The equip "Covenant" still gives blessed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

Blessed is supposedly removed from the game, yet Covenant still gives the ability. Just pointing this out, hopefully Sokolov will read it in case he's not already aware of it.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So does the Vial of Holy Water.

Osidan likes this.
  3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

And shroud of Almara still gives first aid 3!

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Did they specifically say Blessed was removed from the game? Pilgrim's gift also grants it.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

Well most champions who had it now have Regeneration 3 instead so it's basically gone in many cases. So I believe removal is the intention. I think in that case, they should also remove it from all the remaining sources.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Technically an ability can be removed from champs but still granted by equips. Look at that one equip with Boon of the Undead.

DarkJello, mw24 and Iskandak like this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Seeing Regen all over the place outside of SL is icky, honestly. Regen feels like a specific, special kind of ability that either helps define a champion or set the tone for a faction, but it doesn't mesh well with some setups. Talgar, for instance -- didn't know that guy could grow back limbs.

Lushiris likes this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

His fanatical devotion to his faith allows him to call on the goddess Al'mara to mend his wounds. Haven't you ever been to a carnival where some sideshow attraction claimed to cure illnesses through belief in God? Same principle here, I think, except it actually works.

Pattn199 and Tweek516 like this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe it's the weird, evil-green-eye icon that's throwing me for a loop. I mean, you can certainly work up an explanation for Regen on most units, but compared to lizard people...

10. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Talgar is "special"

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, we'll adjust these over time, but I am also not opposed to some of these runes keeping Blessed potentially.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

growing back limbs would be reconstitute. regen is just 2-6 hp a turn.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

You are right. @Sokolov, talgar needs reconstitute not regeneration

mw24 likes this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Think of them like Super Saiyans. If you don't kill them they'll heal up and come back stronger.

15. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I can't remember Super Saiyans having high regeneration powers?
    In the Z Sagas, they had to use machines to heal. Otherwise they used beans.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Did I say they regenerated?

17. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

You didn't, I misread, I am sorry. D:

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

that was to accelerate their healing process. didnt u watch the part where they got their tales cut off and they eventually grew back?

whatever happen to their tales later in dragonball z. wtffff.

soulmilk likes this.
  19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Um guys... I hope you do realize that human beings actually regenerate in real life too. Just more slowly. We get an ouchie and then we get over it. Pretty much ALL LIFE FORMS EVER have this ability, even if some are specialized in it. And guess what: some people actually heal faster. That is in fact a thing, so you can stop being annoying about it.

BUT if you really love getting nitpicky about this, then here we go!
    First of all, there is no such thing as losing a limb in Poxnora (btw, if you name an ability "limb loss" but it doesn't actually fit effect wise, then no, it doesn't count; I can rename poop as "pizza" but it won't make it delicious).
    You can PRETEND there is a limb loss system, but no actual implemented game mechanic takes care of that. It's your imagination supplying that. If we did in fact have a limb loss system, it would be something that stopped you from healing portions of your health or some sort of handicap system that takes away some of your ability to do stuff. The closest things to that are in fact stuff like Inhibited/Defiled and Metamorphosis/Distract/FR. But it's not quite the same.

You sick of this rant yet? Tough, I still got stuff to say!
    Games -as we all obviously know somewhere in the back of our heads- are built to mimic reality with varying degrees of accuracy. Even fantasy games (if this is confusing to you, I'd be happy to expand on it in another rant).
    The numbers, stats and mechanics you build your game with will not be able to represent reality 100%, nor are they supposed to. You just pick what is needed for your game. Could we have a limb loss system in Poxnora? Heck yeah! But do we NEED it so much that we'd overlook the complexity it adds? Meh...

The same goes for being super traditional about what races we expect to regenerate and how well. We can just have 1000 variations of Regenerate, customized to fit the individual races. But why? What is the reason you would supply for adding more 'realism' or 'traditionalism' at the cost of added complexities and restrictions?

And for the love of god, why can't this heroic dude be good at regenerating and never kicking the bucket?

I still hate you Talgar...

</rant>

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    DarkJello likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Incoherent salt aside -- yes, games are simplified mechanical systems, yes, you can form justifications for whatever mechanics you want to include in a game. My objection, which based on your specific quotation about limbs seems to the source of your response, hardly hinges upon any sense of realism, and rather comes from a place of aesthetic objection: Draksar have been about their super-natural healing abilities in the past, and SL has historically had Regeneration as a defining faction characteristic. The comment about Talgar growing back an arm was intended to be a humorous and illustrative example -- sorry if that wasn't clear.