Stunning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sheik13, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Do you see anyone else seeing the need to switch the two?

In your reasoning, you can un-stun someone by hitting them again. Even your definition doesn't make sense. You don't make someone un-senseless by hitting them hard again. That just makes them further stunned. Likewise with paralysis - the duration is based off of the source. We're not talking about paralysis from stroke or anything permanent. If you take a look at the paralyzing abilities, as stated previously before, you'll notice that most paralysis comes from surprise. It's more like the expression "paralyzed with/by fear." When that happens, you do snap out of it / come to your senses once hit hard.
    And this is just the wording aspect of it. Who actually wants to take the time to change the abilities around in game And cause needless confusion just for the sake of one person. Yes, you're an outlier. Now you can feel as special as you want to.

I really shouldn't have to explain all this though. Everyone else gets it and we can't be bothered to just accommodate "prami, center of the universe." This just seems like most of your other posts - busybodying for no reason. That said, I give up like the rest trying to explain things to you :p

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Look... That's fine. You guys can enjoy your game the way it is now, just don't expect it to appeal to a larger audience.

I'm more than content with more developed games, like LoL & GW2.

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I lol'd

4. Prami

Statistics disagree with you. I don't care what you think is OP or underpowered. Statistics say that the win rates in LoL approach 50% for every single champion. That's an impressive feat.

5. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

........is Prami still going? Can we start taking bets on when / if he'll stop?

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's actually a mathematical liklihood that in a game like LoL, the win rates approach 50%. This is because by the nature of the game, an individual's ability to carry is limited (team size, snowballing, lanes, skill based matchmaking), and over larger and larger sample sizes, the random variables start to even out and you are basically left with a "how often can you carry your team to victory" %. Another thing to think about is with such a large playerbase, the skill level of players playing your champions are likely to follow very similar shapes, and skill based matchmaking pushes you towards 50% anyway...

In fact, you could argue that anything not fairly close to 50% indicates a problem since so many factors in LoL push the win rate towards 50%.

Anyway, what's more useful for balance is probably competitive play like the LCS.

Prami, Mercer Skye and Emries like this.
  7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Urgot would like to disagree - 38-42% win rate

Also what sok said :p

8. Prami

Interesting, though i still feel that it's a very balanced game. The aspects that aren't balanced are constantly being tweaked in patches.

Whenever i've felt that something wasn't quite right, Riot balanced it in a patch. Even when something like Urgot isn't as smooth or balanced as it could be, Riot has clearly stated their intent to improve the experience. I've never once disagreed with the direction Riot has taken their game. I can't say the same for Pox Nora.

That the DOG developers now want to work in near secrecy only strengthens the feeling. I can't watch Pox Nora's Development the same way i can watch LoL's through PBE notes.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Good for you, I don't see Riot having such a great track record.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Maybe Riot is purposefully directing his game to please people like you and poxnora is directing his game toward everlasting greatness, never thought of that?