St rune community rune

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Feb 12, 2017.

1. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Encouraged from Coordination tower is pretty great. Could also use icefisher's hamlet, yeti painter, guarded: beast, drive, commander, battlemaster, banner, arctic, etc with minimum investment on the champion itself. With just +4 damage stat from any of these sources his combo goes from 34 to 50 damage. With enough of a boost he can insta-gib almost any champ in the game.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like it needs to have short-lived. Otherwise the pounce + assassinate can be followed up with calming tailwinds for a free shadow shift to safety. He could end up doing the combo multiple times.

2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Rumbler puts out 15 - 38 dmg per round with out any buffs and it has the support of beacon to deploy near the action. This guy will not have that support for short lived. In FW lower cds and nora regen and death effects, in SL deploying near the action

3. Braxzee

In order to get all of those buffs going it is going to take time and you need a very good or near perfect draw. You also loose the potential in font harassment. He could stay invisible the whole game, he has every anti - detect ability minus one of them.

4. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

If the thing's about to die you can Swap it or Gale into it and still reap value.
    Autophobia would make an interesting dynamic where you either spam spells and keep him lurking and slow or you deploy beasts to go to work.
    Vulnerabilities are pretty boring in my opinion and there are other interesting negatives in the game like Impatient (regardless if it works with Assassinate), Mercenary, Scavenger, etc.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

That's why I mentioned without buffes.

Their are many ways to invest more and more nora into a champ and get better rewards so many in fact that with the right nora and Spell set any champ can likely kill and champ in the game.

But it's hard to gauge when the nora invest mentioned is worth it.

Let's assume you drop a tower and hit him up with an ice spike and get your kill.

That's 110ish nora invested in that kill and no champ to show for it.

If you go drive and commander that's just the base unit cost invested and is honestly not bad in that case even if nothing is said about getting that setup

6. NevrGonaGivUup

My point was that you can boost him to extremely dangerous levels without direct investment.

Base combo damage: 34
    + ice/snow: 38
    + banner: 42
    + icefisher's hamlet: 50
    Combo damage = bonus damage x 4 + 34

But what's important to consider is that you generally don't want to deploy short-lived champs early. They come after you establish 3-4 champs. At this point you could have multiple champs that can buff it even further.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I don't like Short-Lived. It doesn't fit ST at all...

I would go with Vuln: Magical on base (since Physical isn't flavourful enough).

8. calisk

Well up to this point nobody has actually voted for short lived

9. calisk

The vote is currently 1 autophobia and 1 vuln magic, and one vuln phys

10. Braxzee

That would be fun an impatient assassin.....I just can not wait...
    I change vote to impatient

11. calisk

lol.....k

12. NevrGonaGivUup

My vote is on short lived, but my second choice would be autophobia.

13. Braxzee

heh...Kind of the trap that I run into when I play....I get impatient and make mistakes...this champ would suffer form my curse..:p

14. calisk

seems like autophobia is the winner of the neg, and the vote was to put it on base

15. calisk

Hidden: Arctic, , Mind Lock, Recharge, Lift, relocate enemy, unstoppable, boon of the wind, Psychic Aura 3, Stall, Freeze, feint, quest runner, detonate relic, bravery, pawn

the ability pool available for this vote is listed above, this will be the final upgrade vote

16. Braxzee

Feint (Easy no ap trigger for stealth and more damage for assassinate)
    Mind Lock
    relocate Enemy

17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Man 8 damage is really low for assassinate. Shame I missed the vote.

I don't like feint. Abilities like that just make trickster a better stealth, gets rid of the flavour.

Quest
    Boon
    Pawn

18. calisk

8 damage is low but in flying you can boost with boon, and their are other ways without significant nora investments.

it's dps without damage boosting is not high enough to get a straight kill but imo that's part of the balancing factor

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  19. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Voting:
    Boon of the Wind
    Quest Runner
    Detonate Relic

Tweek516 likes this.
  20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!