Stitched Monolith Rework:

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

OLD:
    Stitched Monolith
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 0
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 2-5
    • DEF: 3
    • HP: 75
    • Race: Stitched
    • Class: Demi-God
    • Base cost: 74
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Lumbering This champion's AP cost for each movement is increased by 1.
      • [​IMG] Attack: Magical This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Stitched When this champion is destroyed, a Stitched Remains relic is summoned to the closest available space.
      • [​IMG] Strength of Body This champion's has +DMG equal to its HP divided by 5 (rounded down).

Upgrades:
    • 1 :
      • (6) Guard Tower At the start of your turns, enemy champions within 4 spaces take 1 Physical damage and are knocked back 1 space (does not affect Stealthed champions).
      • (8) Relic Guardian This champion gains +4 DMG and +2 DEF when it is within 3 spaces of a friendly relic.
      • (8) Sentinel Whenever an enemy champion within this unit's range successfully attacks another friendly unit, this unit makes a free basic attack against the attacking champion.
    • 2 :
      • (3) Resistance: Magical 1 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 20% (after DEF, rounded up).
      • (4) Resistance: Magical 2 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 35% (after DEF, rounded up).
      • (5) Resistance: Magical 3 When this unit takes Magical damage, that damage is reduced by 50% (after DEF, rounded up).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW:
    Stitched Monolith
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 0
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 45
    • Race: Stitched
    • Class: Demi-God
    • Base cost: ~72-78
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Shroud Other friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Evasive 2 This does not stack.
      • [​IMG] Enduring Aura 3 Damage to friendly champions within 2 spaces is reduced by 2. (this ability and its effects do not stack)
      • [​IMG] Empathy Friendly champions within 5 spaces have an additional rank of Regeneration.
      • [​IMG] Stitched When this champion is destroyed, a Stitched Remains relic is summoned to the closest available space.
      • [​IMG] Planar Bound This unit is immune to relocate and remove from play effects.
      • [​IMG] Weighty When this champion has moved 3 spaces via normal movement, it gains Lumbering for 1 turn.
      Upgrades:
    • 1 :
      • [​IMG] Weaken Spells Friendly champions within 5 spaces take 5 less damage from spells.
      • [​IMG] Rite of Healing Target real champion you own within 5 spaces is destroyed. All friendly champions are healed for 6 HP and gain Regeneration 3 for 3 turns.
      • [​IMG] Crystallize Target friendly champion that is within 2 spaces becomes Crystallized until the beginning of your next turn. (Crystallized - This champion is Shielded and may not move, attack, or activate special abilities. At the beginning of your turn, this champion heals 4 HP). May target self.
    • 2:
      • [​IMG] Amplify Healing All healing is increased by 50%.
      • [​IMG] Cleansing Aura Friendly champions within 3 spaces (including this one) are Cleansed at the start of your turns.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

~Bump:
    *New edits.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think the design here is interesting, but not sure we need to replace the Monolith with it.

That said, I do think the design is very cluttered - you don't need to add every ability that deals with something to make something work. Also, a 75+ nora utility champion with Weighty seems potentially hard to justify playing even if it does have a mess of AE defensive abilities.

This design also highlights why we have been standardizing AE sizes - here you have a champion that wants to be 2, 3 and 5 spaces away from champions. Very frustrating to play these kind of champions in the actual game because of how fiddly they are in terms of movement.

Also, in general, we no longer give Cleanse to FW.