Stitched Rune Changes

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by BigToastie, May 21, 2015.

1. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

So I am looking to play this theme once again, and I don't care what their current state is.

However there are some runes that I think would benefit from slight tweaks to support the theme more.

Just to get the ball rolling:

Bracelet of Mirrors; not sure on this, but if its equipped on matriarch shouldn't it give her an additional ability/stat like all other equipments do?

Stitched Possession; I think the effected enemy should also get stitched (so when it dies, it becomes a stitched relic).

Arise; after testing it does seem very strong...

EDIT:
    Disintergrate; for every stitched out reduce the cost by 3 to a maximum of 15?

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Moonstone3 likes this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I agree with everything but not araise.Arise is already amazing and doesnt need a change.

3. lcbfoxx

lcbfoxx New Member

Exactly what Netherzen said.

4. Moonstone3

Moonstone3 The King of Potatoes

yeah, no arise is good as it is. also while their at it, fix the possession bug.

5. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

So With these changes, let's go over each different stitched and its viability and role in a stitch bg.

For heroes, both the matriarch and kirgana. I like both these two but which has more use in a full stitched bg?

For tanks we have tyrant, magearm, monolith, mirrorskin, first (tankish?) and merged. Tyrant has always been the go to, but what do you thinks of them all now that the changes have affected them?

For ranged we have hexer, magician, shaman, and warlock.

For support(ish) we have seamstress, Mesmer, anathema

For stealth we have the concealer and the dreamcacher

For tarpit/fodder/beater we have blackguard, stitchling, mangler

For equips we have the mirror bracelet and the tome.

Dissect each of these to bring knowledge to stitched noobs like myself. Help us understand the value in the stitched and their strategies

6. Moonstone3

im glad theres someone who wants to know more about stitched to play it, so ill answer your question and if you need more questions private message me. im an expert at stitched.

hero: matriarch sarinda.
    Why? Because of death toll and death harvest. Stitched is all about dying and remaking and sarinda makes it a lot more favorable with death harvest. and with death toll you get a free stitched Mage, it's best to deploy her as soon as you can. Kiergana is great but she isn't for full stitched deck.

Tanks: Tyrant Auto 2 for sure, and if you got space add mirror skin or monolith it's optional they aren't as important to a full stitched deck like the Tyrant, as for First, you always need 1 or atleast 2 because seamstress is now expensive and first got that heal so 2 is a pretty good option.

The changes didn't change anything really, stitched still looks capable to keep on the strategy it had ever since it was created, only bad changes are seamstress is expensive, no death pact on first and~ Now bracelet of mirrors is useless on sarinda because you gotta choose between death harvest or 1 charge for 2 damage ability forgot the name.

Ranged: auto include everything you mentioned except hexer and magician having 2 hexer is optional but I believe 1 is enough. Not that 2 is a bad thing, hexer is a decent debuff unit and blackguard is a great tank/Melee attacker that hexer can reconstruct

Stealth: concealer don't ever include, as for dream eater, only include if you want a stealth unit at the start of the game or at second round. Because shaman or first can reconstruct them and arise aswell if your lucky.
    Good strategy: dream eaters can use their signature ability dream eater as detection, if a stealthed opponent ever passes by next to your dream eater unaware! Because it's stealthed aswell next turn they take 4 damage and unstealth which is awesome if you got extra eaters around you can position them in places for Anti stealth

Support: I used to use Mesmer as a tank when I couldn't afford a tyrant. Majestic and Arrow eater is awesome or did they change that? Anyway seamstress add 1 or 2, if your adding 2 forget about having 2 first. anathema isn't good for full stitched.

Cheap beaters: stitchling for Sarinda to death Toll. You can add 2 if you need a fast cheap font contester or as sacrifice but stitchling got Low CD so 1 is enough, as for mangler/blackguard you don't need them because of seamstress/hexer

Equips: bracelet isn't useful anymore because unless you pick the ability I mentioned for sarinda that needs charges, death harvest is more important tho.

Now with Long Answering Aside
    Here's a very simple way to play stitched ready?

Kill them, destroy them
    And remake them, don't ever be afraid of Death, that's Stitched, if your a masochist or an EMO your a pro already. But if you need more detail as I mention private message me. Same to everyone else if you want to play stitched and need help I'm glad to do so :)

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  7. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

I hope I helped you some what :)

EDIT: to add the the discussion, what does everyone think of the new Stitched Librarian?! :)

EDITEDIT:
    Also I run Firsts and Skeleforms (augment creation/heals and reconstruct also skeleform high damage high speed units with ap gen from other units, yes please!)

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  8. fattyy2k

What about the kirganas tome? It could be added now being viable on champs like tyrant

9. fattyy2k

How does this bg look? image.jpg

10. Moonstone3

you did good, I would add 2 maddening echoes tho. once the tyrant isn't useful anymore and he deployed all the stitchlings, maddening echoe makes a destructive combo, and afterwards you can arise so theres no waste, head of osarius is for... stealth occupying a font I bet? if so then dreameaters do that job the same so it isn't so useful. relic I suggest running instead is grim well. it will keep hard core melee's from your ranged reconstructors.

about tome, its not useful no. its like bracelet of mirrors. 20% nora is like saying ill give you a discount if you use it on sarinda... except on every champ and it can be destroyed before the champ dies. its best to leave it for kiergana which you will never run on full stitched, and yes soul tap isn't useful either.

librarian is back to being useful yeah, nora hex, plus detection plus equipment break, pretty necessary if you cant reconstruct dreameaters or your facing a stealthed unit at the start of the game.

11. fattyy2k

The tome is for deconstruct. Put it on a tyrant or on the first (who 20% return would be good).

12. Moonstone3

alright let me level with you, tome costs 35 nora, tyrant costs 90 nora, now lets break the 90 by 20% for soulsift ... you gain back around 18 nora so your wasting 17 nora at the end, now what do you gain from wasting 17 nora? 2+ nora, 2+ soul tap damage at the enemies turn, which is somewhat decent you can get your nora back. BUT!
    you might lose your equipment by a spell or ability so you will lose those 18 nora if your champ dies, PLUS! its a waste of BG space for so little gain, you can use this space for something more useful. at the end of it all you might gain at total 20 nora from this equipment by soultap and soulsift.

more importantly, you don't need tome because you got sarinda, you already get 12% a death already because of death harvest.

13. fattyy2k

I meant for deconstruct... That's the reason as its changes now work for any stitched

14. Moonstone3

What do you mean deconstruct? You can't gain Nora if you deconstruct an opponent, only if you die and once your champ dies the equip is sent to cooldown

15. fattyy2k

The tome just got updated that if equipped to a stitched they gain deconstruct. It's the replaced effect for equipping to kirgana

Moonstone3, saromon50 and Leadrz like this.
  16. Moonstone3

Oh wow... Ok now stitched got interesting. Man yeah you should add it then, and you mean stitched right? I just saw the equipment, I was misled cause I was checking on pox deck Maker. Sorry for doubting your knowledge. is there any other updates I should be aware about for stitched?

17. fattyy2k

Um... Bracelet got changed a bit I think but other than that just take a look. Also did they readjust certain costs manually because seamstress is back down to a reasonable cost. I think stitched might actually be really g tying good again. I tried the tome on the monolith and tyrant in 1player and I liked the effects.

18. fattyy2k

-1 head and -1 soul reave (will put back in if I find I need it). +1 grim well +1 spire

Moonstone3 likes this.
  19. fattyy2k

so the new bone staff is actually really good on champs like first or monolith... is it supposed to be procced on summons? because it procs on real champs too

20. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

I'm fairly sure it procs the first time a champ is deployed each turn. Be it summon or real.