Summon Cthulhu

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Vorian, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Nora Cost: 100
    Spell:
    Faction: FS
    Unique

"Our Mighty Lord and Saviour has appeared, now to stop the madness spreading around Kthir"
    Karth Finlord

Summon Cthulhu for 1 turn qith 12 AP

Size: 3x3
    HP: Infinite
    Defence: Infinite
    Speed: 8
    Range: 1-5
    Damage: 30

Abilities:
    Attack Psychic
    Psychic Blast AP 5: all enemies within 5 spaces take 10 damage and become pacified for 2 turns.
    Voices in the Head

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Strange, I was just reminiscing yesterday about the time we talked about the idea of Cthulhu being a spell quite a while ago.

What if instead of having damage and a basic attack, it have a variety of activated abilities you get to choose from to spend the ap on?
    Cthulhu should be more of a harasser than a beater in my opinion.

3. Vorian

Yeh but if he is to be introduced into this game with damage, he needs 30 damage because he could beat Maxxarek or Zev into a pulp.

4. soulmilk

2 immediately 30 damage attacks plus potentially paralyze and 10 damage to all enemies within 5 if having ap gen for 100 nora seems too strong to me. it basically kills off 1 champ with full hp then makes all enemies unusable for 1 turn if there is no cleanse.
    People are complaining about drown being too good, which need setup. This does way more and cost only 20 nora more.

5. Vorian

True so make him cheaper without an attack? To use his ability to make all champs paralysed he would only be able to get 1 attack off... Dont forget he costs 100 nora for 1 turn and the champ he is killing will cost less.

6. soulmilk

Tempo is an important part of Pox. Even if you pay more you get ahead in board position. (Look at the spell Vortex as an example.)
    I like the part that it cost 100, it have a good feel to it.
    Maybe instead of paralyzing it pacifies? So the enemies can't do anything even with cleanse, but they can atleast run away in their mass hysteria.
    Cthulhu would likely need another ability or 2 to activate to make it worth the cost though.

7. Vorian

True. So mass pacification in an aoe 5 for 5 AP? Call it Psi Blast and have it deal aoe 5 10 damage as well as pacify? 120 nora for drown is not worth it! Also remember saving up 100 nora is hard to do and it will cost you some board positioning... Also the spell needs to be unique.

soulmilk likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Voices in their Head is rather perfect for something like this.

Note that X Blast ability naming is actually for the ability series that turns attacks into AEs, so we'd have to rename this thing.

Of course, 3x3s are not actually possible within the engine, and I don't know what "infinite" means lol

soulmilk likes this.
  9. Vorian

Just make Cthulhu really tall or sitting down on a throne and 3x3 thing is sorted. Cthulhu would only last a turn so we might as well acknowledge his true glory and give him some ridiculous hp like infinite or 1000... There are loads of Lovecraft fans out there, I mean Cthulhu monarch has 300,000+ likes. So if you do make a Great Old Ones expansion make sure these fans know about the expansion, by contacting the maker of the Cthulhu Monarch facebook page so he can post about this.

As the Great Old Ones are the good guys in the Cthulhu mythos, you could give Prot Great Old One summons and Wrath Outer God summons. The outer gods are the bad guys in the Cthulhu mythos... azathoth for example if the Primordial Chaos, he would be like the devil in the Cthulhu mythos. azathoth is also described as the daemon sultan.

The ability could be called Firks Wrath.