Temple of Brutality redesign

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by OriginalG1, Jun 3, 2017.

?

Temple of Brutality is banned from ranked play untill it has been redesigned. Next step?

1. Unban the rune, it is decently balanced

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Leave it as is for unranked play only

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. It should be changed to "x" and give you suggestion in the comments

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Who cares?

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Temple of Brutality redesign

Give your suggestions*
    Not give you suggestions

2. OriginalG1

Give temple a range of 5 spaces
    or
    Instead of global make it work on the furthest from the relic enemy and friendly champs (one enemy and one friendly at a time)
    or
    While this relic is in play friendly champions gain life drinker. When life drinker is activated this relic loses 10 hp. (20 base hp) This relic has healing deficiency.
    or
    This relic has death charge 2. For every 10 charges on this relic friendly champs in play at the time gain either:+1damage, a rank of evasive, or +5 hp. If this relic has 30 charges it become possessed. The relic has self destruct. (Buffing effects should be removed with the relic)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

just some ideas, probably crazy and not playable but...
    Temple of brutality
    - global violent for melee range 1-2 units

- global 2x melee dmg but for each attack the relic (or the shrine of the champion) suffers 3hp dmg

- global manic, all melee units get manic (yuck:)

- AoE 5 Minotaurs gain 1 rank of multiattack

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i honestly think temple of brutality could come back in its current state and nothing would change.
    alot of the runes that broke temple have been nerfed down.
    melee runes in general aren't as powerful as they used to be. ( remember old rage of the circle? old dustdevil? )
    honestly never understood why temple was banned.
    it seemed like a kneejerk reaction to me looking back now.
    plus we have abilities like seism now which didn't exist back then and overload relic on 2 other units now.
    honestly it just boogles my mind.
    if we wanted to make temple a counter we could've buffed/reworked that natures balance relic that no one ever seems to use.
    made it so natures balance negated all dmg amp for both sides from things like hunter,temple,and so on instead of its current state of only being useful against fire,frost,an acid amp decks.

5. OriginalG1

Herd you should vote for the unban the rune it is balanced as is:). I would not be completely against giving it another go as is. The biggest offenders are going to be vothsair, sheol demon, pincushions, and steath units if the relic is left as is.

6. OriginalG1

I like your second idea with temple brutality losing Health every time and unit attacks I just think I should lose more health then 3hp. Would it be when ever any Champion attacks or just friendly Champions attack the relic loses health? If it's when both Champions attack friendly or enemy it might be ok at losing 3hp I'm just a little concerned about schorche dwarf and then the Relic never dying

7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

hmm its 7 attacks from any player, since both players benefit from this then the relic is destroyed if it has 20hp. maybe it should be higher damage, i just know the mechanic is around for hurting the relic when some effect happends so wouldnt be impossible to create.

Not sure about shrine damage, even though UD have a bunch of shrine damage abilities and it would fit their strange demonic theme in that way. would be a fun UD counter, deploy it and then almost only use ranged unit yourself and arroweaters so the enemy cant hurt your arroweaters without hurting their own shrine. or just ignore the arroweaters but that aint always good.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. Ioden

Ioden The King of Potatoes

It could simply be;

"Friendly Champions within 2 spaces gain Blood Rage"

That's keeping more of the melee centric theme, and suits the flavour text.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017