Sundered Lands is decent.. Shoebox it!

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Leviathan, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

Checked out the new patch notes and seems numerous things have been shoeboxed. But overall why must we be slapped with so much Vulnerability?? Our full faction bonus mitigates almost nothing on our heavy nora cost units yet now they become even softer, despite SL being the faction that was supposed to have beefy dragons and draksars.

Sundered Lands just became Skywings purely or SL/ split with a decent faction. The joy of returning to Poxnora lasted only 3 weeks.

Starting with the biggest shoebox..

Vindrax! How sad for the mighty avatar of destruction to have Vul Magic back on him with all the high range + good magic damage there exists from every faction + as a front liner there exists good amount of decent melee magic damage as well. For 100 nora or there about, I cannot see him worth running with Vul Magic again.

Skithmaw Hunter offered a solution to the cheap meat + decent champs that Sundered Lands have always lacked, granted it was too strong for Skywings with the ability set. current changes are not too bad but still a nerf to a solid 65 champ and it will probably see a lot less play.

Dunewalker's Mantle Domain sand is a huge set back from the sandstriker ability, granted we do get evasive 2 but it has never been an issue with the range damage on units that were equipped with Mantle.

Various other things have been touched as well, but will reserve that for a later point.

I understand Sundered Lands must be nerfed as so many played it, but no reason to set it back so much. Shouldn't a faction have more than 1 theme/bg available to them? For a decent chance to play and winning even a little bit we must resort to Skywings which is what dominated before these changes yet hasn't really been touched.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Forge Hammer and Tactical Manual got nerfed because of their damage output. Dunewalker's Mantle had the same problem.

Sealer0 and Kampel like this.
  3. Leviathan

Yeah I'm not saying I don't understand why it was nerfed, but tough or something else would have been more useful instead of evasive.

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Maybe Elusive? :)

5. Leviathan

Yeah but then they would have to increase the cost to 40 nora or there about, otherwise too good and too cheap :(

6. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Nah, I think it would be reasonable at 30 nora since it's a defensive equipment and it's worse than demon shield which is 30 nora, but it has the mobility from domain: sand, which relies on other sand gen.
    I think it will be fine at 30 nora.

7. Leviathan

We can think that but I doubt the devs would make it so ;)

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Vulnerabilities are only +25% damage now, in case you didn't notice.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

One of the reasons Demon Shield is "fine at 30" is because the faction is mainly melee champs and it's bound to race. Granted, a good amount of UD is demons, Demon Shield is one of the things that is holding back UD from getting solid range units.

If a race clause was added, I could see Dunewalker's Mantle stay at 30 nora with Elusive instead of Evasive.

10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I love that vuln change and how they added it to our champs, is not that hurtfull if u think of it. My favourite change so far

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Yeah, I was also thinking it would be a really nice nora discount on a solid rune. More situational, sure, but not a nerf overall.

Kampel likes this.
  12. Leviathan

I don't see a need for it to be added on the champs that got it, 11 vuls overall more than any other faction. Vindrax was below par when he had vul magic, acid breath cd 3 made him average and now vul magic again with so much magic range it have made him sub par compared to valdac, akakios, vex and other champs. We are supposed to a tanky faction yet we got so much vul + so many champs don't really have the decent/good defense you would expect from a dragon or beefy target.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I actually liked it... It's kind of flavourful, and helps balance the fatty...

Kampel likes this.
  14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Kiss of vex/vuln only giving 25% bonus damage killed fire/acid deck, even with -10 nora on it. Too bad, it was different from other SL decks.

Tons of random changes all around. Most of them are inconsequential, others are just plain weird (serpentor ardent buffed to godlike status, all pedes getting +x hp). Sandlion is still the best ranged unit in SL, but skithmaw is no longer the best cheap meat detection we've ever had. I'm curious how it's gonna play out.

15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Look on the bright side void shield in SL coupled with regeneration makes for a very tough dragon.

16. Sealer0

Something got void shield this patch?

17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

As far as I know Guardian of Eretat and Prismatic have void shield as upgrades.

18. Sealer0

And had them since before the patch. Why is it suddenly worth mentioning?

19. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

What about the new champs? Are the new valdacis good in your opinion?

20. Leviathan

Bolter for 65 nora with a rage band on it is insane, if it had reg 2 base it would be OP I reckon. Definitely x2 in draksar bgs

Sealer0 and xplint like this.