Stitched and "One Trick Ponies"

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sokolov, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

well lets start a list of possible changes.
    1) Stitched shaman, remove deconstruct and replace with drain rank 2. replace life siphon with transfer life rank 1
    2) Stitched Merged?
    3) Stitched Magearm???
    4) Stitched dreameater( to powerful needs a nerf, when I reconstruct champs i choose him 90% of the time)

2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

What??

3. Woffleet

dreameater is just such a powerful abillity and he's shadowspawn and his damage + HP is pratically the same as blackguard. Why would you ever reconstruct blackguard over him?

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Blackguard got better stats,multi attack,strong dot,and hinder movment is quite an good ability with low cd.
    If the enemy got detection or aoes then i will always pick blackguard.
    Also dreameater nora leech will mess with tomb and sarinda death harvest.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah. I'm even finding myself reconstructing magicians now and then.

6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Huge range and 12 direct damage can be useful in certain situations,however most remains are close to enemy champions,which often makes melee champions better then ranged.

Also i forgot,the enemy can see where the dreameater is reconstructed,so he can bump into him with a champion or relic to destealth him.

7. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

im pretty sure nora leech works just on enemy nora gen

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It works on everything.

9. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

ohh never read the last part

10. Woffleet

ok i never thought of it that way. Thanks for the reply. Also for Magearm.
    upgrade line 1:
    life drain aura
    magic aura rank 2
    magic aura rank 3

upgrade line 2:
    vindictive
    magic beam
    magic eater

base:
    damage shield magic rank 2
    attack magic
    vengeful
    stitched

I think cost would be around 90-100?

11. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Before we start throwing ideas around for exactly what we'd like to see for changes to champions, we need to make absolutely sure that we are in agreement about the general parts, before we start hammering out the details.

This is the useless meeting at work, not the useful conversation you had with your boss in the hallway. ;)

12. Woffleet

k so what are the general parts? Stitched don't need to be remade just more stitched champs need to become better to take the focous away from pure reconstruction?

13. SireofSuns

I certainly agree with that. I think that's really the best way to sum it up.

Sub points would be:

1] 2x2 Stitched champs currently don't see much use because they don't bring much to the table, either because of cost or because of abilities.
    Example A: Stitched Merged; Doesn't see use due to overall blandness. Appears to be meant to be a front line tank, but isn't really needed and can be easily replaced with lower cost champs. I actually love the guy, but I rarely have 100 nora sitting around to dump on him, my spells and other champs take more priority. That's my experience.
    Example B: Stitched Magearm; Doesn't see use due to massive cost. Generally liked thematically and practically, just needs a lower cost.
    Same story. Although, I honestly rarely feel like I could get much use out of him even he had a lower cost. I'm not sure why though, to be fair.
    Example C; Stitched Mirrorskin; Kinda the same story as the Merged, but gets more use due to being able to defend other Stitched.
    Honestly, I like the concept, but... He just doesn't have much impact when I use him. Am I failing at strategy or do others feel the same way?
    Example D; Stitched Monolith; His sprite is ugly?
    I never see him played, and I don't use him. But he LOOKS good on paper.

2] Merge often feels like a sandbag more than anything else, despite that it has a great concept.
    Idea A: Removal.
    Sadness and rage ensues.
    Idea B: Redesign.
    Personally, I would remove it from the non-constructer champs, and then just have it be this:
    Merge NAME (AP 4. Cooldown {It needs none?}. This champion and two friendly, owned, adjacent champions are destroyed and a NAME with total HP equal the total HP of the champions destroyed this way is deployed under your control in the space this champion occupied.). Something like that would make it not as powerful (the HP part) but also see a lot more use imo. Also, should the destroyed champions be required to be Stitched? I think thematically they wouldn't need to be, as that's kinda the point. But hey, I've been called insane before.

3] Many Stitched champions without: Reconstruct, Deconstruct, or that are beaten out by ones with just plain better stats aren't run.
    Example A: Concealer; ???
    I don't know why I rarely see him, maybe I'm looking at the wrong time? I use and rather enjoy him. I find him to really only be good at the start of the game, but he does make for a great early deploy. His main problem then is that after turn 25 or so, his usefulness starts rapidly dropping off. Personally, I would change Surge: Concealed to be Surge: Cooldown (+1 dmg for each friendly rune on cooldown).
    Example B: Mesmer; Despite being an very interesting champion that has some great utility, he is one of the first to get the boot for other, better champions.
    A great champion overall, and I use him all the time. But it seems he doesn't get much use because he gets pushed out for better champions. Personally, I would like to see his Aura removed and see him get some of his range-hate back.
    Example C: First; ???
    I keep hearing people say they don't use him anymore. WHY!?
    4] On a separate note, Kiergana.
    Would be great if Split Hero wasn't on her. Seriously. Remove the restrictive clause in the Hero abilities. PLEASE. This will make so many people happy, trust me I'm a psychic genius. ;)
    But seriously. I really like her concept and want to use her, but I'm not going to be running a Kanen/Stitched battle-group just for her.
    I think that's it. Feel free to correct me, although I'd always appreciate constructive feedback as opposed to flame. Pls. :)

14. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

im starting to worry if you even play stitched
    mirrorskin and monolith are both amazeballs and first is 2x autoinclude
    and why would you need to make kanen/Stitched group? that sounds pretty useless considering that stitched are all about that synergy with other stitched
    take my flame[​IMG]eee

15. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

still wouldnt run,stitched need numbers so anything so expensive is bad

16. SireofSuns

Thanks for the feedback!

I meant that I don't see them being played (even though they are pretty good, I like using Mirrorskin from time to time). As I mentioned (very briefly, easy to miss), I may just not be seeing the people that do run them. They are amazing, although I feel that other runes are better for slightly different variations on the Stitched playstyle (Monolith for more relic spam, Mirroskin for more staying power {as opposed to "Stitch-rush"}. Also Mirrorskin is really only good as a mage-hunter, and I rarely feel like I need more of that.). But again, just what I've seen and how I feel.

So, how would you describe the state of Mirrorskin and Monolith? Is anything wrong with them, needs to be fixed, edited, etc.?

In regards to the Kanen/Stitched: Exactly my point. Kanen and Stitched plainly don't work, so who in their right mind would run Kiergana? I've never even heard of her on the playfield. Again, I could be looking at all the wrong times. But I stand by the idea of removing the restrictive clause in Split Hero (so that she can be run for Kanen OR Stitched, can do both, but doesn't need to.).

17. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

well thats why theres options in upgrades for kiergana to choose to go stitched or kanen way,its not meant to be both
    mirrorskin is amazing against anything non physical not just mages,for his price he can be quite annoying to deal with
    monoliths hp to nora ratio is pretty great and with sentinel enemy is pretty much forced to widdle him down a bit or they get ***** in the ass for tons of damage,any person that runs relic guardian on monolith is a scrub and heretic

18. SireofSuns

Ohhh... My bad. For some reason I was thinking that Split Hero meant they needed to be a split with their specific factions. Oops.

Well, "mage" isn't a class. So basically I was saying the same thing, but with different words. So, I agree.

Right. I'm not really sure why you'd run anything besides Sentinel on him (which is a problem imo, there should actually be a decision that has to be made, rather than one choice being obviously better than the others).

19. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Kiergana is the hero for stat-focus stitched (SL/ and ST/, both are still good) and FS/parastrike stitched (and that one is bad now because of poor concealer and anathema revamp).
    Sarinda is the hero for db-focus stitched (FW-oriented, UD-oriented and ST/ are all gimped after revamp, FS/ one is still ok), psychic stitched (that one is only nonclassic bg which got better), and classic full-stitched.

The fact that new players like you don't even know what kiergana is, clearly illustrates the reason of this thread.

20. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

^what he said,yall dont know shizzle,sok dont listen to any of these people
    no touching stitched