Structs

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Skullferno, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Since seeing that new shiny scorpion you guys will probably get, I have collected almost all constructs.

I have no idea how to assemble a viable bg since revamp, so I am hoping IS people can tell me what to do/build in a bg. I looked but couldn't find any updated bg's on the matter.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Love Ross(Rorschach)

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I have a constructs bg that I feel is solid if untested. I can post it if you like.

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Strux is dead for me, too low dmg and too focused on boost of a 80 nora unit (the only one with boost) so realy too slow, much more than before.

But, they are still funny and if your oppo is so stupid to let you the time to build up, still unstoppable.

The atm very good strux are:

-GRE
    -Hoplite (i love them since the relase and they are viable now)
    - Stone colossus, this one will make your oppo cry with crushing blow
    -Earth golem, you must cast on him Blessing of Al'mara but after that is good if your oppo run a lot of physical dmg
    - Stone Dragon

These are in my opinion the best strux, but deal a very poor dmg wihtout any boost, boost that only dwarven engineer has.
    Edit: dwarven handler has it too, and can build 'em up or the other that give maniac, and he has drive too. A pretty good support.

You need ranged option and robodog is expansive but can deal a tons of dmg in 1 turn...Honeslty i prefer the 88 version, so barrage1
    Another strux i love is RR, and i run him anyway. No matter what change they will do. And in 1vs1 is still a must.
    Whitestone/blackstone gargoyle is another unit i like but again, like robodog and RR is pretty expansive.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Mogaslicer has a crapton of damage. I'm surprised noone ever mentions him, he's like the ultimate construct melee beater.

5. JaceDragon

He's good, yes. But i don't like 2x2 champ with an aura, in a phalanx theme. This is a my opinion. I prefer run x2 stone colossus

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Gargoyles

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Constructs are a combination of Tinkerers and Constructs. The trick is to balance how many and which tinks to use.

Dwarven Engineer, Dwarven Handler, Dwarven Tinker and Silverclan Engineer are the most used. The last option in IS is Dwarven Excavator as he does not have any boost or upgrade construct abilities, only Mason. I guess he could be used as a field medic and place his mines around for portability and harrassment. But I'm not sure he is worth a spot.

Dwarven Engineer is the key guy with Boost: Construct 3, Build 'Em Tough, Summon: Groble Piledriver. He is 2x in my battlegroup.
    Silverclan Tinkerer is the next most important with Superior Tinkering and Invigorate being his key abilities. Since he lacks an attack, he usually has a lot of AP, so feel free to move him around for Shatter, but be careful to keep him safe. His upgrades aren't as key as his base abilities.
    Dwarven Handler with Boost 2 and Drive is a nice addition. Build 'Em Tough or Rev 'Em Up choices are preferential on how you want to use them.
    Dwarven Tinkerer is another Build 'Em Tough booster and has her own Summon Mechanical Crab meat market. Upgrades are preferential as well. You can choose Mason 3 and use her as a healer or Mason 1 to reduce her nora cost by 6.

As I said, balancing Tinkers and Constructs is key. You can use the summoned meat as your main tanks, which the Groble Piledrive meat makes great tanks when they are boosted and upgraded with Build 'Em Tough.

2x Dwarven Engineer
    2x Silverclan Tinkerer
    1x Dwarven Handler
    1x Dwarven Tinkerer

With 6 Tinkerers there is room for about 9-11 Constructs, depending on your preferences.

I do not have time to get into the constructs to include at this time. Will look back in later after my Christmas party I need to go to, or maybe tomorrow.

As a quick addition, the construct-based spells I like to use are 1x Summon Strike Force and 2x Repair. Forge Hammer and Remote Control are the Construct-based equipment I like to use, 1x each. Silverclan Tinkerer's "Craft" ability keeps them rotating out pretty easily.

8. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Thanks guys. I'll wait to the expansion hits and will see if any new bgs pop up!.

9. JaceDragon

Remote controll? Why spend another slot for an ability you already have? Tactical manual and soul reaver/vial of holy water are a pretty much more worth

10. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

structs are still mostly screwed over as a theme. they relly on boost from tinkers but the only tink with boost 3 is the shittiest and most expensive of them. add to that the best tink lost boost entirely and you can start to see the problems with a slow low damage theme. I do recommend looking at the handler with regal presence and boost for the structs that are also dwarves.... the mogaslicer, RR, turret team, and glider get to beastly damage with just the handler out. and with just those 4 structs you've covered the bases for beater, tank, alt dam ranged beater, and aoe ranged damage. add the silverclan and dwarf tink for meat spam and buffers. then fill out your lineup with DMC to stay in concept if you can get them and maybe 2-3 other structs to fit your play style and the lineup is good to go. the major problem with most structs is that they don't have a basic atk like the DMC and TT. and even after the recent buff the lodestone armory still sucks and is going to be a walking dead space in your lineup just for imp speed. the slow defensive buildup is nice in concept but if you cant kill the opponents champs or survive any form of rush you are screwed. most other themes have champs that are just as tough without buildup and still deal more damage for single champ costs, not a buildup mutli champ cost.

is the theme fun.... sure is.
    is it viable in top ranked play without running some cheesy submodule gimmick.... hell no.
    will the new champ/expac/patch release fix these issues.... hopefully for the most part.

Skullferno likes this.
  11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

if anyone is interested i have made a construct bg i might sell the whole bg
    its aprox 450k atm

12. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 15.43.52.png

Gargoyles and Protectors for range rampage. Spam out summons with the Engineers and Tinkerer. Construct Swarm is OP as hell but don't tell anyone. Put in the Earth Golem / Blessing Combo for lolz mostly after watching Iajabmaka play them, but its actually very strong. Slicers very efficient. Handlers in there for Boost and Drive.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  13. Gaedel

Agreed. Remote Control is an option depending on other choices. I do like Tactical Manual for the extra damage and soul reaver/vial of holy water for cleanse. I'm not a big fan of adding an equipment for cleanse. I'd rather add a champion that cleanses along with other abilities. Unless, of course, you plan to cleanse someone that is going to die, then "craft" to keep it rotating it. But with a champion you can cleanse more than just one champ at a time. There are very cheap options for cleanse that are almost as cheap as the cleanse equipments that do more.

14. Gaedel

I love the Clockwork Swarm, as Swarm is a nice ability to increase your champs on the field. Just make sure they finish the kill. Swarm will not only give you a new Clockwork Swarm on the spot where the opposing champion died, but will also pick up the Nora Globe.

Clockwork Swarm along with the Engineers and Dwarven Tinkers will provide lots of extra meat, then boost them as much as you can with your Tinkerers (Superior Tinkering, Build 'Em Tough, Rev 'Em Up) then Boost Construct with Dwarven Engineer and Dwarven Handler.

Blackstone Gargoyle is the new kid on the block as a reskin of Whitestone Gargoyle. I like putting one in there utnil the newness wears off. Statue Form is a fun ability, especially against a Physical-heavy opponent.

Faultbreaker is the expensive puppy and looks like a monster with 80 HP, but over 100 Nora gives him a huge target on his head. He is fun to play around with. His Avatar on the board looks very imposing.

Rugolth's Revenge is another expensive monster that can put out massive damage. His avatar is another awesome presense on the board. But is it worth around 100 Nora?

Sentinal of Ailur is another 2x2 that is hardly ever used. He is a huge cat statue and placing him in a font is the way to go. Physical Resistance 3 and Font Blessing makes his cost only 54 Nora.

Magnetic Rover used to be a fun one, but Planar Hold and Magnetic Pulse might not be worth the Nora cost anymore.

Stone Colossus is another incredible-looking avatar on the board. There are so many of these 2x2s for Constructs you want to be careful not to load too much up on 2x2s or you will have trouble maneuvering.

Lodestone Construct is another 2x2 giant and a nice tank with block and Provision with a Pilfer option to acquire equipment, either from your champs or your opponent's.

Lodestone Armory gives you a needed Improve Speed option to speed up constructs. With Mason 3 they could also provide field medic services. But is 75 Nora worth it? Damage is pretty much nill at 6 base damage.

Silverclan Protector is the ranged monster who has been 2x in most Construct battlegroups I have seen. They provide lots of magic damage with Barrage 3 and Protective. Constructs are most lacking in ranged champs and 4-6 is very much needed.

Turret Team is another popular ranged champ every since his revamp towards the end of the SOE days, which provides alternate damage.

I'll stop there for now. There are more constructs that are very much viable, even moreso than some I listed here. But I wanted to provide my opinions on some of my favorites. Some are my favorites not for their power on the field but for their mere visual presence on the board.

15. chickenpox2

you fogot ironfist glider which is also a.really solid champ cheap and does alot just combo with handler and bomb strong too only drawback is its got no mobility so of it's engage it can't do much i you can push opponents away with bomb

16. Gaedel

The random movement is what keeps me away. Would be nice if it had the same movement mechanism as Dragon Engine.

17. chickenpox2

i run repair with anachk for lelz
heal 52 hp for 50 nora
    anyone else run spare parts find it useful cause i use dervish

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's Strux.

19. Gaedel

I don't really understand this. Translation?

20. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Ankh of Valdac , gives +50 % healing, thus repair which heals for 35, heals for 53 with Amp. its a 50 nora combo.

TheBulwark and chickenpox2 like this.