Surge in 2vs2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grillado, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

Yes I know most people dont play 2vs2 ...
    Yes I know this is a "I lost to it thread" ...

It just drives me nuts that 2x same Faction is in most cases simply better than two "random" ones ...

Simply make Surge only count owned units ... or limit the damage buff
    -> It has 0 impact on 1vs1 -> everyone is happy!

So why not?

Thanks in Advance @Gedden @Senshu

MisterMaik likes this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Because most people don't play 2vs2.

3. Grillado

Do you like cats? Yes? Good ... ;)
    Most people dont have a cat ... so why produce cat food? -> cause it does not hurt the ones without an animal .. Additionally noone would buy a cat if theres no way of feeding it ...

Well I have to admit making a point is much easier if you involve cats somehow

4. sokotra

sokotra Member

2v2 is fun, it needs more attention.

5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

This game has 2v2? Awesome i'll be sure to try that soon! Sounds like it would be amazing

TheBulwark and Woffleet like this.
  6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Your logic is flawed. It does not take into account the concepts of time, priority and resources. My point (yours, really), still stands.

But for the record, I do love cats.

7. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Solved.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This "wacky" fun game mode should have just been left as just that.... remove 2v2 ladder (and its ugly eye sore contribution to ranked lobby) ....now who cares if its balanced ... fixed.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Grillado

Sry If my metaphor offended you ;) .. I thought you are just trolling ..

To your 2nd post:
    An relatively easy tweak that makes 2vs2 far more attractive ... dont know what point I am missing ... It is just that simple

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Here comes all the 2v2 haters.. Grill I think it should be allowed its 2v2 for a reason and its a game mode mostly for fun and I think surge x2 is pretty fun. 2v2 is more about teamwork then skill and more about op. But good teamwork will beat op.

Anyway towards Morfeas the reason many people don't play 2v2 is because its unranked atm I promise you the moment you can get a rank in 2v2 you will see everyone playing it just like before. And I wouldn't say NOBODY plays 2v2 since our entire guild plays 2v2 and last time I checked we have the most active guild in pox lol.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nobody played 2v2 before either.

2v2 is worse than 1v1 in the fact that there are more breakable interactions.

12. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Most players don't have a problem with 2x2 -- you can play it all you want. Just realize the game was not designed for 2x2, and so don't expect this part of the game to be balanced.

SPiEkY and Senshu like this.
  13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Well, for 2v2 it makes sense for surge to work for with one's everyone on the same team because it adds more of a need for players to use decks that compliment one another. If we were to break-off surge so it only worked for the champions the player controls we would have to do the same for all other mechanics that aren't limited to the just what the player controls. As it stands surge does not discriminate so you can hypothetically benefit from the champions your opponent controls. This mechanic can also be equally detrimental because champions like the Wood Elemental will replace your partner's plants if it is killed, which may wind up replacing something of your partner's that neither of you wanted to be destroyed. If we start making individual exceptions then it will be even harder for players to determine how things function in the game. Considering the confusion around conditions that can be cleansed and those that can't this would be even more confusing.

Also, all these exceptions would need to be programmed individually so doing this would mean something else wouldn't be done. Personally I love 2v2 because it is so different from 1v1 in terms of strategy which includes mechanics like surge. I have been on the receiving and sending end of dual serge decks, and some times it is absolutely needed to combat the defense stacking champions. It is also completely devastated if the opponent has good AOE damage. In this situation we would need to make equal changes to other abilities/mecanics otherwise the balance of power would just shift to another mechanic rather than equalize.

SaintKiwi and sokotra like this.
  14. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Caps are needed for a lot of abilities and stats.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sure you only play the balanced 2v2 stuff

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Have you seen 2v2 skeletons with graveyards and toilet bowls?

There is no way to fix 2v2. I'm sorry but that's what it is. It's just somewhere to break things.

17. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I can't even imagine that.

Well yes, Broken Bones to 20 DMG 80 HP.

18. Grillado

Game should be fun for both sides I guess ;)

How about a max dmg buff limit?

Actually I got a bad feeling playing against a nice team and only winning because of op-combos ... a friend of mine and me created both skeletons but we quit using them 2x as it feels just wrong ... So yes we actually do.

Wont matter that much if you could see your opponents bgs - as I would choose accordingly and therefore have a balanced match

So my conclusion is: Whatever ... some people like 2vs2, if its not worth tweaking 2vs2 for the sake of making them happy, let it be so ... I just thought I share my thoughts as they seemed reasonable to me ...

Happy poxxing either way ;)

19. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Can you post ur 2v2 bg u used during this game or tell us the theme u and ur partner used.

20. Grillado

2-times
    Skeleton + constructs
    constructs + Elfs

note we both have constructs, skeleton, elfs, kf beasts, moga ... but as I said we quit playin them 2x ... might start again though ...

facing 2x Voils
    -> Bulwark gave Guard 90+ life
    -> Surge gave Sorcerer 20+ dmg

they played good though - guess they would have won even if we would have played 2x skellis or whatever