Stitched Dreameater Remake

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Stitched Dreameater
    NOW
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 9
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 0
    • HP: 44
    • Race: Stitched
    • Class: Rogue
    • Base cost: 69
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Stitched When this champion is destroyed, a Stitched Remains relic is summoned to the closest available space.
      • [​IMG] Dreameater At the beginning of each turn, if this champion is Stealthed, opposing champions within 5 spaces take 4 Psychic damage.
      • [​IMG] Meld: Stitched Merged The Stitched Hexer, Blackguard and Dreameater combine into a Stitched Merged with full HP. To use this ability, you must have each of those units together in a formation that makes up the base of a large unit, with one empty space.
      • [​IMG] Shatter Summoned Area Effect 3, Range 5: Enemy illusions and summoned units take 15 Psychic damage.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (8) [​IMG] Stealth This unit becomes Stealthed.
        • (5) [​IMG] Shadowspawn This unit comes into play Stealthed.
        • (12) [​IMG] Shadowstrike This champion becomes stealthed after making a basic attack.
      • 2 :
        • (4) Nora Leech When your enemy would gain Nora through an ability, spell or relic, they gain 75% of that amount, and you gain 25% of that amount. When you would gain Nora through an ability, spell or relic you instead gain only 75% of that amount.
        • (6) Backlash Whenever a unit generates nora through an ability, it loses HP equal to the amount gained. If the nora was generated via a spell, the owner's shrine loses HP equal to half the amount gained.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW
    Stitched Dreameater
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 8
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1
    • DEF: 0
    • HP: 44
    • Race: Stitched
    • Class: Rogue
    • Base cost: ~68-72
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Stealth This unit becomes Stealthed.
      • [​IMG] Dreameater At the beginning of each turn, if this champion is Stealthed, opposing champions within 5 spaces take 4 Psychic damage.
      • [​IMG] Stitched When this champion is destroyed, a Stitched Remains relic is summoned to the closest available space.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Shadowspawn This unit comes into play Stealthed.
        • [​IMG] Trickster When this unit activates an ability that is not a basic attack, it becomes Stealthed for 6 turns and gains Shadow Shift for 1 turn.
        • [​IMG] Shattered Summoned Area Effect 3, Range 5: Enemy illusions and summoned units take 15 Psychic damage.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Mind Lock A random non-basic attack activated ability on target enemy champion within 5 spaces has +5 CD and this champion gains that ability for 5 turns.
        • [​IMG] Terrorize Target enemy champion within 4 spaces becomes Frightened for 3 turns. If that champion becomes Frightened, it loses all AP and relocated 1-5 spaces at random.
        • [​IMG] Mindwipe Aura 1 All opposing champions within 2 spaces of this unit becomes Pacified for 2 turns.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    free20play and Thbigchief like this.
  2. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

well this is good. ( better then what we have on live for dreameater )
    though it feels like people will autopick trickster 90% of the time due to the syngery it has with his upgrade line 2. ( that plus upgrade line 1 has no other good options )
    also i wonder why shadowspawn is available on upgrade line 1 when he now has stealth on base? ( that and upgrade line 1 seems to be missing another ability )
    so how about replacing shadowspawn with incoherent babbling and additionally giving him constriction to upgrade line 1?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  3. Redderrick

No, that would stray too far outside his balance. He is fine as is, shadowspawn is just as good considering he has stealth and in some scenarios even better.

However after making a stitched highlander BG I will add Shattered Summons back for upgrades 1.

4. Redderrick

~Bump:
    *New edits.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will do something along these lines for this guy.

Etherielin likes this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

what's wrong with the current build?

I like that your build reduces the ability bloat, but i've always thought that the choice between stealth, shadowspawn and shadowstrike was nice as it is both meaningful and even.

7. Sokolov

I am removing Meld from all champions regardless, and I do like the idea of Stealth on base and giving him a secondary more active utility role outside of eating dreams. That said, I do think the current build is largely fine, but since I was already looking at him. I am basically going to keep U1 as additional Stealth options and U2 being the "what else do you want to do" part, which is similar to the current build.

Etherielin and badgerale like this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

That's cool, have you thought about reusing the meld mechanic for a future theme?

9. Sokolov

I think it's an interesting mechanic for a card game, but given how fiddly it is in a tactics game, I think it's not likely to return, at least not anywhere close to its current form.

However, the concept may return in theory.

10. Sokolov

• Stitched Dreameater - Nora 70, DMG to 7, Meld and Shatter Summoned removed from base, Stealth added to base, U1 Trickster, Shadowspawn, Hidden: DMZ, U2 Terrorize, Shatter Summoned, Mark