State of PoxNora Update (December 2017)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unfortunately, watching me won't help with the client. All I can do is distract you with rune changes :)

2. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Wow, that's harsh!

I think Sokolov really cares about the game. However, I think he does have a very strong subconscious bias towards ST.

ST has runes that are just way over the top. Much more than any other faction has access to.

That he even thinks that K'ento is balanced is just mind-boggling.

Even TinyDragon has posted that "ST has always been the top faction." TinyDragon doesn't seem to be playing ST as the game would be no challenge if he did.

Some things that were mentioned before:

Best font bonus
    Icefang (one of the best, if not THE best new Legendary)
    Jakei Extinguisher (which everyone pretty much acknowledges is OP)
    K'ento (basically no 1v1 matchup will survive vs her)
    Chilling Scale (can pretty much beat any other champ 1v1, except K'ento)
    Frigid Barrier (compare this with a similar UD spell Fiery Ambush, and then wonder how come ST gets things so much better than UD)
    Strig Warlock (creates crazy strong swarms with lots of hit points...compare this with Demonologist or Demon Lich and the swarms that they create and watch as UD cries)
    Gale Force (2x autoinclude. Period.)

Woffleet and IPhoenixl like this.
  3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

gale force with knockback 2 would still be runnable (maybe it'll have to be slightly cheaper), same for K'ento if he was around 80. Chilling Scale is strong but probably not OP. Frigid Barrier is getting hit next patch, so is Icefang. Although that wouldn't change the fact that frost amp is ridiculous and yeti spirit is stupidly OP. sure, that's a decent amount of annoying Bane Shift, and it'd be less annoying if it wasn't due to the fact that most of those runes remained OP for so long that when they eventually get nerfed and people start to reminisce how op they were before, they (people) are confounded and stupefied as to why the change hadn't occured sooner, but in general, outside of that, ST has just about as much OP as any other faction. Although I do hate it with all my guts and at times wish it didn't exist at all.

davre likes this.
  4. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

Cant wait for the new Leoss.

5. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I think Sok has a secret bias towards PoxNora.

Anima26, Woffleet, MaruXV and 5 others like this.
  6. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

I think Sok has not enough time on his hands. Hows the kid?

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Senshu I was wondering - since you guys have released Space Wars, does this mean that more resources will now be available to Pox?

Woffleet, Xirone and Kampel like this.
  8. Ramn0s

Ramn0s The King of Potatoes

Yeah, it is. But he is right. I have finally persuaded a friend to join the game, then in a couple of weeks the new interface kicks in, and by buddy tells me, how - if before it was a bit confusing for a newbie, now with all the bugs and sometimes "cancel movement" mouse click as well as total bs when you start to move another champ before the first one stops, happens. He was like "... naah, maybe once a week or month, since the game play is fun"

9. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I just came back after a long break, but ill stick around for a while as long as you guys are still working to make it better :)

10. Beefinator

Beefinator The King of Potatoes

Was nice to read such an in-depth update of the game, but I do wish it was better news, for sure. Sucks that the client update was such a long, arduous, and mostly painful experience. I was pretty baffled by how terrible it was at launch, but it's mostly usable now at least. I think @Sokolov does a fantastic job and is the best developer this game has had. SoE really ran this thing into the ground and Sok has just been fixing it ever since then. With how deep and old this game is that's one hell of an undertaking and I have massive respect for the work he's done to keep it balanced.

Tweek516, MaruXV, Fentum and 4 others like this.
  11. Liion

Liion Well-Known Member

@Sokolov
    So I'll try some outside of the box thinking:
    you've got a community here and I bet some of them are developers. Why don't you open source the game client and start from scratch?
    I know I would love to work on this game, I can't be the only one.

Start a Poll and lets see if people are intrested. :D

badgerale likes this.
  12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would appreciate monthly up dates, even if it just copy and paste from last month. Thank you for the update.

Thbigchief, DiCEM0nEY and Tweek516 like this.
  13. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Bump means bring up my post, but it is stickied to the top

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

RIP for the over 9000th time. It's kind of hard to even give pox money right now amirite? like how do I even do it... I have the old runes I want... no swag no skins no fluff ...give me a way to flex on poor plebs at least. Meaningless badges or in game banners to beat better players then me with my wallet. Like... in all seriousness, how do I even support the game right now?

16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Its dead, even if an expac comes out what would be the point, we would have to wait another year and a half for another expac..
    And when some mechanic breaks with the new content they would take 6 months to patch it..

17. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

You can just buy the midterm, it is pretty pay ru win

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Unfortunately, things like badges and banners would need a bunch of technical work to implement - and I think most players would rather that time be spent on fixing the issues with the new client, or stuff like adding Drafts.

Also, recent attempts at more cosmetic type items like the Hero reskins have not really done well enough to justify attempting to add new systems to support other cosmetics.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

That's disappointing, I love the hero skins.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

I would agree that fixing the client should be high up there on the list of priorities. Any word on when we can expect the next patch?