ST Primary Runes

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by nanogasm, Mar 17, 2017.

1. nanogasm

nanogasm New Member

New player just diving in.

I picked up the ST Avatar, permafrost theme deck, an extended box, and a few planar packs. I don't have a lot of options, but I've pieced together a starting deck and have some runes to trade.

I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find a current list of the staple runes ST should have. I know this will vary depending on deck strategy, but for someone new who doesn't have a lot of cards and can't really build something around much strategy yet - what ST runes would you recommend as general must-haves to include in a deck?

Also, I've got some nora shards and can forge a legendary/exotic or two. Are there any runes that fit the must-have category, or should I save the shards for later once I refine a more specific strategy?

Many thanks.

MaruXV likes this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well for champs it's based on what deck you intend to make, but for support runes you should have the following runes available whether or not they make your specific deck it's a good starting point.

gale force x2,
    cleansing storm x1
    frigid barrier x2
    swap x2
    call of the tundra x2

3. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

General good runes:
    Frigid Barrier is an amazing spell
    Halberd of J'thir gives mobility and counters block/dodge/reflexes/etc with precision - extremely useful and only 20 nora.
    Chilling Scale, crystal rimeweaver and either lonx adept or jakei shaman are great champs for your frost deck.
    Arctic wail is good with frost amp.
    Sapphire Catalyst is a good relic

For legendary/exotic:
    K'ento, First Disciple
    Frostfall Vanguard
    Ferren Snowspinner
    Jakei Extinguisher

are all great in frost.

4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I don't think you need 2 swaps starting out. I don't think i've ever put 2 in a deck, let alone used 2 in a game. Better to spend shards on good champions first.

Eadbusta likes this.
  5. Lithuvien

Lithuvien The King of Potatoes

Why do you use Call of the Tundra in a deck without Yeti?

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

he can be unleashed by everybody not only yetis and has nice surprise damage plus bodyblock

Etherielin likes this.
  7. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Chilling Scale should be a priority for a frontline beater for ST.

Anima26 and TheBulwark like this.