Spirit Peacock (KF Champ)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Desert Herder - "When a friendly Sundered Lands champion with race Beast is deployed, you are refunded 15% of its cost. This does not stack."

Eh, Reveal Race should be nerfed in the same way that Anthomancy (on the Fae Oracle) was.

Seal of the Vashal is a major issue. I can see that. Nora Shield is inherently unhealthy though, and should be changed to return 50% of the damage taken as Nora. Then it probably wouldn't be such a problem (still not a mix of themes i would like to see though).

My point is that nothing should be sacred here (the game has failed in so many ways), everything should be up for discussion. Moving immediately to mockery when you hear an opinion you don't like, that's not discussion.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Not to be a stickler, but Garu Primitive is already Race: Beast, Garu. He can reveal all beasts and Garu in a deck. I believe he is the only Garu that is also a beast. Unless a lot was changed, he should be the only one that is a beast.

4. TheNidhogg

You are correct. I know this is a bad idea, so I was casting around for concrete reasons to back it up. It just seems so obvious to me that we can't make garu beasts..

5. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Love this. Absolutely love it. Ever since Ghost Lion was released, I've been thinking "beast spirits in split KF/SP" should be a thing, since both forest tribes and desert tribes worship animal spirits extensively -- and it's just an awesome concept in a fantasy strategy game.

As for this rune: it is what such a creature should be: capricious and erratic. I agree that it needs some form of Incorporeal, if even something as simple as Ethereal. Swap Veiled Flight out for Ethereal and I think you're good, honestly; otherwise, I like the current build.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

yeah, it's obvious that you cannot simply throw race beast on anything you see fit. As is obvious that you shouldn't try to be constructive with prami untill he changes his behaviour at least.

7. Prami

Okay, so it's not viable (or thematic for that matter). It was worth a thought though, something that some people here don't seem to appreciate.

8. TheNidhogg

It's ok :) I just wanted to give you a real response.

9. Prami

It's not so much a problem with balance. The Doombringers shouldn't be beasts & the Vashals would be fine-ish were Nora Shield brought to a reasonable level (50% return from 100%), and i have to assume that the Garu will get access to Boost eventually. The Garu primitive already established a theme though, and giving race Beast to all of the other Garu would violate/trivialize it, and since giving Garu race Beast would be a whimsical & thematic change, it wouldn't make much sense.

10. TheNidhogg

I think Renovators are a good example of what happens when you give already good champs race beast.

11. Prami

Then what else should they be? Raceless? Is that a thing?

The Renovators could be Angelic i guess, that would be pretty funny, or they could have a race unique to them.

12. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Make them Race: Bird. Although obsolete, the race is still in the Rune Manager, for some reason.

13. Prami

Just make a new one. Race: Owl