The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

YES. fix boghopper rider dag nabbit!

2. Anima26

So anyone think we'll get some new Hoppers from the upcoming expansion?

Id like to see some, i know we got a Salaman Ninja but id really like a Boghopper Ninja, Ninjas are cool as firk. I was happy with Glutton, hes cool and his kit is pretty unique. But id also like to see a number of current Hoppers be fixed to be viable too, such as Turtle Rider, Elite, Darkmarsh Sorcerer, Huntmaster, Mentor, Neuromancer and Marsh Warden.

Id also like to see Augur get Leap 2 on base rather than Leap 3. I dont like Leap 3 on base id prefer it to be kept as an upgrade, its so expensive atm and makes runes like Marsh Warden and Augur borderline too expensive. Edit: Especially with them also being super squishy dudes with no survivability. Paying 82-84 nora for them when they die real easy doesnt sit well with me. Id just rather it be Leap 2. Warden and Augur though...

@Sokolov How do you feel about changing Leap 3 base abilities to Leap 2? Would that unbalance certain runes? Is Leap 3 on base increasing the overall nora cost keeping certain runes from being "op"? Id really like to see it changed to Leap 2, especially on Augur and Warden. Its not so bad on Shaman and Spawnpool however as theyre cheaper in general so can potentially afford the +6 nora, they also have low speed so Leap 3 helps alleviate that.

Side Note: Any hope of Boghopper Paladin ever getting a Hammer Throw ability? I would be super happy with that, he looks like he wants to throw that hammer at the pesky invaders of Forglar.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. Anima26

So guys, what we think of the latest patch and how it affects the Boghoppers.

Augur got a really nice buff due to the reduction in cost of Leap 3, hes pretty baller.
    Not had time to look at all my hoppers yet, im really ill today and cannot be assed in all honesty.

Ill rework my decks and post some new links soon.

4. Anima26

Oh yeah, and we got a new Boghopper from the expansion. Boghopper Thunderfist. Whats the opinion on this guy? I havent played with him yet but NKD is interesting at least. He looks a little expensive nora wise but maybe his upgrades can help reduce the cost, i dont know. I should really play around with him.

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

He is great. Meta-worthy. Run him with NKD and punish.

Ohmin likes this.
  6. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I like boghoppers.

Ohmin, Anima26 and Leadrz like this.
  7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

:D
    <3

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Anima26

boghop.png

Edit: Made couple of minor changes ~

-1 Goading Mask +1 Emergency Kit
    -1 Slider +1 Poison Trap (might try Sacred Temple in its place too)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

No Poison Trap, Bubble of Protection, no Detection (I think), and no HoO? Also, Drown with only Tidemaster to facilitate it, without Moog or Monsoon? Are you sure it's okay to cut so many corners for the sake of draw consistency?

Is Boghopper Shaman so bad when compared to Snail that it doesn't even show up as 1x in 'hoppers?
    EDIT: Well, I guess there isn't much holding Boghoppers together anyway. Just the equip and the Violent on Fury. And the occasional Bravado. I personally prefer it this way, just sad about the Shaman.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  10. Anima26

Screw Shaman, id run him in a Soulsphere deck but Sliders much better imo. Im not interested in any of the Detection options, Huntmaster and Shadow are lacklustre, i should probably put an Emergency Kit in there however. HoO is expensive, no room for it with Destiny and Goading Masks. I only run one Drown as a situational play, Tide Master is enough for when i want to Drown something, just requires pre planning. Moog is not a Boghopper and is hella expensive so im not running him. Monsoon isnt my favourite spell and i dont need the Water gen or the Grounded really, id rather run Hungry Mire, Reverb or Poison Fumes. Poison Trap was in there but i swapped it out for a second Goading Mask recently. Bubble isnt in there because of a lack of space mainly, i usually run it, although Dispel can be a bit of a bummer.

Deck could be optimized with less 2xs however, i like to have the right choices early on as people just rush, rush, rush all the time, i dont like contesting fonts with inappropriate champs.

11. Anima26

Just caught the edit. Yeah i was going to say that aswell, not a lot of reasons to run Boghopper other than Destiny, Darkmarsh Fury, Goading Mask and Guarded: Hopper on Tads. Theres a little bit of Surge but Outlaw is expensive and i like Domain on Tidemaster for Mobility. There is Bravado and Blessing of the River but, imo, theyre both underwhelming and fall short of earning a slot.

Edit: Im probably selling Shaman short a little bit, because Slider is so good. You can use Destiny on the Shamans but thats still a bit meh. Idk, id run Shaman if Slider didnt exist.

12. Anima26

Played with the above deck quite a bit and decided i didnt like it and went back to using my Water Boghopper deck, its much better i think.
    Not sure i like Thunderfist all that much, expensive dude. Decent for 1v1s.

boghop.png

13. Iskandak

Use a marsh warden! Hes awesome. And thunderfist is 7 speed alt dmg :). I havent tried a glutton yet tbh :p. And they have a big problem with vision :(

14. Anima26

Yeah dont own a Marsh Warden, i forgot he will have been buffed due to the Leap 3 change. Might have to get hold of one. I dont feel like Hoppers lack alt dmg. 76 Nora puts me off running him.

15. Iskandak

I run 2 of them at 74 nora atm. But that is because I havent decided what to change. I'll post a screen of my current bg soon. I have a very positive vibe with it atm.

16. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Thunderfist is amazing. Great side font contester and can hold his own in most skirmirshes with punish + NKD, he provides alt dmg and since he can stand on his own it is great support to more fragile/ranged units, imo hes totally worth the cost. He's 2x in my goodstuff non-poison bg and would also be 2x in a hopper bg (I don't have one since I think hoppers don't have much holding them together)

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Honestly, Readiness and Stun aren't bad if you need the lower Nora curve.

18. Iskandak

7 speed alt dmg :D

19. Sestrog

Sestrog New Member

Hello. I'm new at Poxnora. I did check a lot of decks. I would like to make a boghopper deck. I see those decks you mention, but i don't really have a lot of resources now. I can get Gekaal and 1-2 more exos I guess.

Can you guys post me a low budget boghopper deck ? After getting that, I'll improve that when I do have more resources.

Thanks a bunch ! This is really important for me.

20. Thansyl

Thansyl Member

I am creating a new FS bg and I was wondering is it better to have a Boghopper Blackhand or a Salaman Commando (I need a new Legendary atm I just have Ambassador Berkchani) any thoughts would be appreciated