The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

After a few games I agree. I changed it to leap2

Anima26 likes this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I notice youre not running Augurs atm profhulk, any particular reason? Is it the high nora cost or maybe the lack of ways to make use of their Slam? I feel they go nicely with the Lumbering from Gluttons but i run 2x Gluttons atm and Massive Leap on Kartch. Why did Kartch get Glorious Leap a while back, i still dont get it. Is it just an artifact from when Kartch was tankier with Subsume/Regen3? @profhulk

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  3. Anima26

Iv also recently gone off using Outlaws due to them being a tad squishy for their high nora cost, they do tend to do their job but immediately die afterwards. I dont know, the meta seems to be full of super tanky melee. Opinions?

4. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

I think Outlaws are a bit costly now. I've recently come back playing and used to be a big fan of the Outlaws but can't justify running them with the other options available yano

Anima26 likes this.
  5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What are you thoughts on Darkmarsh zealot? I enjoy running him due to his cost (65), 1-2 range, last word, and hunter fw/ud upgrades. Berserk attack on zealot is a nice non basic attack counter to one with nora and other abilities that depend on basic attacks to trigger.

Leadrz likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

For me personally, I've always like Darkmarsh Zealot on paper... albeit I dislike the sword animations on the sprite.

I've never cared for single-faction Hunter in general, so unless it's all I'm facing go in and out of my deck based on that. For me, I've been running with Berserk Attack 3 instead of BA 1.

I don't always use BA of course, but I find I like it fairly often, and +2 DMG (most of the time) for 4 Nora seems reasonable to me (though certainly not idea). Besides, if they focus on your beater with Last Word rather than the runes around it suffering from Liability that fits well enough with me. (Plus it puts it out of Hunt the Meek range.)

Anyway, I guess my main "problem" with it is that, for me, Hippo Rider is usually better. Less damage per attack, but much more HP, better mobility with Charge, and no worry about Liability. Size can be an issue but it's usually not.

*shrug*

Just my own view of course.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Hitting a deep elf priestess in the face for 21 damage with a 65 nora champion with hunter UD zealot gets me excited. When I hit ethereal soldier in the face for 21 damage with hunter FW zealot= fun times. I don't always get to hunt FW or UD with bog zealot but when it happenns I savor each hit as I one turn those wrath pieces of bullshit.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

I haven't actually tried him yet only used him briefly back when bogs were OP, looks like it could be a game changer in the right situation though. Trying the semi poison BG atm.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

How has the change to Dashing Man (now Elusive Leap) changed the Blackhand? I was considering changing his Leap line so he has something aside from Leap to pick now that Elusive Leap gives 4 movement for 3 AP.

10. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

after everything was changed to leap 1 2 3 that would seem strange again.

11. Sokolov

I assume most people either take Leap 1 for cost, or Leap 3? Does anyone like/care about Leap 2 on Blackhand?

12. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I always take leap 2, it gives you much more flexibility, like jumping over fonts, obstacles, enemies etc for only 1 extra nora

Goyo, Ohmin and Anima26 like this.
  13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I would trade in the leap upgrade line for some fun upgrade options like smoke bomb, sunder, and CA stun.

14. Sokolov

So it's more like Leap 1 is never taken. If an upgrade line of Leap 1/2/3 was being replaced with ONE ability, you'd want Leap 1 replaced?

Anima26, Alkioneus and 4NIK8 like this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Indeed.

Ifem21 and Goyo like this.
  16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I don't know why he has leap when phantom dash, it's not like you are going to use it. When you dash in mostly for kills,

He's fun to run with boghopper bravado

17. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/cgPC20Czmctc30CgUcgYcqWc2@cpucp3C5qs6=s6Tsqs1PS33sxs46S5BrNrWe2Ge2w

This BG yields me more than it should, put me in 1100+. I will possibly swap Shadow for Emergency Kit and try to squeeze something to make the champ number ok. What boggles me, that what I want to switch out, it tends to have a big day, where it's absolutely needed. Hungry Mire is terrific, if only it could target fliers, I would be more than happy. No Monsoon, I think, that I will try to include it, but at the cost of Font Eruptions.

Moreless, Bulls(to some extent Gluttons) are the centre of the strategy, they rarely do use use Basic attacks, relying on give Lumbering to everything, put them in clouds, reposition, at make everything easier for the range department to solve. Bulls are also extremely versatile performing as a initiator with leap + knockbacks, or staying at the back line, buffing Fury. I have a hard time with flyers(Monsoon seems obvious sollution). Augur/Spitter/Furies are almost interchangeable as 4-slot-range-department.

18. 4NIK8

Yes please!

19. 4NIK8

Funny you using Bulls + Hungry as I just included that into my BG and its amazing! Here are some suggestions:

1) I'd remove poisonous fumes and include monsoon, since you have no amp or choking aura hungry + knockback would do more dmg and would pin things down and with monson as you said flyers wouldn't be a problem. If you want poison to reduce def, spitter is in there.
    2) Erode is really needed? I'd swap it for another hungry mire, locking down targets is just too good.
    3) I'd consider running a darkmarsh witch, probably replacing one Tide master. It would lower your dmg output a bit, but it offers you Action Potion + Healing for only 3 more nora.

Edit: This is my bg https://poxbase.com/deck/cgPcwC20CpNctCgICgUcg9cz6c2@C5qs6TsqS33Sxsms5Bs54rNrGrWe2Ge3o

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  20. Anima26

I dont see point in taking leap 1 for -1 nora and losing out on the utility that leap 2 offers for just +1 nora. Also im honored that u are posting on my thread Sok. Fanboy moment.