrade lines?

These would be what I expect to get a look for Spellsurge: Lich, some would certainly have a higher nora cost, but only if played with those upgrades. Perhaps more can be added than just spellsurge for some Lich. I think there's something in store with the next Expansion for Lich, we can certainly rule out FW getting another Lich Legendary.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. OriginalG1

The idea of a lich that dose have any upgrade options getting a spellsurge option sound ideal.

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'd imagine spellsurge: X would be in an upgrade slot and mostly on spells that are borderline playable.

For example:
    Arthropomancer - Spellsurge: Corpse Collection (would be in both upgrade paths)
    High Warlock - Spellsurge: Repurpose (would be in the upgrade path next to ravish/consume)

OriginalG1 and Tweek516 like this.
  16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Exactly. Spellsurge isn't made for runes that are already ran, like cull the weak.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The idea wasn't made for any liches that already exist -- there are few good candidates.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  18. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

We know, but..

OriginalG1 likes this.
  19. aseryen

Warlock has already been nerfed and certainly Repurpose if eventually spammed more (which Spellsurge certainly accomplishes) then I'd expect another nerf which these runes don't need. Still believe I had a helping hand in nerfing Ravish on High Warlock and getting Strength of Body removed from Bouncer, that abuse with % based abilities is insane and why the overall game has moved away from it.

Necro Hex is much more likely a spell, although Worms are pretty powerful on their own and most likely wouldn't be hindered if there was a Lich with Spellsurge: Necro Hex; SS Necrohex on a Lich w/ Worm Lords in a bg would get pretty abusive very quickly.

Ancient's Protection
    Black Ops - get a new ability that creates sustains a phylactery relic if your opponent has less than X nora?
    Blight the Holy - could get reworked into a lich rune and have Protectorate condition replaced with target non-undead champion.
    Corpse Collection - I don't run it so I'm unsure of it's potential
    Decay - would rally be fun to have some of these bgs around
    Delay - would be really abusive, have the delayed champions nora cost limited to 75?
    Depths of Despair - and lets get a magic eater Lich, I've used this on Grintmaw Shaman before.
    Desecration - would mean FW would have less Seism on units later down the line; or at least no seism for Lich
    Drain the Earth - placed on a unit with DMZ synergy and it could be good
    Ghostly Visage - not sure how thematic it is for Lich; same can be said for a lot of spells I guess.
    Glimpse into Utterdark - Pretty sure this aleady gets run a bit
    Grim Harvest - makes sense to put these kind of spells on SS; ones that need to be played often or at opportune moments that are inherently less likely to happen.
    Necro Hex - I can dream
    Reflesh - to help degen champions in a SS: Decay bg; Combo: Decay - Reflesh - Grim Harvest - (Depths of Despair to clean up)
    Serkaan's Touch - would be nice with all that CC
    Spell Trap - seems like a good SS candidate
    Weaken - another good CC rune
    Whispers of the Veil - potentially create some more Lich/Spirit synergy

These are the Spells I'd expect to receive SS, and actually I think it'd be cool to have U1 or both U1&U2 Spellsurge abilities on a Lich or two. This way Lich can get spread to other factions without a Phylactery module necessarily on their kit. Having SS on both lines also creates so nice expected combos, that could potentially help create a better Spell counter game within Pox. I play IS so I'm fairly immune to most Spells although in some bgs I know I need to place more spell counters in which SS could help with in a weird round about way. Force the hand so to speak.

OriginalG1 likes this.