Spring 2018 anime lookin' pretty good

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Apr 12, 2018.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

New seasons for a few favorites from last year, old classics getting much needed love, and even a handful of original shows that look interesting.

Here's the full list for anyone interested: https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Steins;Gate 0, Persona 5, Golden Kamuy, and Piano no Mori are the standouts for me. There's also Boku no Hero Acadamia season 3 for all you Shounen lovers, Tokyo Ghoul:Re after god-knows-how-long, and everyone's favorite ecchi Highschool DxD season 4.

What do the weebs of Poxnora think of this new selection?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Desert Owl Games

I know it isn’t meant to be a series but I want more A Place Further Than The Universe.

3. PoxBot

PoxBot Well-Known Member

Surprised by this. Don't care much about the Boku adaptation since the manga is so far ahead and it's fairly new so it's still fresh in my mind. I'll probably watch Full Metal Panic since that one's old enough that I should have forgotten parts by now. I REALLY hope Captain Tsubasa is adapted well and doesn't pull a Sailor Moon Crystal or Dragon Ball Super. I'll possibly watch Hakyyu Houshin Engi and Cardcaptor out of nostalgia but none of the new titles seem that interesting on paper. What are you nerds watching?

4. PoxBot

PoxBot Well-Known Member

Just play the game, lad. I didn't like the P4 anime as much as the game so if that is anything to go by, I'd just recommend doing that or skipping if you've already done it.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Desert Owl Games

What about Uma Musume Pretty Derby? Hmm? :) :) :)

6. PoxBot

PoxBot Well-Known Member

-Let's make a horse-racing anime.
    -That will never sell.
    [​IMG]
    -Ok, so we replace the horses with cute high school girls.
    -...go on.

SireofSuns likes this.
  7. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel Active Member

Cant wait for season 4 of full metal panic.

8. JazzMan1221

I think I get it: it's this season's Keijo!!!!!

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I knew, when I saw the subject of this thread, and my knowledge of what some peeps on youtube were recomending, that this was going to be your pick

10. PoxBot

PoxBot Well-Known Member

Except Keijo was a masterpiece, ya damn coot.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

i've watched the first 2 episodes of SAO alternative GGO
    just wondering where it goes.

12. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Caligula looks to be promising, judging by the reviews.
    Has anyone watched the new Stein Gate? I really enjoyed the original.

13. JazzMan1221

The original was a masterpiece IMO, and I have high hopes for the new season. The second episode comes out today, and I watched the first last week. To my shame, I could barely contain myself as the familiar characters I loved so much flashed back on the screen. It's too early to make judgments on quality yet (though since Whitefox is heading the project again, I'm not worried) but you better believe I'll be watching every single episode as they air.

14. PoxBot

PoxBot Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you turn your brain off.

15. JazzMan1221

Thems fightin words.
    [​IMG]

Vash Dragneel likes this.
  16. PoxBot

PoxBot Well-Known Member

Deal w/ it, nerd.

17. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Highly recommend Hinamatsuri.
    And knowing the manga, I know it's just going to get better and better.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

....follow your dreams and run little horse girl... you'll be the best horse girl in all of japan..

so when will there be a YTP of the scene where the one says "I broke my leg" followed imediatly by the scene from Hot Fuzz where they are loading the shotgun saying "shame"

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

20. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel Active Member

How long does it take for anime to be dubbed? Ive seen the first 3 seasons of Full Metal Panic dubbed and dont know if I could watch season 4 subbed.