The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Also, Reinforcement on the oft forgotten Mishappen Boghopper, which is SPD 6 and actually pretty runnable if you want a melee beater that doesn't have Liability.

Anyway, on a related note (and speaking of oft forgotten 'hoppers), I rather miss Snatcher having Logistics: Flank as an upgrade option.

Anima26 likes this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Flanking is a great way to improve Hoppers relatively low damage. I ran a deck with 2 Huntmsters 2 Outlaws 2 Snatchers and 2 PHS a while back, the damage that Outlaw and Snatcher can put out with Flanking is nice tbh. Maybe an FS split with SP for Peak Tactics would be legit as firk. Youd have access to Alacrity, Harpoon, Havocs Touch and all that other good stuff.

3. Anima26

Flanking in FS is too strong to give more access to it to FS, but run a split with SP and suddenly everyone has Flanking thanks to Peak Tactics. Splits arent abusive though are they? :p
    @doubtofbuddha

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Nope. Everyone should play splits.

:rolleyes:

Ohmin and Anima26 like this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

This is almost (I at least run an Augur!) completely off topic, but I've been having a lot of fun with a Salaman/ST Slam Split. Ice Casters and Architects provide lots of quick and easy Relic Fodder to use with Reclaim and Detonate, on top of the usual suspects (Risen Grenadier, Salaman Trapper)

The main "problem" is that I find myself is figuring out which units to exclude, so it's very much a work in progress.

Anyway, back on topic, what do people think about plain old regular Boghoppers? Leap, Dodge, Block, makes them relatively survivable/annoying in spite of their stats, and they are cheap. Is it mostly just the lack of threat/overall value?

I'm wondering what would make more people consider running them, or if it's just that they fulfill a niche (but good) roll in unit-spammy-BGs?

6. Anima26

They fall prey of 30 rune limit for me, id run them otherwise, outclassed by other melees like Glutton, Paladin, Thunderfist and Enforcer. I think that theyre only really strong though in 1v1 battles, when facing 2 or 3 enemies they die very easily.

Destiny can make them a little more threatening.

7. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

can we get some updated boghopper bgs posted here I would like to see some because im not sure what to put in mine.

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

@Bellagion has been playing a lot of boghoppers.

9. Anima26

Ill post mine tmro, im too tired to poxbase and stuff.

10. izmocat

plz guys i'd still like to see some boghopper bgs. poison or no poison I don't mind whatever you guys think is more runnable atm.

11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

mk, your wish is my command.

12. izmocat

13. Leadrz

old but fine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. izmocat

im not totally sold on it. do you find toads to be very strong? I personaly would run 2 marsh wardens and no enforcer. ill post my bg soon and we can talk about it a bit.

15. izmocat

here is mine I just made haven't played it yet though. let me know what you think.
    boghoppers.png

16. Leadrz

i normally get my bogs up close and feely, and i feel like it's worth paying extra for our high hp champs

17. izmocat

Im not sure what kind of playstyle I have though. I hope I figure it out soon. if your ever online we can pit our hopper bgs against one another and see how our playstyles are different. I also like running all the old boghoppers like elite and shaman and spitter cos they take me back.

18. izmocat

why do you like getting bogs up close and feely and also why are the high hp champs worth it even if they might cost more?

19. Leadrz

because having some stronger less squishy champs outr keeps your champs out alot longer.

20. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Why are the new bogHOPPERs made without leap? I thought that was the whole point of calling them boghopers