ST...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Oct 25, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I agree it's fine. But FW Players need to stop thinking of it as an autoinclude in every single deck you make now. Deploying it is a huge tempo risk now & you really need to evaluate if your deck can take that hit now.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'd only use it if the map rotations was primarily large maps, even then it's sketchy because of relic overload and seism. It doesn't need to be auto though like you said, it's still good enough. I didn't like unholy tomb because of the global stuff, however making a hard counter for all relics hardly seemed like the right answer.

The previous page though you also said it was garbage and then you said it's fine so what do you actually feel about it right now as is ?

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If it doesn't feel like an auto include, it most likely IS garbage.

It' fine. Anything 'just fine' isn't worth playing.

The only "fine" rune I include in my skeketon deck right now is... maybe black blade baron and bone mason... I have a very high opinion of all my runes atm, even the ones I don't really love, that's because it's FF, and I have little reason to ever run "just fine" garbage.

4. themacca

probably garbage is just an overly passionate response. I think it's an okay relic which can have it's day. But for the most part FW has much better options for slots now

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. DiCEM0nEY

you mean statue of xulous. Tome of hate is really only for shrine exertion if we are being honest, and bone mason can at least give TOH a run for its money, if not flat out out perform in most cases.

I guess aaryo eye also fills a similar role, since it basically provides nora, damage, and pretty hardcore scaling for a similar cost.

6. themacca

Just because they all incur value over time doesn't make them comparable. But yes TOH/Elsari bazaar is very strong especially on iron will units.

7. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Back on topic of ST, wasn't Frigid Barrier supposed to be changed to 50 nora, not 40 nora???

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The plan was 12 DMG. But that couldn't get into the patch so I wanted to try 50 nora, but that couldn't make it in either so nothing changed basically.

Next patch it'll be 12 DMG, that's already done.

Etherielin and MogaBait like this.
  9. DiCEM0nEY

12 Dmg aoe + a font blocker for 40 nora is still pretty insane.

10. Elric

Oh gosh, it's even more of a bargain in that it ALSO makes enemy champions in the font zone Frozen with accompanying stat decreases and ALSO makes the spaces Ice with another stat reduction for an enemy champ in the font zone. If Frigid Barrier were 50 nora for 12 damage and all the other effects, it would still be a good deal.

11. Sokolov

How can nerfing it from 14 to 12 DMG be "even more of a bargain?"

What are you even saying?

12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Would you ever stop complaining?? you dont want to be zoned off position against it... jesus there was a time where players actually focused on getting better and not just complain to sokolov to keep nerfing the game till they win. I dont even like frost but listening to you makes me angry because people who complain just to complain shouldnt be given voice

13. Sokolov

In either case, it's actually going to be 45 nora and has been listed that way (12 DMG and 45 nora) in the crate since Sept 12th.

14. Elric

Oh, if you read the quoted posts again and end with Dicemoney's quote, it'll make sense.

15. DiCEM0nEY

I'd just move it to 50 in all honesty, with the 12 damage. It has the effect of a 50 nora spell. And it won't gut it like doom was: there will still be a use if they have many small units in the font, or the inefficent cost causes a cap. It also allows the player to counter play it more fairly through positioning a unit outside the font to block a barrier: it costs way more than 50 nora to contest and block the ice no matter how u slice it.

@Elric
    Which also BringS the ST font bonus synergy with the spell into via balance consideration as well

16. Elric

Totally agree with you!

17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Ok whats wrong with the Frost theme is Howling Wind. Howling Wind gives your opponents champs vulnerability frost in an aoe, which combined with Amp means +75% damage and an easy board wipe. Just make it so Howling Wind gives only vulnerability sonic and make it do 8 damage. This means 11 damage champs will be hitting for 18.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  18. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

no nora increase?

19. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

does anyone even run it?

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

When they do its an easy board wipe especially when combined with deep freeze. Why do people even run snowstorm over deep freeze anyway? Mark24 runs howling wind and he is by far the best Ice amp player. I mean 85 nora for a board wipe with 2 spells is ridiculous thats a 17-18 damage deep freeze, and none of the new legs can board wipe they cost 80+ nora.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017