The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I was mostly considering Blackhand specifically, but it looks like we can consider the Leap 1 thing as being useless more generally :D

Goyo, Ohmin, Anima26 and 3 others like this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I know we're talking Boghoppers here, but i always take Slick in my Boghopper deck. Hes the only out of theme rune i take, mind shredders and moog i dont run because i like to keep it as pure as i can, but Slick is so useful. Anyone else running him in their decks? I do like to play themes pure if i can but most of the time i have 1 or maybe 2 out of theme things.

Slick has acid bombs, 7 spd, flying, evasive (hit n run and flash bomb alternatives), metamorphosis, action potions and hero. For 85 nora. Hes a really nice support rune, i just feel bad not taking him.

EDit: Is Finlords Neophyte worth running if u have Gekaal and Kartch out? I want to run him for flavor but i cant see myself having Gekaal and Kartch out at same time very often, both expensive and have specific uses. If you have Neophyte triggered is he worth? Flavor is tempting me. I guess he would replace Shaman.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think he's worth even without Neophyte (going with Cleanse generally, but Cooperation can work if you want a cheaper option for a 7 SPD frog, though I feel like that's missing the point a bit).

The main question you have to ask yourself is how many heals do you want, and what source do you prefer? A lot of people like the dedicated Shaman for heals, for understandable reasons. But Neophyte is faster, tougher, and stronger, and his Command: Heal can work well with the font bonus or other Heal options, say if you go with a Spawnpool Guardian for example (as I tend to do).

If you go with Neophyte... it can be a bit more hit and miss, but as FS it's not THAT hard to get both Gekaal and Kartch out, it is more inconsistent though. Still, it's probably worth even if you only have 1 of the 2 out at any given time, and that's generally very easy.

4. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Anima, is Boghopper bravado worth it?

5. Anima26

Ive been debating this myself recently, its a decent powerturn spell with +2 dmg if u can get it onto enough Hoppers, and the 2 turns of Intimidating can be a good form of CC vs melee units. The spot fearless/iron will has its uses too vs stuff like horrific aura and abash. Im on the fence atm, im not sure if its worth a slot or not.

Whats your opinion @profhulk ?

6. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Like you said: if you can get it onto enough hoppers, Im having trouble with its range tbh. Would be awesome to increase the range by 1

Anima26 likes this.
  7. Anima26

Yeh that may help it, id also be ok with it being totally reworked to give something different to the Fearless/Iron Will and Intimidating but ofcourse stay a Boghopper themed spell. I like the +2 dmg part.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think it's pretty worth most of the time, particularly since the DMG buff lasts 6 turns (along with the Fearless and Ironwill). In fact, I've been considering putting it in more decks (especially those without Bastion of X) regardless of Boghopper presence, since Intimidating won't always be a factor anyway and to me isn't the main point of the spell.

9. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I haven't really played Bravado, however, 35 nora for

* conditional +6/+8 damage(even given the 6 turns duration)
    * situational contesting advantage
    * several small pseudogimmicks like Glutton becoming the real roadblock

Destiny and Bubble of Protection seem to do the job better in most cases. Not that Bravado is bad, but the 30 rune limit is too prohibitive for such spells

Anima26 likes this.
  10. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

Bravado is amazing. The Intimidating portion only lasts for 2 turns, but + 2 damage in AoE 2 for virtually nothing is great spot damage.

11. Anima26

if it was AoE3 would it be too good? Id really prefer it if it was AoE3. It would push it over the edge for me and make it worth a slot. I always find 30 rune limit very limiting, ha, i have a habit of trying to include as many utilities and counters i can, bravado currently falls short of a slot. But thats just me.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

bravado is worth it for power turns, because most of the time you suffer a small amount of counter damage the following turn since your hoppers get intimidating.

13. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

It could depend on how you run your Boghoppers. I prefer Crusher / Instigator / Darkmarsh Outlaw with a Paladin sometimes at my frontline, with a fury or augur at the back causing trouble. Crusher with Defender and Instigator with Battlemaster makes your frontline very beefy and makes casting Bravado much more attractive, as they'll usually always be together.

14. Anima26

Mine is similar, Crushers and Instigator with Enforcers at the front. Augr, Furies and Tide Masters behind. I dropped Outlaws for something cheaper. I might try it out again as a 1x and see if i use it often enough.

15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

If outlaw was a smidgen cheaper (does he still have leap as a sandbag?)
    I'd run him like I'd run.... Backfire, ooh no poison trap 4 ever.

I wouldn't care if he got pariah as he as an outlaw, but oh well.

16. Anima26

Can Kartch get Glorious Leap changed perhaps? Maybe to Elusive Leap, or something else?
    Also another suggestion was to give Kartch Battle Leader, i liked this idea. Replacing one of his current upgrade options, maybe Glorious Leap or Hunter: Hero?
    Glorious Leap could certainly be changed for me, its not worth taking and Kartch is feeling a little lackluster to me also.

@Sokolov
    @profhulk

17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Glorious Leap change to Elusive Leap
    Hunter Hero change to Battle Leader

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Turtle Rider change to Not Suck.

Just throwing that out there. You know, as long as we're asking for stuff we'd like.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  19. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

End Result: Kartch in ALL THE FS BGs! ALL OF THEM!

Ohmin likes this.
  20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

Anima26 and doubtofbuddha like this.