Terraformer is Rot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Dec 31, 2015.

1. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

bump because FFS. too much utility/damage in one rune. maybe keep all the abilities but nerf the damage?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He's been nerfed numerous times. So saying "it's time" is pretty silly. That said, I am considering nerfing indirect damage champions in general across the board.

poinl and Ralphen like this.
  3. negatorxx

it feels like his collection of utility and potential damage doesnt line up with his nora. 2 forms of CC, 2 forms of AOE, and competitive damage output for sub 70 nora.

Vorian likes this.
  4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

you sir are xagerratin

5. negatorxx

i wish i had a 68 nora champ that had an ability that did 20 damage, ignoring defense, to anything within 5 spaces. AND had 2 more abilities!

Vorian likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

0 Damage champions are a problem with the costing algorithm since it was implemented. Be patient.

poinl and Vorian like this.
  7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

40 nora medics.

Vorian likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

One of the down sides of IS, for a time, was the questionable damaging AoE's spells they had to chose from. Terraformer is an AoE spell spamming champion with his spells having a cool down between 3-5 turns instead of 5-8 turns. The spells Terraformer wields also do damage without having to have any damage on the champ himself.

Terraformer is an efficient champ. The roll he plays in IS to dump their spell lacking AoE's using his own abilities, at the cost of ap. Paired with the amount of ap generation in IS (invigorate, battle drum, haste, grant action potion [mobility: griffin perch, macadamize]) is where Terraformer's AoE casting abilities look really good.

Terraformer is an efficient champ. He looks really good in FF IS because he supplies AoE options they naturally lack at bargin cool downs. Terraformer's single turn damage output is enhanced ff IS's ap gen.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    doubtofbuddha likes this.
  9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Shimmering flower.
    (Other forms of distract are available)

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

While these do hard counter champs like terraformer, we've established time and time again that a champion/interaction having a counter does not mean its fine.

Vorian likes this.
  11. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

we have?

12. Tweek516

We have. You probably weren't here.

An example off the top of my head, just because backlash exists doesn't mean Nora gen is balanced.

Vorian likes this.
  13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, I meant it's time that he's nerfed correctly, because the previous changes obviously didnt do much.

Vorian likes this.
  14. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Seriously he needs to lose lava storm at the very least, as its alright on the expensive UD champs its on doing 20 aoe damage to non flying units, but on a 68 nora unit its too much! Lets face it all the UD champs it is on are shoebox so the ability itself isnt op or undercosted, its just on the terraformer its OT because of how cheap he is...

15. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The only reason why Lavafall is taken by a lot of players is because its fire damage for one, and two because it doesn't have a clause that doesn't screw you over against FS/ST. 4 nora and a extra round of cooldown is worth that tactical preparation.

I really doubt he is OP cheap as everyone is making him out to be, Jangar pumps out waay more damage than him, has more hp at the sacrifice of not having what you call a "champion control" kit. At most times tremor works against 1 unit. Sure if you rush into him carelessly he will punish you hard but he is much more squishier and only survives because of things like nexus aura.

I have tried to hold a font against a terraformer burst in a lazy fashion and it never ends in my favor, but otherwise if you bait and coordinate around his cooldowns you can find ways to minimize his damage output.

16. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Terra former does seem a bit strong but when I see all the ways to counter him, his low hp and defenses makes me wonder if it's just the player base. Personally when I see a terra former my first plan is to distract, relocate, or range him if those don't work chances are my opponent is just outmaneuvering me and playing better. He can't attack every turn and has low hp and can be hard-countered, honestly if he lost terra form lava or tremor either or I think he would be fine. The majority of the runes damage comes from the combo of terra form and the knock back from tremor.
    I don't like the idea of nerfing all indirect damage champs because of a problematic few, fix the broken few and go from there rather than nerfing too many runes for no good reason. Seems like a waste of resources when you can nerf 2 or 3 runes and be done with it.

17. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

he does about the same dmg as mindshredder but mindshredder cant be distracted

18. Tweek516

He's a much greater problem than pinger.

He pumps out pretty high damage even if his abilities only hit 1 champ.

Practically all his abilities are aoe.

He has huge cc.

And has self synergy eith temor and lava.

19. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

So what if Terraformer kept his current cost or maybe we bumped it up to 70 nora, and then we dropped Rockslide from base and put it on the same upgrade line as tremor?

Griselbrand likes this.
  20. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Honestly I would be fine with tremor or terra form lava just being removed, most people complain more often about the tremor into lava combo than the actual aoes. He should probably cost at least 70 though, your right on that.