The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Sestrog

Sestrog New Member

And I do have 2 woodland diplomat. I'm going to trade with Burcho for something. What should I trade ? Octopus Helm ? Firk Diplomat ?

I can't see through ss's in here since I don't know the names. Put a link with a low budget deck please.

Thanks ! I can't wait to build a boghopper deck !

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It depends on what else you have in it, really.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

Octopus Helm is nice but hardly ever used. Firk Diplomat is decent but is more of a firk rune than a boghopper. If you have access to pox box I would trade the woodland diplomats for other good core FS exos. Particularly you want Tide Masters (2), Drown (1 or 2), and Kartch, Finlord (1)

I will post a cheap boghopper deck in the next hour or so.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Sestrog

Sestrog New Member

Thanks doubt. I'm going to craft commons/uncommons, then trade for rares and exos and stuff. I'm about to get Kartch and Gekaal. Let me try to find someone to trade Tide Masters.

Thanks a lot ! I'll be waiting. Just please make it in poxbase please. I don't really know the runes, so I don't really understand anything from screenshots.

Have a lovely night.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. doubtofbuddha

https://poxbase.com/deck/CpNctC30cgICgUcjYcqWCt7c2@CpuC5qs1s7Zs6TS5ASdsmS5Bs54rWe3o

This is a good place to start. As you get rare stuff, you can start to trade them in.

Things in particular to look out for: Swampguard Crushers, Finlord's Neohytes, Augurs of the Deep, Boghopper Toads. If you have any of the newer runes Boghopper Thunderfists are very wroth running.

It also might be worth it to trade out a Drown or the Emergeny Kit for a Goading Mask. It has a ton of utility and is very cheap in a boghopper deck.

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Add 2x Destiny.

7. Anima26

Id start with something like this if i was one a low budget: https://poxbase.com/deck/czmCpNctC30CgICgUcgYcqWc2@cpuC5qs1s7Zs6Ts5AsdsmS5Bs54s3vrGrWE2G

The first runes i I would look to get, personally, would be:

Augur of the Deep (exotic champion) ~ A great ranged unit
    Tide Master (exotic champion) ~ Another great ranged unit, provides water for Drown/Undertow spells.
    Gekaal (exotic champion) ~ Hero that can kill most things with Nora Incarnate ability and can be difficult to kill with One with Nora ability.
    Boghopper Paladin (rare champion) ~ Melee tank that provides water for Drown and Undertow spells.
    Pygmy Hippo Stampede (rare spell) ~ Great powerturn spell, can do a lot of damage to a single target.
    Destiny (rare equip) ~ Really good equip for Boghoppers, gives Piercing Shot rank 3 and a potential heal/buff.

Lots of the good FS runes seem to always be Rares, especially the spells, which is helpful as they're less expensive to get from www.poxbox.net than Exotic and Legendary runes.

You can build Boghoppers more towards Poison if u wanted to by using Boghopper Toads and Darkmarsh Defilers rather than Boghopper Paladins and Darkmarsh Enforcers. You would also use Boghopper Spitters, Poison Fumes spells, Swamp Wisps and Foulest Mushroom relics.

Hope some of that helps. And have fun playing Boghoppers :D

Edit: I would trade your Diplomats into www.poxbox.net and trade out some things u want such as Pygmy Hippos, Destiny, Gekaal, Tide Masters, Augurs, Reverberating Blast etc.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  8. Sestrog

Sestrog New Member

Thanks for the information. I did save moderate amount of nora shards from heroics and stuff. I'll create the basic common/uncommon ones. Then I'll handle the rares and exos. I'm not in rush but its good to know the direction I should take.

Thanks a lot again. I'll telll more when I get this deck, and how am I doing with it.

9. doubtofbuddha

Destiny is nice enough, but I would not prefer to have it over any of the other runes I listed.

10. Anima26

Its literally the only reason to run full Boghoppers. Whats the point otherwise? Bravado? Surge on Tide Masters?

11. Sestrog

Sestrog New Member

I believe its good for healing, obviously and I do sometimes need a ranged attack. I'll use it, but if the nora cost is lowered like 30-35, it'll be delightful. :p

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Don't forget Protective on Paladin, and Violent on Fury.

Of course, none of these require "Full" Boghopper line-ups rather than just "Mostly" Boghopper line-ups, but it's not like the 'hoppers are bad, so if people like 'em, that's all good, and it does provide for slightly better consistancy than throwing a random Firk or whatever in (much as I personally love Firk Psy-Sentry and the like).

13. Anima26

Im just not seeing why people wouldnt run Destiny if youre going to just play Hoppers. The spot damage and 25 hp heal is great. Fury and Protective are ok but not much of a reason to run more Hoppers than in a good stuff deck, i also only run 1 Fury. Idk. I run Destiny in my Poison Boghopper deck too, albeit only 1.

Other than Destiny the only other really good thing that Boghoppers have as a theme/racial type thing is Guarded: Hopper and Goading Mask.

14. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I run hoppers because I like the race. not because of great synergy tbh :D

Anima26 likes this.
  15. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, and I would rather run Goading Mask.

If you really feel strongly about running Destiny I guess you could drop Boghopper Bravado for it.

16. Anima26

I like your style and i often do the same myself but i do enjoy it when the themes i like to play have decent synergy too and work well as theme.

17. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Destiny, Bravado and Goading mask, and surge are the only reason to run full hoppers.
    Their "racial" is leap apparently. I'd rather have something that synergizes better, like dwarves currently have (though that has been ruined). But they have nuff good champs to run full hoppers anyways

18. Anima26

I always forget the Logistics: X abilities, Gekaal, Toad and Marsh Warden have it.
    I like to build them either focusing on Water or Poison, i think both work well.

Leadrz likes this.
  19. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Outside quips?
    Could try black hand.

Thansyl likes this.
  20. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I build them on drown and destiny.

Anima26 likes this.