That Turret Team though..

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hory sheet . Looks gaf now !

Great all damage, 7 range. 72 nora !

Construct so Boostable, that means 13 damage with boost, 51hp. 14 with a banner and 56hp, slap out a engineer and give him Superior Engineering. 15 damage, 66hp at range 7 ? Give him Logistics Flanking, he now has 7 speed, + complex machine 8 speed, range 1-7 with 2 alt damage attacks. 15 damage (20 with flanking) 66 hp, slap on a Manual, now is 21 damage base, ( 26 with flanking on attacks, range 1-7, 66hp can be toughened up etc and he Turret Team ! for 72 nora ? yes please

jayscales1 likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Constructs are a synergy/build-up theme so you just listed an entire games worth of runes, but yeah, he can get there.

I really think he should be 5 speed base, and turret team, in all its terribleness, should be removed.

GabrielQ likes this.
  3. Axeraiser

Shrug, my meta runs all these runes required and i get it out rather easily every game. The engineers are cheap and so is the turret team. Sure its a little draw dependant but you are going to see it happening more often than not.

jayscales1 likes this.
  4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

DMC/turret team should get some changes when DOG hits the game imo. Hopefully they hit enough game wide stuff to allow changes. Also, it would be cool if all the dwarf/construct mixed units were engineers....just saying.

5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

New turret team is great...

They are basically the poor mans robo dog.

6. bluestun

bluestun Member

Honestly My favorite thing about this rune is sacrificing it. Its not just a construct, its a construct dwarf. This means you could do something like spare parts or melt down for buffs. Melt down not only gives all constructs +1dmg and +5max hp but since it costs 30 and refunds 50% of the unit, it pays for more than itself. Use summoning ritual and not only do you get a 7spd fantastic stone colossus for cheaper than deploying one, but 2 dwarves to buff it or your other champions.

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

FEI: IT only spawns the weaponssmith, not the dwarven handler(thank god)

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Don't you people think that it could lose his basic attack? I mean, the turret abilities are 2-7, that is silly enough.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That would be random and counterintuitive regardless of if the net effect loss of that utility was equal to the total amount of overage.

It just needs 5 speed based. Turret team can go or stay, it's broke and terrible.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I was talking more about design than powerlevel, I mean, nothing that can hit at 7 range should be able to attack on melee consistently aswell.

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

but remember distract or inpenetrable or FR or any other similar ability will wreck this thing. and as likely as not if the opponent is ST or UD one of the alt atks are probably going to be very limited/useless. its a paper dragon with a sandbag ability in turet team but without a basic atk it would be wrecked. but if you dislike it having a melee basic atk make its basic atk 2-7 also or 2-4 (which i would have sworn it was at 1 point).

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

2-4 is what it had originally and I never saw a reason to change it. That's something alpha changed. I questioned him on it but iirc he just didn't respond and I guess that's how it got left in the patch file.

13. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

ok good... im not imagining things lol

14. Tarth

Ive been away for a bit and still not playing as Im waiting to see what the changes are but...whats the point of this compared to DMC? Or even robo dog were they both nerfed? Seems a heavy amount of 2x2 extreme range/damage units for the theme.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's 1x1 now. Yeah I don't get it either.

16. Axeraiser

Its a 1x1, 72 nora with 2 alt damage attacks, 9 speed in theme, with 7 range and cray cray damage

17. Tarth

1x1 now? why?

Also I get that its good, imo too good simply for what you just pointed out....is this " balanced" now?

I meant that it is yet another super range unit in the theme/faction. Seems redundant even if it is " the best one ever" or so to speak.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

agreed with tarth, nerf TT

19. Axeraiser

because Constructs have enough 2x2 , RR, Lodestone,Robodogs etc .

Its very much OP, throw it in meta, stick a manual on it and with a Engineer out your looking at 21 damage + 5 from flanking, 8 speed, 66hp champ. Its too good for the cost now.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!