Stephen Hawking dead at 76

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Imba, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

The holy spirit is reflected in the human soul. Basically God's role on earth.

But souls are also tainted with sin (adam and eve) and thus no human or group of humans represent God.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

bullshit.

even if it wasn't bullshit then your god is vile and evil for trying to prevent, and punishing beings for gaining knowledge.

3. ProR2D2

lol. Those are lies spoused by "christians" who ignore the context of biblical verses (specifically 1 corinthians 8) just to make an excuse for their mental sluggardness.
    What the bible actually says (if you take context into account), is that knowledge is useless without wisdom (knowledge tells you how to fire a gun, wisdom tells you when to use it).

God encourages to get knowledge (Proberbs 14:18, 13:20), starting with the knowledge of God (wisdom) (Proberbs 1:7, 9:10).
    Everything comes from God's plan and creation, and thus increasing our understanding of the world is increasing our love for God.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that is some great mental gymnastics to justify your bullshit.

now prove your bullshit or it will remain bullshit.
    alternatively try and break free from your cage of bullshit. the truth is better than bullshit lies.

5. ProR2D2

I'm done talking with someone who mocks other people's faith, and god. Next time you make an argument, try backing it up first.
    Or Try reading a bit (starting from matthew).

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Fixed your post,
    ALSO
    Excuse me but I am asking you to PROVE that it isn't bullshit and you are giving me a bullhit answer.

you know fairytale books prove nothing right?

7. ProR2D2

No, you didn't. You said to "prove my bullshit".

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I thought I already told you that a fairytale book quote is NOT proof?
    in fact it is the post imediatly preceding your latest pile of bullshit!
    By the first part of your quote it would seem your heart is full of bullshit! while I have only told you the truth albeir harshly.

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I usually concede the scripture of which ever religion i'm debating for sake of argument as not much can ever get done without allowing them to talk from the scripture.

I mean quite frankly no religion on earth has anything but a book often with no proof of it's existence except stories by old guys that need to be taken at face value.

even the scriptures that can be traced back to the founders like mormons and Joseph smith, that's origins are absurd and documented will not be taken at anything but face value by opposing debators, best to let them have it and argue the ridiculousness of the books themselves.

10. ProR2D2

If an innocent 8 year old is murdered, do you believe his being/soul gets some sort of gift or compensation?

Yes or No

11. calisk

no why would they? just because it would be nice if everyone was rich, won the lottery every day, married their first love, etc does't make the reality of the world any different.

if there was a shred of tangible evidence to support anything to the above statement I would be jumping up and down to be proven wrong, but thus far no.

sad things happen, but that's not a reason to hide from what happened.

edit ----

let me correct my previous statement a tad bit, while I did say no it would be more accurate to say I don't know, and I don't believe so.

while I can say with a fair bit of confidence nothing happens, i can't prove nothing happens, so won't make any claims to such things, only that nothing can be proven to the contrary, and what we can prove is people die, and from our perspective that's it.

give that evidence all should conclude that nothing happens.

12. ProR2D2

Second question. You do something you consider to be evil and do not ask forgivness or repent, can you leave in peace with yourself?

13. calisk

you could if you have some serious mental issues, guilt is a trait that we evolved to protect us from becoming social outcast. "evil" as it were is a by product of the morality you gain from the society you grow up in, religion is just one of many common factors that help a person develop their personnal morals, but is by far and large not the only factor nor is it required to develop god morals as social science has proven numerous times in various ways.

if you can act against your morals and not feel guilty you likely have mental issues, and will suffer severe social punishments ranging from jail time, to being out casted and at the worst of it will maintain no family or friends, or could even be unable to maintain work or a home.

In other words evil is simply based on where and when you live, racism is not allowed here, that will result in punishment in our country but in the vast majority of the world it's not even abnormal, and nobody will feel guilty for it or die feeling guilty, we think sleeping with 18 year olds is fine today but 100 years from now they might all think we are pedophiles.

if your bible said you needed to kill your first born son abraham style to get into heaven I assume you'd not listen to it, you don't need the book to under stand that's wrong, at least by our standards....

The part you likely really care about though is the divine punishment for bad deeds, and like the previous question, nothing in the world would suggest any form of divine judgment in the world exists, simply the various severe punishments we enact on others who are even hinted at performing any act deemed against society....whether they did or didn't do anything is another matter people have been trying to work out for quite awhile.

14. ProR2D2

Yes or No pls

BTW Pedophilia is not a matter of opinion. It has a strict definition of sexual attraction to prepubescent children, and puberty is guaranteed to be active at the age on 13. Meaning that being attracted to 14 year or older BY DEFINITION is never pedophilia. As a matter of fact, is completely legal in the mayority of christian countries for said reason.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that's because it is bullshit

however I am fluent in English as a second language, have the benefit of modern knowledge, and I live in the same era as you all so when I write on this forum that religion is bullshit there is no mistranslations or the fog of ages mixing the words. I am a more credible source on the nature of our universe than Jesus.

"Religion is bullshi" - Ger, Poxnora forums -2018

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but that is not a yes or no question. you are hiding information critical to the nature of his answer.
    1. why would he do something evil, are you asking if he is a mentally disturbed person?
    2. by ask forgiveness or repent do you mean towards the ones he did evil against ( which might actually work to improve the situation) or to bullshit sorry, invisible sky person(s) ( which does nothing but decieve himself into thinking he did something good)

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

just quoting this to show what unethical people the religious are.

18. calisk

You completely missed the point of that statement. The point was what's fine today may not be later. That's today's definition/morals(not arguing your facts just your point on this one) are subject to change. 100 years from now they may think we were sick freaks because their definition is different.

Morals and by extension definitions and laws are subject to changes in society and change over time.

19. calisk

Heh well my stance has always been that any idea worth It's salt needs to be able to stand up to debate, and discussion.

Winning is not the point of the debate as nobody wins a debate but the discussion leads us further down a road to understanding, I say this fully understanding that everybody in the world thinks they are right about everything they have an opinion on.

20. ProR2D2

Fine. The average normal person that is not "mentally sick", he does something you consider to be evil and does not apologize or repent, do you believe he will be able to live in peace with himself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.