ST...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

...it's just getting boring to see the majority of games having ST represented.

Probably because the font bonus is just too good!

2. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

That and the fact that the base HP of certain units aren't properly negotiated with the consideration of certain themes adding to the faction bonus which makes them insanely efficient, with that being said ST is the easiest faction to win with so I'm not surprised.

3. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

hmmm I thought sp to be over represented personally.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Fw is the most op, and easiest to win with.

Kendoshi likes this.
  5. Redderrick

If that's what you choose to believe, where is your evidence for this claim or is this just your opinion?

6. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

I'm really not sure if you guys are trolling or serious. There are way better font bonuses, namely IS is by far the best. If you loose the game because you lost AP when caping enemy fonts, you probably would have lost the game even without it.

Considering ST +10hp bonus... At the moment every faction has 50+hp on their champions. Even elves and FW have over 50 now a days on almost every single champion. Clearly you should focus on learning to position better vs galeforce or learn to 1 round before complaining. SL has a far better passive in terms of survivability. Their passive even reduces champion abilities.

I agree on FW being the strongest race. They have access to spells and relics not one other factions has that come remotely close to being as efficient. UT, Essencedrain carry FW for years now.

ST OP Broken? Don't make me laugh! Just increase cost of K'hento, she is the only rune I see being too efficient.

mortal ix, nepyonisdead and super71 like this.
  7. super71

Agree with everything here pretty much and couldn't have said it better myself. The st bonus is strong, but I see fairies nowadays with 60+hp so +10 hp is strong but definitely not what it used to be. Ironfist bonus is easily the best, but i'd say st is second for sure, the number of times i've seen a person try and contest and be one space out is priceless when they remember the new iron fist bonus. I also think the ud font bonus is quite strong, 2 damage on entry, breaks stealth, and 2 damage at the end of the turn, that's 4 damage for doing nothing in a faction with extremely high damage.

Granted I think most every other font bonus in the game is pretty garbage besides ironfist, st,ud, and fw.

Kendoshi likes this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I hate ST

Alakhami likes this.
  9. Kendoshi

Good, I hate FS.

10. Redderrick

I think you forgot about arctic tigers, extinguisher, beast tamer, lonx striker, chilling scale, yeti spirit, baby furball, strig warlock, shardseer K'aeyun, aspect of infinity, elemental core, ice fang, frostwing glave, you get the point...

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Every UD player ever.

mortal ix, Vorian and Hierokliff like this.
  12. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Fixed it for you. ;)

Vorian and Alakhami like this.
  13. super71

I'd say the only actually strong runes here are striker, spirit, warlock because of the summons having so much health, maybe glaive but that's more his ability than him. Most of those runes are powerful because of an ability and not so much their stat lines. None of those runes are extremely problematic in my opinion, maybe it's just your play style ?

14. badgerale

The best rune is extinguisher imo.

65hp, ampable damage, 1-2 range, self healing every turn, and passive damage out the ****.

It's one of those runes that it is really Firking hard to not get value out of.

Sealer0 and Drache77 like this.
  15. Kendoshi

Extinguisher is cake foder for ranged units. If you face ST, the best thing you can do is place ranged champs. Going 1on1 vs extinguisher is like straight up suicide. Just leave the game if you think you should do that. There are some things some factions are best at and ST is one of those factions, if not the faction, you shouldn't 1on1 on.

Seriously, there are so many runes that are beyond more efficient nora wise than exitinguisher. What about that ******** legendary firk rune? Stillwater Mutant, you can afk with this champion and he still gets in his value. While getting nora on mass with ******** passives and you guys complain about ST? ST is as straightforward as it can get. Nothing out of the ordinary, everything can be calculated when facing Frost or whatever from the jakei's from the north.

I can't understand the crying about ST while FW is around with all their gimicky bullshit. Unholy tomb, life loosing attacks, cost efficiency on every Firking rune, even god a stupid undercosted skeleton who kills relics for 73 nora.... Like wtf are you complaining about ST?!

ST has changed the least comparing to the old days. It's just HP and DMG. That's it.

16. badgerale

Stillwater mutant isn't all that. You have to eat a bit of global damage but it isn't much and you control when you take it.

It's stats are ordinary and it doesn't self heal.

17. Kendoshi

True, but it is as efficient as Extinguisher, you can disable extinguisher by downing it with ranged, the same as you can negate stillwater mutante with global healing. It's all about bad draws and having no counter, not about a rune in itself being too op. Only K'hento is broken from ST.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Well, it can have soul channeling and hunter:soultapped which basically turns into perma regen and tough 2

19. badgerale

I dunno, I don't care enough about it to look at all it's abilities. It does that half hp thing then the next turn I kill it.

But (replying to the kendoshi) 'drowning it with range' is a catch all solution to everything that's not a vothair. it means little, especially early game.

Even if you do run range, how many times do you hit it considering it heals -- 8? 9? 10? If I'm using that many hits then I'd like to kill more than just one mid price champ.

I'm not even nerf hearding here, extinguisher has been a thorn in my side so long I'd kinda miss it if it was gone. I just think that comparing something that's run almost every time in the strongest faction to something which is run some of the time in a middling faction is bad judgement.

20. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Arctic wail should not be ampable