The List; Iconsistancies-Redundacies-OP/UP/Bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karmavore, Jun 29, 2014.

1. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Mythical is what they were, I don't think they were ever unique.

2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Going to talk to other respected FS players that know what they are talking about and in due time will send a list to you.

Karmavore likes this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Right, sorry.

4. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Savage Tundra:

Nerfs:

Jakei Starseer Starshine reads that it gives Majestic to the closest friendly champion for six turns, this is abuse-able by simply reposition your champions to gain both ranks of majestic across all champions. Revert to old starshine.

Strig Warlock (I don't agree by the way so post your thoughts) but some people have voiced concerns over dark favor 3. Lower the option to dark favor 1 or 2. OR remove it altogether and change nora cost accordingly.

Elven Ancestor is both a little bit to much of a tank when it should be a damage dealer. For it's Nora cost it does to much damage because it's too hard to kill - Have it lose phase shift and perhaps look at increasing Loyalty ability cost to keep it at 75 nora.

Buffs/Changes:

Freeze bug keeper can no longer attack so she only acts as a counter summon - Give option to attack for increased nora cost or shorten CD on throw freeze bug.

Aspect of infinity's abilities intensify and mirrored are pointless. It has no attack and those abilities would take over blindfire which is the only use this unit can have. Let it have blindfire as a normal ability.

Frostfall Vanguard is a 92 nora cost unit with colossal. If you compare him with a fire giant or Forest giant they are all quite simliar but the latter units cost 20 less nora making them viable. Have it lose Frost acolyte or/and frost overload to reduce cost.

Vallasser the elder and I presume other heroes have been turned into their counterparts making them pointless. Give them a different attack element or make them
    something else altogether and realease it as a legendary.

Throatrend lonx having beserker 2 takes it to 7 speed and without multi-attack it means it will only be able to attack once making it pointless - Give option for
    berserker
    3 for extra nora cost.

Angel of Perseverance (and from what I've heard all angels) are too high in nora cost for what it does. But for angel of perserverance Give it easy target, intensify as an upgrade option and maybe even merciful (it is an angel afterall).

Savage doombringer is too expensive as are all the doombringers I've heard. Find a way to reduce it's cost Decrease it's movement speed to 5, increase the doom ability AP cost to 5

Arctic Turtle is too costly compared to similar role champions of the same faction. As daeminicus says, it's outpicked by Tardigrade and in a beast bg where it could have a chance, it's outpicked by Mastodon. Have it lose amphibious and arctic to bring cost down.

Blizzard Elemental Goyo says it's too costly to include in frost amp. I suggest to use him as a snow bringer with some combination of Trail: Snow, Snowbreach, Snow-Fall and Snow Blast. Make him a cheap support.

Ferpent
    Goyo says It works as a cheap beast, but it's upgrades are too costly to consider using it as a snow bringer. Also it complety lack racial synergy. I would put Tunnel: Snow (2) on base and Trail: Snow on upgrades alongise some racial utility

Inconsistencies:

Frostfall hydra is just to expensive and the differences in Nora cost between abilities HAVE to be a mistake. Spellsurge: Snowstorm is 2 Nora cheaper than Spontaneous regeneration and ice eater is 2 more Nora more than it. Spontaneous regeneration is way better than both of them put together and so it seems one or more of these abilities don't seem a fair Nora cost.

Nora beasts option one upgrade to lose lumbering and gain easy target making it cost an extra 20 Nora seems is pointless. No one would ever do this.

General Problems:

It seems from the limited feedback and from how it appears to me when trying to put a lonx and yeti themed deck together that they are too expensive to run and not viable for competitive play. The Nora costs of some of these champs is something that will need a lot of looking at but for now i'm just bringing it up as a general problem. But every theme needs some cheap units. So some of the units could perhaps have some abilities, damage, speed, health etc altered in order to accommodate this.

Bugs:

Laerik the fierce avatar doesn't work. When you change transform him he doesn't gain AP and bestial fails, you then get an error message.

With thanks to goyo who has also been helping with this (check out his thread on the ST page)

(To be Continued....)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    Karmavore likes this.
  5. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

KF
    UP: Oculli Slag
    Yeah, he probably was frustating to play against, but I don't think he deserves shoebox, specially after getting healing deficiency. His upgrades options were the things that kept him runnable: Nora Miner 1, Premonition, Sever summons, or Horrific Aura.
    Right now, he has none of this, not even as upgrade options.

Inconsitencies: Menalaus
    Upgrades are mixed and don't make sense. Regeneration and Heal should be in upgrade 1, and Magic Nova (3) and Grant: Magic Aura (3) should be in upgrade 2.

UD
    UP: Akakios
    16 DMG to 9 DMG is too low. He is a Broodcall dragon and doesn't make sense to have 9 DMG, considering he is a melee champion. every point of dmg should be worth few nora, so it doesn't seem a problem to increase it.

FS
    Inconsistencies: Firk Diplomat
    Too high nora cost, probably because "Marsh Awakening" ability is worth a lot of nora. Its a very situational theme-related ability that really lowers his usability. It was putted on him for no reason on last SOE moments, and should be on upgrades or removed imo, while lowering his nora cost.

OP: Electric Eel
    Counter Attack: Ranged on a champion with Evasive 3 that was already very strong pre-revamp?

Inconsistencies: Death Lily
    Rapid Attacks deals 50% of the champions DMG, and Death Lily already has very low damage (5 DMG). No damage or on-hit effects will activate if the enemy champion has 2 or more defence.

2 more
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/dear-gedden-elder-murkwurm-and-draksar-marine.4138/

IS
    Inconsistencies: Priest of Valdac
    Divine Favor upgrade Path says: "Put me at the middle-end of the game when you have injured champions to heal". Scry upgrade Path says "Put me at the beginning at the game so you can reveal more runz".
    This doesn't make sense to me, as one of these will be useless, lol (unless this was intentional, which I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

ST
    UP: Crystal Mastodon
    Arctic Bolt was main on him. Impairing feedback can be on upgrades, but Arctic Bolt needs to be on base as it was his only usefull ability.

FW
    Inconsistencies: Crossbone
    He doesn't need Impaling Strike, and even if he does, the nora cost for taking this upgrade is very cheap.

Inconsistencies: Skeletal Reaper
    Scythe Wirl is a unique ability of a split hero that is supposed to only work on him because of the CD o. Its also completely irrelevant to the skeletal race and too strong on Reaper. Cleave would make a lot more sense if he uses a scythe, or Logistics: Speed if he needs synergy. But Scythe Wirl on Reaper is completely killing the fun of the Split Hero.

Tortuns
    UP: Tortun Mortar
    4 Speed seems too low for any champion, he needs accrue to at least move around the map.

UP: Tortun's Trade Upgrade.
    Tortun's trade is too weak compared to Banditry or Pillage (upgrade path of every tortun), even in a Full-Tortun battlegroup. Buff tortun's trade (Old tortun's trade: "CD: 0" (Passive), 6 to infinite range, but with a limit: 20 Nora Max per turn) or nerf banditry.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

actually what I'll do is have designated people compile a list for me for the front page, then have people post their own in here. that should work a lot better I think.

7. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

Also I really don't agree with all the nerfs for KF that have been suggested. The suggestions for Elven strategist/Falconer are good. But as for the Druid (for me at least base damage is fine) Just make it lose enrage when it swap forms. The rest of the KF champions I feel don't need a debuff in anyway (from what I've experienced playing against them). I've read through the buffs and they all look like good suggestions.

8. ProR2D2

I'm pretty sure this is intentional and they are price correctly because Intensify and Doom are very strong abilities. If you want them with less nora cost because "THEY ARE MY FAVORITE RUNES", they will loose abilities in exchange (like Cyclonic Fesh, Korona, many other legendaries recieve), and more ppl will complain than the ones that are complaining right now.

For legendaries, I feel this the best choice, to increase their nora cost as long as they ends up being 100 Nora Cost or less (like Angels and Doombringers) , rather than removing some of their key and fun abilities to compensate their low nora cost.

9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

FW/UD (stitched)
    Stitched shaman
    • Reconstruct: dreameater to base
    • +5 nora cost
    Matriarch Sarinda
    • +3 nora
    • Either reconstruct or deconstruct to base.
    Kiergana
    • Life siphon to base
    • +3 nora

FS
    • Augur of the deep gain class wizard
    • Firk mindbreaker gain class wizard, lose preist (used to be the PERFECT target for tome of the arcanis but now it's a dead equip)

Reasons: Stitched theme is dead, losing 2 of it's best reconstruct/deconstructors Kiergana cannot specialize in a theme without losing a remarkable amount of power. FS wizards got hit pretty hard killing any KF/FS wizard split.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  10. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

They are pointless in their current state so something needs to happen imo. Maybe give intensify as an option.

11. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Why is Death Harvest a draw-back? It was the main reason to pick her over Kiergana pre-revamp.

12. ProR2D2

You are saying they are pointless, but you're not giving any reason to support your statement. They are priced correctly and if they reduce their nora costs, they might loose a fun ability :p.

I do think 100+ Nora is bad for the game (unless there is 1 every 500 like titans), but angels and doomies are just around 100. If 100 nora is too high for an angel, then intensify as option would be ok as long as people don't miss the option that is being replaced.

13. Rokkushun

OH GEEZ it's THAT ability?!
    I thought death harvest was the ability that made her kill the closest champ on deploy!

14. StupidJerk

Yeah, Death-toll. Its removal is why her nora cost was raised. Still heavily nerfed without Eradication, but she's still a lot more appealing than gross 5-speed Kiergana.

15. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lol.

Well, I think it should be DF1 max, so at least we agree on the direction of the solution. Add another upgrade on that chain as well.

Karmavore likes this.
  16. Rokkushun

I just hate how they homogenized most themes, forcing you to pick between minor synergy or MASSIVE POWER

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

DF3 shouldnt be that easily accessable imo... Especially if I can use grims mirror on it.

18. Explosteevo

Explosteevo Member

I said maybe give intensify as an option... did you not read that part? So it gives the option to be made cheaper without, to quote you 'remove some of their fun abilities in exchange, and then more people will complain' Please take the time to read posts before responding. No one runs them anymore, they are shoe boxed in their current state. Under your logic a champ that does 100 damage and cost 1000 nora should be kept that way as other wise you'd have to 'remove some of their fun abilities in exchange, and then more people will complain' but whats the point if they can't be used due to high of a Nora cost. These aren't runes like Azauren the shepherd or Lonx Chieftain which holds a theme together. They can easily be left out and left alone forever and really the fact NO ONE uses them anymore more than backs up my statement. The real question is why don't you want them around anymore. I'm guessing you don't own those runes as if you had played them you'd know what I mean and it would explain your stance on them. They can at least made viable by the upgrade options letting us cut abilities for a lesser Nora cost.

19. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

a lot of these nerfs seem well reasoned. a lot of these buffs sound a lot like petty whining. summoned units were a bit OP before, they were nerfed intentionally, not accidentally. with some of the utility nerfs to all around awesome utility champions sever summons is rarer than ever too. also all level 1 summons got a massive boost in the revamp because they're not missing 2abilitities like they were before. feels like the OP didn't take any of this into account.

also my personal feelings about pox harbies is that they were gifts for beta participants that were never meant to be legal in competitive play.... solution? a) make them suck b) don't make them playable in ranked play c) make them obtainable, in fact every rune that is legal in ranked play should be possible to obtain, now and forever, that's how any reasonable ccg is run. (if you want to sunset old cards as collectors items they don't need to remain legal in modern ranked formats).

edit: like the post right above mine, a lot of your buffs are just not well reasoned rational or explained. any of the changes you provide solid comparisons and logical reasons for tend to be really good and I agree with, but sometimes you just state this suxxor -102810 nora pls k thx... and those statements I do not agree with.

StupidJerk likes this.
  20. StupidJerk

They were nerfed? All the changes to summons you just described are buffs. On top of all summoned creatures gaining additional abilities due to the new level system, and the reduction of Sever Summons throughout the champion pool, numerous summons have had their cooldowns reduced as well. At the very least, every faction should be given one source of Sever Summons, to make it fair across all factions.