The Boghopper Bistro.

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Im not too fussed, i like Leap as a sort of racial ability but it feels a lot like Regen for SL, its thrown on almost every champ when a lot of them can get away with not having it leading to more design space. Dredger has Grappling Hook at least and Thunderfist has 7 speed. Paladin and Enforcer have Leap and so Swampguard has Crushing Charge. The new Darkmarsh Siphon also has Leap. Im fine with the way it is at the moment.

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

leap lost its racial thingy a while ago, so *shrug*
    we hop, but others can hop better.
    + the anchor guy holding some heavy stuff

3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I get why grappler doesnt have it. I get why swampguard doesnt have it. I can see how neuromancer doesnt have it in some twisted way.
    Hell, glutton and glorious leap make a lot of sense. But thunderfist and the new exo look like propper hoppers. I miss leap

Leadrz likes this.
  4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

10/10

5. Anima26

The new Exo has Leap 3 on upgrades though.

Iskandak and Leadrz like this.
  6. Anima26

Also, i made this wonderful artwork so DMR would share some commons with me. I thought i would post it here so it could live on in glorious splendor within the Boghopper Bistro. All Hail the Boghopper Dredger, DOG hire me.

dredger.png

7. Iskandak

I missed that :p

Anima26 likes this.
  8. Iskandak

this looks alot like a ninja turtle :p

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Anima26

It sure does. It was first thing i though when i saw Dredgers real artwork. He has a very familiar look about him, hes just missing the shell :D

He's the oft forgotten 5th ninja turtle, called Alan, Splinters secret love child. Hes always so far behind the other 4 because he has to carry that heavy ass Anchor instead of a pair of nunchucks or a sword, that we dont see him the cartoons/movies. Poor Alan.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Anima26

So anyone played around with the new Hoppers? I havent yet but was wondering what peoples thoughts were.

Darkmarsh Siphon seems a little weird having self sustain but hes probably good, i definitely want two. Maybe has a place in Psychic amp too.

Dredger is cooler than an Alaskan freezer. (Pendulum reference) His art is awesome and i really like it. Hes tanky and has a gap closer which is nice. What im most curious about with him is this new ability Ponderous Blows and how good/bad it is. Anyone tried it out yet?

Watershed Anchor is really good too.

They both have really cool sprites.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I played Siphon in Psychics for a few games last night. I am planning on writing a psychics guide this weekend, so I will go into more detail on him there, but as of right now I quite like him. The biggest problem I have with his ability though is that it is controlled by your opponent, so your opponents will either one-round him or just focus on other units. In a way it seems like a weaker version of Adaptation. I mean I don't mind that much because he is inexpensive, but the awesomeness of the ability is reduced a bit.

Anima26 likes this.
  12. Anima26

I dont know why im not getting notifications when u reply. Y u do dis forums.

I agree on the opinion you stated on his signature ability, i thought something similar myself, he will just get one rounded where possible. His artwork is fantastic though, i really love it.

13. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Hi fellas! :)

I just retrieved my account after years away from this game and I've missed ALOT!
    Played mostly during Drums of War and up to Nora Surge, but I remember a little bit from the Broodcall expansion.

Just wanted to ask for some tips to get a grip in this game again, I've always had FS as my main faction :)

Anyways here is what my BG looked like when I left the game (back then I almost came into top 100 with this deck :p ) : https://poxbase.com/deck/C59CtC30c5fc21CVc2@c7_C5Xc9Wc57c5qc1xsqsds_S33s1gSms3vrNrWe17

After looking around here I see Elites arent played, Spitters are rarely seen, Moog arent used either... Are they useless in the battlefield?
    And I've noticed I got alot of exos to catch :p Augur, Toad, second Tide Master

Anima26 likes this.
  14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Spitters are still good! Moog is great.

I would not bother with Toad. He is nice but not something that you really need after a series of nerfs.

Your bg needs a lot of work though.

15. Anima26

Yeah Spitters are pretty good, solid range with a DoT. Only gripe i have with Spitters outside of Poison decks is that they cannot hit relics, so i prefer to not run them outside of Poison decks (Poison decks have a relic called Swamp Warps that allows youre Spitters to deal Fire dmg instead of Poison damage for a turn). Moog is a great tank, people run hit him quite a lot.

Your deck looks like a Meta/Goodstuff deck so if thats the direction you want to take id recommend things like Gekaal, Kartch, Moog, Firk Mindshredders, Tide Masters, Poison Eles, Salaman Hunters, Tortun Fishkisser is a solid melee albeit a little costly, Augurs of Deep, Swamp Doombringers, Slick and Buzz, Boghopper Paladin is a good tank if u want to run Drown spells, Boghopper Shaman, Firk Paraform and Boghop Thunderfist are other good melee options. Draksar Psion is a viable option. Salaman Commando is viable. Last time i looked, FS meta was a Poison deck mixed with other goodstuff like Doombringers and Mindshredders.

I dont know if the new Boghoppers are meta worthy. Siphon seems like a solid ranged champ. Heres two of the new Boghopper Dredgers though that u can have to test.
    https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3797138

Hmmm, i havent played my meta deck for a while, been playing Mirefolk, Draksar and Snaptooth almost exclusively so i might be forgetting a few meta options or missing a few recent nerfs/changes to certain runes i mentioned. FS is still the bestest though so youre all good.

16. Joodi

Joodi New Member

Thanks for the dredgers! :)
    I have something to look for now thats for sure, forgetting Toad and trying to tweak my deck properly :)

Elites still viable? They no longer have intiative, that sucks..

I actually have a Swamp Warts so might try to build a Poison deck later.

The Boghopper Paladins seems fairly good so need to try and catch those + 2nd Tide Master, Augur, Gekaal, Slick and Buzz. Thunderfist and Salaman Commando seems very nice, Salaman Hunter too :)
    Outside of this Destiny, PHS, Reverberating Blast and Bubble of Protection seems too nice to miss.

Oh, and the Darkmarsh guys seems to be really powerful!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  17. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

So I've caught boghopper fever and just want to thank you guys for your tips and stuff. Great thread.

Anima26 likes this.
  18. Anima26

No problem.

Elites are ok, they fall short of earning a slot for me. Decent melee beaters i guess? I prefer other options for melee like Thunderfist, Paladin, Misshapen, Dredger, Bull or Enforcer.
    Paladin is tanky for his cheap cost and brings the water aura. Purified in FS. I like running him with Drown and Darkmarsh Warsong spells. The 3 summons help proc Protective more consistently, and its a great spell.
    Tide Master is worth 2x as a strong ranged unit, especially if u run Drown. Leap had a cost change recently making Leap 3 a little less expensive which benefited him.
    Augur of deep is another great ranged unit for FS. Slam is super helpful and he has Jolt for harass. I love Augurs.
    Need to get a Siphon to try him out, his artwork is really cool.

Have fun with the hoppers. For Forglar!

Joodi and Cinder405 like this.
  19. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I'm gonna have to make room for my paladins since I run a deck that relies on the powers of the waters.

20. Anima26

Theyre worth it. You can run Scimitar of the Deep for suprise damage on the Pallys too. If u can find a slot for it that is.

Cinder405 likes this.