Suggestion: Make Nora Globe numbers visible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

As indicated in the title, I would like to suggest that a small number pops up every time you pick up a Nora Globe. It's a small change but it would help. Opinions welcome.

Elves Rule, Pixyrus, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd honestly consider this a QoL, want me to merge it with my thread, and add it to the list?

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

At the very least having the number show up in the log would be nice. Figuring out 15% of a units cost can get difficult when a lot is going on.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Thought it was 12%

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I support this thread.

6. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

And make the nora generated by fonts appear above them at the start of turn -- the exact turn you start generating from them isn't that obvious.

Actually, nora miner, nora shield, banditry etc. could all show a nice blue number too.

Lupefi2 and Osidan like this.
  7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Not blue, that's AP gain.

8. yojinba

yojinba New Member

Actually there used to be light blue numbers over fonts, champs and shrines when nora was generated or captured.
    There even was a loading screen tip saying that light blue numbers indicate nora value.
    They disappeared some time ago. I always wondered why.

9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

A lot of time ago. I barely even remembered that! huh

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This seems like a good suggestion for QoL changes. Anything that eases the amount of shiz that people have to think about during a game should be considered i feel.

11. yojinba

yojinba New Member

I wonder if they could reactivate the feature.

12. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I like.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I suggested long ago to add globe value to terrain information. When you select a space that contains a globe and press "n" it displays the nora value of that globe with the other terrain info.

14. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@Baskitkase ...lol. dont ya hate when u bring up a topic that dies early ,, then someone starts a thread about the same topic a few months later, and theres now a big discussion with likes and all.. :(
    heh. either way good idea

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Pretty sure that the idea was turned down due to their being no reliable way to link the two together that didn't require a change in the base code of Pox.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Maybe for a game like this. That's not some real task for an actual coder who knows their Bane Shift.