The Book of Al'Mara - An Inquisitor's guide to Paladins, Priests and Shamans

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Comments Below:

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Let me know when this is done. It's begging for a sticky.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Paladins have been properly formated. My next order of business will be adding the notes and synergy sections to each paladin and then formatting the Priests and Shamans. Hopefully by the time I finish this the next patch will have been released and I will have to overhaul the Paladins rankings and builds. After everything stablizes I will move on to the Spells, Relics and Equips and from there Deckbuilding.

I am looking for someone to make a Header for each section and the Guide as a whole and if the work is good enough, will pay with runes. If you are intrested in giving this a try please send me a header for the Paladin section. If I like your work we can work out a price for the rest of what I need.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

why don't you like bb?

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

They are effective in a pairing but it takes up two deck slots in a meta very competitive for those slots. At the moment Talgar and his Equip are almost a must in a full Paladin deck and taking up 4 of your slots off the bat does not make a very flexible deck. They also have a lot of cost tied up in Brubaker Bond and Resistance. BruBond costs 10 Nora to give them 13 Nora worth of abilities but only when they are together. Brubaker Resistance costs 8 Nora per unit to give one unit a 5 nora ability and the other a 4 nora ability. You are basically paying 16 nora for 9 nora worth of benefit. Whenever the patch hits and Sibling takes a hit they are going to be downright terrible.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm curious about your thoughts on Aspect of Divinity. With the cooldowns on the abilities, I feel like it is overpriced for what you get. If ascending took the abilities off cooldown, that might be a good buff.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

At the moment there is next to no reason to run her at all. If she had Recharge I think she would be playable but even then there are better options for all the roles that she fills.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So much work for something that will go out of date in a month.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yeah its why I paused writing the notes sections and have just been formatting the champions. After the midterm patch I will continue with the notes.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Did you forget?

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I did. Good catch.

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I demand you include Holy Mace somewhere in here. The title demands it.

It's a niche rune, but hard-countering 2 of the most popular factions in the game puts the odds heavily in your favor.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I second this motion.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Motion Passed. Divine Face Smasher added to equip list.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Shaman section formatted. Im off for the next 2 days so hoping to have the non-holy champs, spells, relics and equips finished by tues. My note writing is on hold till after the midterm due to paladin changes/buffs.

18. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

What about the ankh of valdac in the relic section?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good call. I will add it.

20. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

They updated some champs to speed 6 (cardinal and ethereal priestess). Could you update those? (im really liking this guide)