Stuck in launcher loading screen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kratosh, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

What is your native resolution and what do you have the game's resolution set as?

2. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

In the edit I did on my post I said that I set it to my legacy 4:3 1024x768 setting. That fixed it.
    But standard settings were/are set to widescreen. For those that dont know/see this it may be a problem.

Goyo likes this.
  3. Senshu

Yeah, there is no auto detect resolution so is defaults to widescreen.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Settings poping up at the first startup could be an easy fix.

5. Senshu

Not a bad idea but you can access the settings menu on the login screen.

6. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I assume that most players, much like me, just click through that to get into the game as fast as possible.

7. govikingz07

govikingz07 New Member

Having the "nullpointerexception" error as well. Java is updated, right clicking the desktop icon doesnt give me any options to "run as administrator" or anything, I've tried changing my resolution, putting it on legacy settings. My computer can run most games on max settings so it is not my specs. 2014-10-17_00002.jpg

8. Senshu

This could be a security settings issue. Checkout our Troubleshooting Tips http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

9. govikingz07

govikingz07 New Member

None seem to work. This is from the Steam version.

When I'm in the log in screen I was not able to click the "forgot password" and "create account" as my main browser is google chrome, but when I changed my main browser to internet explorer I was able to click those 2 links, but wouldn't connect to the poxnora website?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  10. Gromo

Gromo New Member

Hello, I have a similar problem to kratosh. Every time I try to launch the game it apparently gets stuck on loading and login screen never appears. The PoxNora logo pops out and then nothing happens.
    I'm using Windows XP and my native resolution is 16:10 1680x1050. I tried launching it in lower resolutions and other troubleshooting tips, but nothing worked so far. I used to play PoxNora before Steam relaunch and it worked without any issues, so I'm not sure what's wrong now. Any ideas?
    Edit: I deleted PoxNora content from Steam and downloaded the installer manually from the site. It works now. Apparently Steam version doesn't like my PC, but I'm not sure what exactly is causing problems here.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  11. Senshu

Hmm, it could be an issue with the Steam SDK and Win XP. It's hard to say without more information. Since you uninstalled and deleted all the Pox Nora content from Steam you could try reinstalling the Steam version to just see if it was an issue with a corrupted file.

12. Gromo

Gromo New Member

I reinstalled Steam version several times and also verified integrity of game cache. Unfortunately that didn't help, so I assume the files weren't corrupted.
    Could you elaborate?

13. Senshu

The development kit for Steam we used to have the full integration that of the web interface running through the Steam Client not the Game causes some compatibility problems. Generally this has to do with drivers for computers because Steam is feeding the game information rather than the game standing on it's own. You may want to set the Steam version of Pox Nora to run as an administrator and update your Video Card and Network drivers.

Are you using a laptop or desktop?