Super Smash Bros for 3ds

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zone1010, May 24, 2015.

1. Zone1010

Zone1010 Member

Anyone else realize you can throw the bird people on the purple clouds level?

2. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Anybody realize that anything past Melee is a watered down casual catering version of Smash?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

To be fair even if they made a more competitive version the Melee crowd would still swear Melee was better.

IMAGIRL and PurpleTop like this.
  4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

So many truths I lost my dentures

5. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

You can play the "what if" game all day long, the fact is you have to go with what you have. All Brawl had was online, SS4 has the same poor internet, but very similar physics to Brawl, both of which are watered down versions catering to casuals. The Melee crowd as you call them are no worse than the casual dregs that try to claim Brawl or SS4 is just as competitive because they can handle the floaty physics better. Additionally Brawl introduced pretty much the only character you can argue as broken simply because of his priority, weight, speed, and power balances and yet those same "Brawl people" are the very ones that when they lose blame character choice. The point of the matter is "Melee people" value competitive quality whilst "Brawl people" value their delusions of adequacy and merely the shininess of the so-called updated versions.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Anybody realize that SSB is for children?

Hyuk Hyuk

7. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

It certainly is now with it's watered down physics, when Melee was around you didn't have children who played in their mother's basement show up at the tournaments or if they did they got shut out realized that they couldn't compete and didn't come back instead they stuck to beating their little friends to feel like a "big shot" now you have children that beat a few people online and then they blame lag whenever they do lose as an 'out' for why their loss doesn't really mean anything so they continue acting like some "big shot", but of course if the other party loses because of lag or whatever they don't accept the same excuses they give.

8. Yelmo

Yelmo Devotee of the Blood Owl

A brain dead female ladybug with a broken thumb could master melee. It takes real skill and precision to be good at brawl. L2p

9. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Mhm, Brawl fanboy who never played anybody decent in Melee, got online on Brawl started getting beat just because of the pool of players and came to the conclusion Brawl is more competitive because he ran into players better than his little local friends.

10. Yelmo

Umad bro?

11. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I'm annoyed that they watered down one of my favorite games with the subsequent installments, but you, you don't bother me with your delusions of grandeur.

12. Yelmo

Probably because I'm better and more skilled

Sorry you couldn't keep up with the evolution of the game and had to resort to nay-saying it to justify you own lack of skill. Again, L2P

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Umad kids?

Always fun how worked up people get about Bane Shift like this. I guess I sound kinda similar when talking about Pox or something.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

In Melee... Gannon was a Character not a punching bag.

Melee>brawl

15. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Melee = Brawl, which you prefer just depends on what you value more, competitive or casual, though those casual players did play Melee since compared to their other casual friends they didn't realize just how bad they were so Brawl didn't have to cater to them by changing the physics they would have been perfectly happy with more characters and new stages.

16. Zone1010

Zone1010 Member

Back to the original question, did anyone else realize you could throw the bird guys?

17. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

There are several "bird guys".

18. Zone1010

Zone1010 Member

The yellow guys on the stage magicant.
    The guys who try to body slam you if someone touches them.

19. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

Flying Men? Yeah and further more if Bowser uses his throw off stage he'll glitch to the point where he'll fall indefinitely rather than die like he should.

20. Myrrh

Myrrh New Member

I never play Magicant much, and when I do I'm usually the one to trigger bird guy, so it never crossed my mind to try to grab it besides attack it regularly when an opponent triggers it.

I enjoyed Brawl all those years that I played it, but ever since I've gotten to play Smash 4 and Project M I've found that going back to play Brawl is an inferior experience. It's still fun, but the gameplay just feels unsatisfying in comparison. I find Smash 4 to be an overall step up from Brawl, but there are still issues with it. I wish my Melee disk never got scratched to the point of not working, I never got to play it "seriously" when I had it.
    /opinions