St rune community rune

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Feb 12, 2017.

1. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

How about something like this for flavour:

Nameless Strig

"A strig stripped of their name loses their pride, honor, and reason. They live out the rest of their short lives as savage beasts."

Art could show a bedraggled strig with mud-covered feathers.

Adding short-lived 2 to base keeps the champion cost low while keeping the expensive combination of abilities he has already.

Kind of like how polluted martyr has short-lived to compensate for its high-cost abilities.

2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

well you could use breath of lusara but that is only good on snow

3. NevrGonaGivUup

he could confuse an ally or himself to go into stealth

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Didn't know that worked on allies

Was thinking it was the upside to FC since that cost more but didn't need a target

5. Braxzee

We should do this for the ST relic in the player expansion Ice Watcher, I do not like the relic ice watcher the way it is right now

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  6. calisk

all right so his damage will be set at 8 since braxzee was the only person to vote on damage.

7. calisk

since this was a popular discussion the next vote will be on whether or not he should have a negative ability to balance his cost and what that should be.

obviously any negative ability is open for vote but the popular ones seemed to be vuln - physical, fire, magic, etc though short-lived was mentioned.

so two things to this vote whether or not he should have a neg ability, and if so what should that be

8. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

My vote is it should have a negative ability. Assuming race: strig is a flavour thing and he's actually race: beast like his brethren, Autophobia could be really cool.

Another thing to consider is that since it has quite a few base abilities and we need a second upgrade path, maybe it could be a path of 3 negative abilities like Skeezick Cannoneer and the like have.

Tweek516 likes this.
  9. calisk

ya he's a beast, just strig so people know what it is for now, also i'm fine with that as well part of this vote should be whether or not the neg abilities should be base or upgrade

10. Braxzee

vote negative ability on base - Vuln physical sounds better now thinking on it, he can even counter a detect unit possibly (If that is correct), I see him moving in for the kill only and harassing fonts.

11. NevrGonaGivUup

Wanted to test out this rune builder. http://www.poxpoints.com/

http://www.poxpoints.com/PHP/maderu...ages/ability_icons/small/icon_unstoppable.gif

12. calisk

that looks pretty good to be honest.

short lived is tricky at 65 nora since it most likely would get one power turn then die without something like init

13. Dolcebrodude

Good Retreat target?

14. calisk

nothing is a good retreat target lol

but in this case anything short of 70 nora you are just giving away nora. anything more then 70 nora you probably wasted your rune slot for that 4ish nora gain, while giving up board position.

imagine that if in chess you could give up your turn to take one of your own pieces off the board for your opponent.....that's they type of play retreat is

15. Dolcebrodude

Giving away nora to deploy an about-to-die shortlived assassin next turn might not be the worst in some situations. Idk just speculating.

16. Braxzee

Short lived works in a FW bg, and do not want this guy split into an fw BG, ST really does not have the resources to make short lived useful

17. calisk

well if you were about to lose the first one, you could deploy the second one without losing any nora. so doing nothing has a better return then using retreat.

if you are about to lose the second one, it could be of use since you could deploy it a third time but the question is.....is it worth it? I mean this is a very specific scenario you included this retreat spell for....it costs you nora and gains you almost nothing. this scenario will likely not come up often and you instead of retreat you could of included something like a coord tower or ice spike so his assassinate is that much more effective and gets you a kill, hell even a retrieve would probably net you a bit more since you can get some utility out of it every game and denies the globe from your opponent while giving it to you....

anyway just my opinion on retreat. it's possible it could work but I think I'd rather split ud and sac it after the monster kill he'd do when combined with their racial

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  18. Dolcebrodude

How is Short-Lived useful aside from reducing costs? I'm sure ST appreciates having cheaper deploys like every other faction. Skywing Rumbler is still a pretty good unit outside FW for example. But I digress.

19. NevrGonaGivUup

The main benefit of having short-lived is that it makes the pounce + assassinate combo less of a risk. An assassin that gets flung to the front lines isn't going to last long, even if it's stealthed. If it's short-lived then it's going to die anyway.

20. calisk

my only worry their is his damage is low enough that without investment he'll have trouble getting a kill off a pounce+assasinate combo.

without buffes you have about 24 damage assasinate+ an 11 damage pounce for 35 damage. with shortlived and no init that's about all he will get in during his life span.

now in ud this damage goes up a ton so I honestly see him as a really good split ud rune, combine it with sac and you make a pretty good profit on the whole exchange

Braxzee likes this.