The fw problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Nov 26, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

:rolleyes:

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't really buy that: their non formula runes such as spells seem to be the same power level as other factions. Obviously ED, bone circle staff (which is becoming useless next patch) mobi are very versatile, but every faction has strong and versatile spells. In fact, I believe that FW is probably on the weaker end in that regard.

3. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

how come you forgot soul reave?

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Soulreave isn't a strong spell it's just a very specific counter for a few annoying things which are often countered much more easily or efficiently. I've had that spell in my deck from day 1 but I barely use it because i usually find a better solution to the problem.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

you're a nub, it's one of the best spells in the game.

6. potatonuts

I never said it wasn't and that's the kind of counterpoint I'd expect from a 5 year old. You can read can't you?

Don't get so *****y over someone disagreeing with you, its pathetic.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  7. potatonuts

I was thinking about this a while ago because some FS trash whined after i used ED and Mobi in one turn. All it did was make me realize that i have probably never lost to FS without them playing the faction 'crutches' like Pygmy Hippo Stampede, Backfire Boon or Reverberating Blast. Every faction has their strengths and people who are only on the receiving end of those things tend to get upset that they don't have that exact spell at their disposal too.

Reminds me of when i played Planetside, I used to main TR and all the time people would complain about the VS and NC weapons being overpowered. Though when I played the other factions on other servers it would be the exact same thing, NC players would claim that TR weapons were OP and VS players would do the same about NC. People just want their team to have the biggest guns.

8. DiCEM0nEY

I started the terran death company on planetside 1, do you remember that guild? It ended up as the largest 1. Ps1 was the best

potatonuts likes this.
  9. potatonuts

I logged on a while ago for nostalgia and there was literally nobody else online :(

10. DiCEM0nEY

Is it still p2p?

11. potatonuts

I think it went f2p a while ago.

12. DiCEM0nEY

Number 1 did??? Fap fap fap

13. DiCEM0nEY

I don't really think it is that good in current state personally.

14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Soulreave is a good rune. It's just not as apparent nowadays that alt damage is plentiful but it was amazing in stuff like Stitched or Zombies which had few damage types in their early iterations.

15. potatonuts

Never said it wasn't good. It's just not 'strong', all it does is counter specific things like Evasive or Impervious and usually ends up reducing your overall damage by negating on damage effects like Rabid.

If you take into consideration that Soulreave like most other spells is played to kill ONE specific champion then Reaper's Blade is more beneficial 9 times out of 10. Soulstrike is enough of a damage boost to not worry about losing DOT dmg and it won't affect all of your champions for multiple turns which is in many situations a drawback. Not only that but you'll save a ton of AP on your other champs who no longer need to attack because of that Soulstrike damage, all for the same cost.

If it cost 30 nora and only lasted one turn then I think I'd prefer it as then it wouldn't potentially gimp your other champs on the following turn when you've already killed whatever champ you needed Soulreave for. It is much better in Liches and other themes that actually scale DMG though.

16. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, it has many drawbacks like you say. The most common ones are losing on-damage proc effects and getting relic blocked. Furthermore, and I suspect this has more to do with Soulstrike and ignorance, people also seem to think LoL attacks ignore DEF for some reason. I've lost track of how many times people PM'd me ingame or asked me on discord/skype why I didn't just Soulreave into a 5+ DEF tank. I think there's a lot of old and new factors that make it a highly optional rune like how perseverance counters are not a necessity anymore or how IS barely runs impervious but I'd rate the rune a 6.5/10 on the power scale with potential to go higher on the scale depending on the meta.

You played any zombies lately? That deck seemed frustrating to pilot atm.

17. potatonuts

Yeah I remember finding that out the hard way a while back when playing against an IS Thirst for Battle deck, not a fun game.

Not very recently but when I was playing a few months ago they felt pretty slow, the incremental nerfs and reworks have taken their toll it seems.

18. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That and ST/SL are pretty dreadful matchups. It's still a near autowin vs UD but you can be ranged down by almost every other faction and it sucks. Herder change basically means you need to pay 30-60 nora to not get ranged down or powerturn if you wanna gamble.

19. potatonuts

Yeah pretty much, ST with Orb of Frostfall is a nightmare.

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I was thinking more about the aoe from frostamp and string warlock swarms but yeah, any further hinderance to movement shits on that deck. New SL bonus also makes the matchup something along the lines of a 3/7 in their favor as well. Once the rite changes go through and there's no locust counters, it'll be closer to a 1/9 probably.