That Turret Team though..

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Mar 8, 2014.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

9spd? How?

But it's maybe a bit over the line

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

6+complex machine+logistics flanking+ improve speed. And you can add the IS font bonus so it will never be really slow either.

3. JaceDragon

improve speed, right. I don't use loadstone in my construct bg, too large champs pretty hard moving and there are a lot of map that hate large champs

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

maybe, but with 2 silverclan, 2x turret and 2x lodestone armory construct bgs have all the range they need without going out of theme now, I wouldn't cut any of these without including more range, and that means going ot of theme.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

You should, Improve speed is crazy strong and he's extremely survivable and efficient for his cost, as well as been able to forge crossbows and Bane Shift onto Silverclan Enginners to make them more useful.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

One loadstone armory is plenty but I'd definitely run it.

7. JaceDragon

My guildmate stole some of my runes, so many of my bg was cancelled, i remember i run two of them but i always had problem with move them, i'll try them again

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

1 is enough.

9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Axe and I just played each other and I ran up against this guy.......holy crap! I would, at the very least, remove team. I would probs take down the range on his alt attacks as well.

10. JaceDragon

the range is ok, the spd not very well. And he need a reskin

11. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I think everybody forgot that Turrets cost 1 more AP than normal attacks, so 9 speed it's not that awesome. It needs Logistics Flanking and a Lodestone to achieve 9 speed, and even then it is 1 AP less than the necessary to double tap every turn, so it counts as a 7 speed normal ranged unit. And requires babysit from 1 Engineer and being in range of a Lodestone. It seems balanced to me. Just remove Team and call it a day.

12. Ballballer

he has a melee attack too yall............its a melee champ with 2 forms of 7 range alt attacks on cooldown 1. oh yeah, it drops another champ when it dies too and can get up to 9 speed. speed isn't just about attacking dude...........

13. Ballballer

I don't really care what you have more trouble with tbh. Turrent team isn't just about the speed at all, even though it has the ability to get to 9 speed. It still snipes things from across the map and can mix it up at melee range too. And then it spawns another champ when it dies. Btw, for those of you who run turrent team, does it drop a globe on death that gets picked up by its second form champ? On coragh it specifically says that he doesn't drop a nora globe on death, but it doesn't say that on turrent team.

14. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It would be cool imo if this and the DMC had a set up type requirement similar to the salaman sniper rune I cant remember the name of right now. Anyway, Extreme range, including the melee range, and extreme speed should never be on a champion. There is 0 reason for a high damage,speed, range unit that just also happens to have crazy alt damage and the whole team thing going for it too.

15. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

to get to 9 spd you are investing about 120 nora beyond TT's cost to babysit the unit. that seems like an appropriate investment considering the alt dam ranged atks have ponderous built into them as a drawback. its not like you are getting a first turn deploy rush rune out of it. the melee atk presents the over the line aspect of this champ. it used to be a 2-4 physical basic atk and should return to that. the team ability is just a an old carryover ability that doesnt really do anything for the theme or enhance this champions playstyle and can be reworked or dropped as needed. to maintain its current cost and more balance this rune i would sugest dropping team and returning to the 2-4 base range. you would then be vulnerable to melee and still have a basic atk to double tap with but to do so would require some risk to it.

16. Tarth

You can say 120 nora is a large investment but its not at all. Its 120 nora over a game, which is chump change, and its 120 nora in very viable and individually useful champions, which are generally the most useful rune type anyway. IF those runes ONLy had value with in the combo sure, but they clearly dont.

17. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tarth maybe you didnt notice but others are mocking you for strolling in here saying you havent played in awhile then saying nerf a rune. As alwasy you have no clue what your talking about while at the same time suggesting to nerf things.

Guess some things never change.

18. Tarth

Ok? Guess that should hurt me?

Anyway sport, A 1x1,9spd unit with 1-7 range, 3 alt damage attacks with cd 1, high damage and team is balanced for 72 nora. Guess I have been gone a while if that's balanced now. Glad to see that stick up your ass is still around, wouldn't want to actually have to care what you say.

19. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

And right here is where you show you don't know what you're talking about. It's only 9 Speed if you take both Complex Machine and Logistics: Flanking, meaning you have to pass up on Magic Turret, ergo it will not have 3 alt damage attacks. Also, those Alt Turrets are range 2-7, you can't use them in Melee. It's a range 1 unit otherwise, and is of course vulnerable to being Distracted. So let's break this down a little further:

"High Damage"- Yes, it can get towards 20 damage; When you have your Boost Engineer out, have used Superior Engineering on it, meaning Silv Eng is out, and you have deployed 3 additional Constructs to activate Logistics Flanking and have one of those other Constructs engaged to the unit you're attacking. It SHOULD hit for a fair bit with that much going into it.

Team- I'll admit, that can frankly go. The drop is next to pointless considering it's a nonthematic champion. Removing Team is basically all that needs to happen to bring this thing in line. Constructs needed something other than Robodog for their ranged game, and this is the machine for the job.

JazzMan1221 likes this.
  20. Ballballer

Remove team and those alt range attacks go to 3-6 or 2-5

21. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Such a beast though