Terrorist Attacks in Belgium: Europe United?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Mar 18, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

What u think we typed and what we actually typed are different. I make mistakes too.

Vid was hilarious, btw. :)

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nobody is complaining about IQ.

Stuff like people with white sounding names getting 50% more callbacks with the same resume for job applications. Making false statements about what "social justice warriors" claim to hate about racism in order to justify ACTUAL racism is silly. Nobody is saying that blacks aren't different or that hispanics can't make it only because of racism. What I'm saying is that there's clear cut cases of people with white skin getting more opportunities. Are their things like quota for coloured people which could be viewed as a reverse racism thing? Sure, and I think that's stupid. But some weird rules or weird differences don't change that overal, whites have better chances just because of the color of their skin compared to someone of color with the same qualifications and intellect.

Anybody saying that white people have equal chances as black/hispanics is either ignorant or willingly covering up the truth.

3. DarkJello

If a group has a higher average IQ and better work ethic, hiring someone from that group is more likely to benefit an organization.

Most white people in MuriKa are poor. They don't get special treatment, so of course they feel they have it tougher than "minority" groups. Heck, vets get worse medical coverage than illegals. Priorities are crazy as firk.

Groups of people are unique. And because groups are unique, achieving perfect balance in all areas of life is 100% impossible. Trying to force perfection is doing more harm than good. "Reverse" racism is really just racism. The path to hades is paved with good intentions.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Just some quick reminders:

Islam is not a race. No genetics are involved. One can become a Muslim, or cease to be a Muslim, at their leisure (although there may be some social blow-back pending one's current location and surrounding culture, varying from disapproving stares to joyful celebration to people trying to cut your head off).

Islam is not even a culture, though it is tied to many varied cultures, and the essential teachings and texts of the religion likely influence cultural development in various ways.

It is a fact that some Islamic immigrants from the Middle East are racist ****s that want to dominate and/or kill people different from them. It is a fact that some immigrants have a much harder time integrating into Western culture, in fact, tying both of these together, I hearing a clip of some Islamist woman teaching children to hate Germans... while they had recently emigrated to Germany.

It is also a fact that many Islamic immigrants (or converts) have embraced Western culture and ideals. They can, have, and would help protect someone from murdering a-holes.

This is not my arguing that Saandro or Gerressen is right or wrong, I've largely covered my opinion on racism, Islamic immigrants, and such already, and honestly would much rather see more information/news about what's going on in Belgium, France, etc. without all the ideological bickering between people who really don't have much of a say on how to approach these things anyway. I'm just reminding people of the facts with this... and (not so?) gently trying to nudge the topic... back on topic.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You're letting the mask slip a little there DJ.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Okay okay okay

Let's do basic math, people with the same qualifications (so assuming they have the same level of experience/education), but blacks don't have the same work ethic or the same IQ.

Same qualifications = less work ethic + less IQ

That's strange. Blacks have less of both yet have the same end result. Huh.

Your argument could fly if we're looking at different positions and if we would see a higher % of whites at the top levels. HOWEVER for the same position, if the qualifications are the same, both have earned the same stripes. Unless the whites are underperforming to their max capacity and/or blacks are overperforming, math doesn't add up. And either way, would you rather have an under performing guy at the same level as a normal performing one?

Doubt it. But born as Jamal is clearly a defining factor, because you're not Mike.

#math

7. DarkJello

"#math" should actually have been #NoMath

Companies should be free to hire whoever they feel is the best candidate. Laws that force a certain % of this or that or the other, based solely on skin color and genitalia, are NOT helping disparate factions unite. "Did you get this job cause you earned it, or because you are the preferred, color/gender??" It cuts both ways.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I found your cameo in scrubs as the new board member

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I love how now you backtrack from everything else you claimed be true before about IQ and work ethic is all out the window and we're back to "freedom to discriminate".

Whatever the freedom is, and I don't dispute that, it's the fact that IT HAPPENS meaning that RACISM IS A THING. You somehow keep trying to justify it or rationalize it. However you wanna call it, there is no complete equal opportunity, which was the point I was making.

Anyhow, back to topic.

We found a lot of interesting stuff on laptops and whatnot by them terrorists. Them fools targeting the cabinet of the prime minister etc. We bout that security life now. Went to the movies saturday, date's purse got checked by security guard (who normally isn't guarding entrances to begin with). So yeah, state of alert. Airport still not open.

I'm still dope af though, so it's not all bad

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so apparently the New York police sent over a warning about one of the brussels terrorists to the Netherlands a few days before the attack.

so how come the NY police sent over a warning and not something else?

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What would you have preferred they send? Or are you referring to who sent it?

EDIT: So the second one then.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    badgerale likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

sorry I must have messed up either the sentence structure or I should refer to the NY police as someone. I blame olliver queen
    Also I was just laughing too hard reflecting on the fact that the minister of security and justice is in trouble for misinforming the cabinet because he said the FBI had sent a warning, which is not true.

also I think giving a police departement that already has the combat strenght of a small nation the capability to effectively also replace an intelligence service might be overstepping some lines.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Ohmin likes this.
  13. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the real crime here is that she named her son tyron.
    also the 14 and 17 year old kids beating up her son.
    also the husband threatening with a (alarm) pistol (which is a threat, a thinly veiled one, but a threat nontheless)

15. DarkJello

Fail. Not funny in the slightest.

16. DarkJello

Clarifying and/or making additional points is not backtracking and throwing most everything out the window. Curious claim.

Thanks for the interesting details on your movie experience. Your date was inspected, but now you? Hopefully your law enforcement stays legit. Ours is a bit shady.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

exactly, the entire thing is worthless.

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Whoever loves these refugees so much let them live in your neighborhood. When they start raping your women and beating your children you be sure and jump on that sharia bandwagon. Fck sharia law.

Muslims so peaceful.... Sharia law so good.... Pay no attention(ALLAH AKBAH!!!). All is well

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think people need to remember that things aren't black or white, on or off.

Things aren't either 100% one way, or 100% the other way.

Discrimination and other such things aren't the sole determinant of anything, but they can certainly contribute.

So caring about such issues doesn't mean that you think people have no personal responsibility.

In fact, things like Asians being academically inclined due to parental and societal pressures is a prime example of culture having an effect on people. In some cases, in a detrimental way (young adult suicide rates in Asia is quite high due to pressure to succeed). How a society treats its people, how media protrays people, etc. all have an effect how on people behave. Again, this doesn't mean people have zero responsibility for their actions, but it does bear remembering that where a person comes from can greatly influence their world views, self worth/confidence, etc.

The real problem comes with when people are discriminating and don't realize it, and this is why educating people on these sort of things are important. For me, the key is increasing awareness (this is normally the ground being targeted by the derogatory term "Social Justice Warriors") and exposing people to different cultures and POVs. But it's difficult to do when "opponents" just create caricatures of what you are trying to do.

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So, RT and other Russian media in general have been reporting about a Nuclear Plant near/in Brussels being a potential target. One of the guards there was killed recently, but the Belgium Prosecutor has officially deemed it unrelated to terrorism.

Anyone have more information?

While I agree, I think the issue is that many view the ground being laid to be uneven. Part of this is no doubt due to cacophony.

That is, there are still some people that, for example, might generalize a forum. I'll read: "Is this what you wanted in this game? Why are you complaining now?" Not quite realizing that it's different people with different views complaining about different things.

Someone might say: "Really, maybe cut back on the Rune changes and focus on something else." While others might say: "There aren't enough Rune changes! Buff Turtle Rider naow!" But they aren't (always) the same person.

But on the internet people, especially when there's lots of them, can sometimes meld together. There is no real "face" to people, no distinguishing "voice" beyond the writing style (which is often extremely lacking, especially among the short-form media like Twitter, or comments sections), etc.

To the point where even if one consciously knows there are differences, it might still blend together at least to a degree.

The other aspect being that some "Social Justice Warriors" are actually focusing too much on the wrong things. And of course some people take it way too far on specific issues, perhaps out of a need to "balance" things in their perspective.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    DarkJello and Geressen like this.